The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Un-Hyped for the Witches Festival?

• generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    I'm disappointed that they cut the requirements, but I also get that there were a lot of people .... distressed ... at the requirement to dress up to "trick or treat".

I'm gonna have fun, and do my best to get the achievements so I can get the house.

'Cause Fianna wants it, and whatever Fianna wants, Mol gro Durga will do his best to get.

what house?
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • gronoxvx
    gronoxvx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty disappointed to read its pretty much the same as last year even including the hollowjack motif pages (even now theyre still trash when it cones to selling them in traders). Could have at least added something other than housing/furnishing to the event.

I only see this “event” as a time to level a new alt and thats it.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I already pretty much figured it was going to be like this. So, I'm just going to try to power level my newer characters and gather whatever items I don't already have (the 2 new masks for example) and make sure any friends playing have everything they need as well. After that, I'm just going to give everything I have extra's of away in like beginner zones probably. "Might" try to get the title on a few more characters. I rather like this one.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    XP boost - Ill gladly take it to lvl skills on some of alts that are not 50 in all of them.
  • BrianDavion
    BrianDavion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    I don't get the pandering to achievement hunters who didn't have the game last year. Each event should just be new, and seal off the previous years achievements.

that's a horriable idea. 1: it means people can't do the event that they did put time and effort into creating.
    2: it means all that time and energy has been wasted.

the ideal way to do events is ala LOTRO (or how it was when I played LOTRO at least) you got event currancy you could use to buy items (no random lock boxes) and each year they'd add something new to the event, a new activity etc. so if ZOS did that this year they'd add in a daily "haunted house quest" for example.
  • MarkusLiberty
    MarkusLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, not everyone has that much time. It's nice being able to get the stuff I missed last year.

Would be nice if they added some new furnitures though
    *Special Snowflake*

• resdayn00
    resdayn00
    ✭✭✭
    For people who missed last year's Witches Festival, this is a good move so they can do everything they missed out on. For us who've already maxed out the Witches Festival last year, it's like a little expansion of the event from last year - 2 new runeboxes, some new housing items and the possibility to buy a new house. I do feel like it's not much, it would have been nice to include some new achievements and maybe more new collectibles while also having the ability to do everything from last year. But on the contrary, it's still something new. A lazy move would have been that everything stays the same, no new collectibles, nothing.

I've already done everything last year, all achievements, all collectibles, recipes, everything. But I'm gonna enjoy this year's witches festival too. I love collectibles and housing, and while collecting them, I'll also level up faster! Maybe I'll even start a new character and level up that one too. It's possible that I'm buying the new house too.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Resdayn Indoril, Dunmer Magicka Nightblade - Main

Pactum Dunmeri | Ard Feainn | Aetherius Art | Kley Guild

Achievement points: 26k+
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Note that you do not have to use the Witchmother's Cauldron in order to gain the XP buff.
    You do not need the XP buff or the undead polymorph active in order for them to drop.

I think it's very nice. Many people complained that they don't want to look like ugly skeleton in order to have double XP buff and receive plunder skulls.

I'm sad that we can't permanently unlock this polymorph though :/ It looks very cool...

JmluXUb.jpg

I also like new house, very good that it's also available for gold! :D

Overall I'm not hyped cause I don't have any character to level now, and not going to grind for mostly same items again. Will just casually collect plunder skulls while exploring, and buy new items if I won't get them myself.
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think in the positive way. At least you only need the weekend to get the new 2 masks and move on to ClockWork City full time next Monday. Me, I still need to complete the achievements on most of my alts so I may not be able to enjoy Clockwork due to that issue.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care that there is no new achievement. I wouldn't care if there was no new rewards. Would be nice if there was some kind of appropriate new quest though. Let the players who need last years do that also but provide something new for those of us that finished with last years festival and all that it brought.

Last night I did the quest that is (sort of) an introduction to Clockwork City. Not really any new locations but for me just having a new quest to go through was fun. I would like to see a new quest taking us to places maybe we haven't been to in a long time because I usually like the stories. I don't know how long it has been since I last went to where the quest I did last night took me, but it was long enough that going back was fun and interesting. New quests introducing each DLC and new quests for each festival would be nice. Don't need achievements, new areas or lots of goodies, just a new little story I can go through with my character.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seeing as I'm going to miss it this year, I'm really glad they're reusing the Memento; unless they make it BoP, all the furniture is something I can buy afterwards. Right now my big hope is that I can sneak on for fifteen minutes before I leave, so I can buy that house for my bank alt, but other than that (and the XP) I'm not missing anything.

And yeah they should have had it start on the 13th. :'(
    Wait so the polymorph associated with the xp buff is no more?

@Oakmontowls_ESO My understanding is the polymorph is still there, but it is no longer required to get the skulls dropping or the XP bonus. Which, speaking as someone who was switching between five characters last year - four of whom were identical except for their weapons - is very nice!
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hurbster wrote: »
    Didn't you just have to put on a disguise or something to get rid of the skeletal look ?

I would just eat a double big mac. Fixes that whole skinny thing rite up. :-)
    Edited by purple-magicb16_ESO on October 16, 2017 10:15PM
    Give 'er eh!
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_RyanM wrote: »
    We have removed some comments that were inappropriate for the forums. Please keep to discussing the topic and avoid resorting to personal insults.

Thank you.... :smile:
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »
    Note that you do not have to use the Witchmother's Cauldron in order to gain the XP buff.
    You do not need the XP buff or the undead polymorph active in order for them to drop.

I think it's very nice. Many people complained that they don't want to look like ugly skeleton in order to have double XP buff and receive plunder skulls.

I'm sad that we can't permanently unlock this polymorph though :/ It looks very cool...

JmluXUb.jpg

I also like new house, very good that it's also available for gold! :D

Overall I'm not hyped cause I don't have any character to level now, and not going to grind for mostly same items again. Will just casually collect plunder skulls while exploring, and buy new items if I won't get them myself.

Oh wow, that polymorph looks great.

I missed last year's festival, so I'm personally looking forward to it. Plus the new house sounds interesting
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't get the pandering to achievement hunters who didn't have the game last year. Each event should just be new, and seal off the previous years achievements.

I thought about that...

and then I thought I'm glad that ZoS is being generous and gentle with this.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • SunnyBunny
    SunnyBunny
    ✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    I'm disappointed that they cut the requirements, but I also get that there were a lot of people .... distressed ... at the requirement to dress up to "trick or treat".

I'm gonna have fun, and do my best to get the achievements so I can get the house.

'Cause Fianna wants it, and whatever Fianna wants, Mol gro Durga will do his best to get.

Mainly just wanted to say your signature thing is AMAZING and I want to know more of those stories lol
    Lone Wolf Help ~ Royal Bank of Tamriel ~ Black Market Wares

I Know I'm Lost

*Ernestina - Imperial Temp
    *Ennus - Bosmer Sorc
    *Greavy - Orc DK
    *Somniate - Ra Gada NB
    *Cilano - Imperial DK
    *Ba'Raka - Khajiit Warden
    *Bird In Hand - Argonian Templar
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other MMOs do this too. They have holiday events that range from the highly creative to the meh, then repeat them basically unchanged in subsequent years.

Trivia: From where are the dueling winter festival lyrics:

"Don we now our scant apparel, fa la etc.
    "More skin makes for better carols, fa la etc."

and

"We wish you a frigid winter, we wish you a frigid winter..."
    "We wish you a frigid winter, and a curse-ed next year..."
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    is witchmother's brew recipe coming? I may stock up on those and sell them in like 10 months lol.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still don't see why they didn't start it on the 13th. Perfect setup.

Agreed. A complete fail on their part.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runschei wrote: »
    Hell I still have an unopened box of one of the hats from last year sitting in my junk collection

i have several from various festivals along with three unopened plunder skulls from last year.

i sent them to my secondary account and forgot all about them. :)

looking forward to it this year, anyway. been on a little break, so it's a good time to come back with the double xp and a few new items to try and acquire.
  • Nogawd
    Nogawd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ookami007 wrote: »

Leave the holiday crap to the kids with WoW.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just want the title Sun's Dusk Reaper now that I have the right gear for it:

V9pRBzb.png

I would like to see a "legendary version" of Witchmother's brew. Perhaps add stamina to it or increase the stat pools...
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why people expected it to be substantially different from last year. New players need the opportunity to catch up. For older players, there's two new items to try to acquire. If that's not working for you, good for you, because a brand new DLC drops days after the Festival starts.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nogawd wrote: »

But these holidays are a part of TES lore, not just game filler like WoW.
    There are over 50 Tamrielic holidays in Elder Scrolls lore, and I love the fact that ZoS is utilizing them.
    Yes, Witches Festival lore wise should have been on the 13th, but I'm sur they have their hands full with CWC coming also.
    I send out a "Days of Our Lore" mailing to my guildies every so often to share the lore holidays and their meanings, such as:

Witches's Festival - 13th Frost Fall (13th October)
    Today is the 13th of Frost Fall, known throughout Tamriel as the Witches's Festival when the forces of sorcery and religion clash. The Mages Guild gets most of the business since weapons and items are evaluated for their mystic potential free of charge and magic spells are one half their usual price. Demonologists, conjurers, lamias, warlocks, and thaumaturgists meet in the wilderness outside city, and the creatures created or summoned there may plague Tamriel for eons. Most wise men choose not to wander this night.
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why people expected it to be substantially different from last year. New players need the opportunity to catch up. For older players, there's two new items to try to acquire. If that's not working for you, good for you, because a brand new DLC drops days after the Festival starts.

The event doesn't go away forever, and it's plenty of time to collect the old achievements... old players shouldn't be punished with a rehash because new players want instant gratification
  • Urza1234
    Urza1234
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would you rather they develop new content, or generate extraneous holiday nonsense for an event they already have spent a lot of time on?
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regardless of how small they may be, do you really want to cheat people out of a quest because they werent here for it last year? Or you saying you want a new quest on top of the old one.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Regardless of how small they may be, do you really want to cheat people out of a quest because they werent here for it last year? Or you saying you want a new quest on top of the old one.

How about a extension quest or something of a continuation? I'm all for people who missed it and the chance to get them, I will even be doing group runs with new guildies to help them with them, but adding new achievements/quests would have been nice.
    I'm not angry or mad about it. I still love ESO, just a little disappointed thats all... :smile:
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS

• ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nogawd wrote: »

Why? Seasonal events are something to look forward to for a lot of players, especially if they bring new achievements, new cosmetics, or other things people might like. No one is forcing you to participate.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

previous event achievements should not be unobtainable, old ones should remain with new ones added