The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

GvG Gatherings - PC NA - (Hosted by Animosity)

• Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    manny254 wrote: »
    I do not want to make this post, but I have given my response and it has not been respected so far.

My friends and I have no interest in participating in something that is organized by and involves people who treat others so poorly. The entire point of playing this game is to have fun, and I will not have fun socializing with people who have behaved in such a poor way.

Going into specifics, a major member of that guild was previously banned for imitating a hate group lynching a person for their race. That same person treats people horribly, and has personally treated my friends and I horribly. There is even a video of him trying to trash talk someone by calling them “Autistic” and making fun of an actual physical disability that person has. This person’s actions are beyond redemption to me at this point, and I am disappointed that this guild tolerated him and behaves similarly to him.

Furthermore the claim of “Non Toxic GvGs” is meaningless when the organizer has a channel full of videos that try to mock and shame other players. There is even a video trying to shame someone by photoshoping their picture on a video. That person may also act horrible, but I do not want to be around anyone who would try to shame someone like this. You can say all the words you want, but previous actions have showed me more than enough. If you want to actually start moving towards not being a toxic person I would suggest you start by deleting any video that shames or trash talks anyone. This is only a friendly recommendation. It would only be a start, and would not actually change anything about your toxicity.

That is my response, and I don’t plan on responding further. I hope this stance will be respected, but frankly if you can’t respect this you are not worth my time.

The first person you are talking about isn’t playing or participating in eso anymore for a long time.

As for me. Those videos that you try to bring up all have context showing the person initiating and me responding, in kind, sure but then dueling and beating the person who was talking ***.
    A lot of if not most of those videos were unlisted and haven’t been in production for many months now.
    And out of the 300+ videos I do have only 40 relate to the content that you mentioned. So the next time you so much as say anything somewhat rude or toxic to anyone let’s just have that mar your entire persona.

You have never given me, the person organizing these gvg’s, any response or answer despite me attempting to ask you via multiple avenues. Acting as if you had given a response and it wasn’t being respected is wholly incorrect. You only told 3rd parties who would relay partial information to me. I have no issue with getting into discord with any person who is taking your current stance and talking about the problems.

I have no qualms with you and I am pushing to create this. Instead of neglecting it you could take part and shape the eventual result.

Animosity is just looking to create good fights and ressurect gvg battles. And yes there is a zero toxicity policy and it is in place for all of us as well. Ask any of the 60 people in that discord. It is not tolerated and we are advocating for healthy fights. You can choose to be stubborn but times have changed and we are pushing for a healthy competitive scene. Make any excuse you want.

Your choice is yours,

Irylia

Ps: we play for fun

Edited by Irylia on November 21, 2017 8:40PM
    Options
  • donJay
    donJay
    ✭✭✭
    @caeliusstarbreaker @manny254 but I love you guys <3 That toxic behavior you quote is *** and some of it is unforgivable, but come pvp vs the rest of us. We have always been cool ☺️.....

Well, I know Mojicans mind is set but I still respect our few cyro encounters regardless. Maybe Rhage will come through. Can't say I didn't try.
    Edited by donJay on November 21, 2017 8:53PM
    ANIMOSITY BEST GUILD NA + EU
    Former Los Pepes
    Former Nemesìs
    Former Dynamic
    Former Nexus

EP | Magplar l Argonian l don-Jay
    DC | Magden | High Elf | don-Bae

Magden Solo PvP Vid
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @caeliusstarbreaker @manny254

Let me start by saying I don't know Irylia. I don't think we've ever had a private conversation. I'm not involved in the management of the GVG channel. I'm just someone who has wanted to see a GVG scene emerge for years.

I think you make a lot of good points that seem based on fact and I understand where you're coming from.

However, there has been a leadership vacuum on PC/NA for years with no apparent competitive GVG scene. I respect Irylia and his friends for stepping up to provide that, regardless of what has happened in the past. IMO, he and his friends are trying hard to make this work.

I can tell you that Animosity was very respectful and accommodating to my team in our match. The GVG channel itself has been moderated and the focus is on setting up scrimmages and matches.

I think that if a scene is to emerge, there will have to be more than one guild spearheading it. That's why it's essential for guilds like Adamant and K-Hole to be involved to contribute leadership.

But what we have with the GVG channel is a start with a lot of notable guilds and groups represented. It's a bona fide opportunity to build a proper competitive environment with the potential for tournaments and perhaps even league play at some point.

Right now it's just about fun and getting everyone used to the basic concepts of match play. It's pretty relaxed for the most part. I think most groups are willing to be very flexible to make a match or scrim happen.

I hope your teams will reconsider and give this a chance. There is so much untapped potential for amazing fights and tournaments that would be way better than the PVP we have today.

It would truly suck for the best PC/NA guilds to have come and gone without this ever happening.

Edited by zyk on November 22, 2017 2:48PM
    Options
  • Nihilos
    Nihilos
    ✭✭✭
    manny254 wrote: »
    I do not want to make this post, but I have given my response and it has not been respected so far.

My friends and I have no interest in participating in something that is organized by and involves people who treat others so poorly. The entire point of playing this game is to have fun, and I will not have fun socializing with people who have behaved in such a poor way.

Going into specifics, a major member of that guild was previously banned for imitating a hate group lynching a person for their race. That same person treats people horribly, and has personally treated my friends and I horribly. There is even a video of him trying to trash talk someone by calling them “Autistic” and making fun of an actual physical disability that person has. This person’s actions are beyond redemption to me at this point, and I am disappointed that this guild tolerated him and behaves similarly to him.

Furthermore the claim of “Non Toxic GvGs” is meaningless when the organizer has a channel full of videos that try to mock and shame other players. There is even a video trying to shame someone by photoshoping their picture on a video. That person may also act horrible, but I do not want to be around anyone who would try to shame someone like this. You can say all the words you want, but previous actions have showed me more than enough. If you want to actually start moving towards not being a toxic person I would suggest you start by deleting any video that shames or trash talks anyone. This is only a friendly recommendation. It would only be a start, and would not actually change anything about your toxicity.

That is my response, and I don’t plan on responding further. I hope this stance will be respected, but frankly if you can’t respect this you are not worth my time.

Basically this. I logged into rawl the other day to hear via third party of above mentioned member continuing to proliferate nonsense. I will not be in attendance, nor will I ask any of my friends to be a part. However, I will say that the other members of the guild that I have associated with have been nothing but cordial, some of which I have called or call friend(ly), so I wish you luck on your gathering and attempt to correct perceived or merited notions of you and your guild, as well as good luck to any contenders.

As always see you in Cyrodiil,
    Rhage

ESO is not a competitive game and my own interest in events such as these has been nonexistent for some time now. My interest, and the interest of most of my members, lies with open world small and large scale fights, and also currently with PvE. I would rather organize a group to do vHoF or something than I would for an event like this. I do not see myself and my friends having fun.

Mischievous will not be participating at this time.
    Edited by Nihilos on November 22, 2017 7:06PM
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get kind of tired seeing this in the world: "I respect someone that does deplorable things because they are doing something else I am interested in."
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    I get kind of tired seeing this in the world: "I respect someone that does deplorable things because they are doing something else I am interested in."

We aren't asking for respect we are asking for participation in creating something potentially great.
    List those deplorable things.
    Options
  • Inig0
    Inig0
    ✭✭✭✭
    All im seeing here are a bunch of frail egos being hurt. People can either choose to participate or choose not to participate; trying to drag anyones name in the dirt in the process is just as toxic as the accusations being made.

The mere fact that anyone is trying to organize anything pvp related in this game should be enough for you to put your insane, completely irrelevant, and 100% bias opinions aside.
    What has pvp been for you? 1vx, small scale, or zerging in groups of 10, 12 16 whatever +. Someone is trying to put together another way to play pvp and youre arguing about some vids from like a year ago?

In the same way when you go to work and put your *** feelings and problems aside ANIMOSITY does that with their toxicity in these events. Their sole purpose is to create a new and fun way to spend your pvp nights if you so choose. Stop grasping onto to *** excuses why you think it wont work because you don't like the people putting it together. If they are even a little but toxic then there you have it you were right. I can assure you though Iyrlia is a mature adult and has the capacity to put his differences aside to try to accomplish something.

If you like this sort of thing give it a shot
    if you dont, then dont.

Just please dont abstain because you have had your feelings hurt at one point on the internet.
    GM: Mechanically Challenged
    In game - @Inig0
    Sorc - Inigo- Beautiful Chocolate Man
    NB - Raphiki - Beautiful Chocolate Man
    Temp - Ineegø - ınıgo
    DK - Inigø - Alfeus - Down for Maintenance
    Warden - Help I Made a Warden
    PC NA
    Youtube Stuffs
    Only the best memes die twice
    Options
  • NobleGuardian
    NobleGuardian
    ✭✭✭
    If you are into this type of thing i see no reason to not do it. Youve seen the videos posted my Lyn and i didnt see any toxic stuff going on i didnt see any *** talking or anything like that and ive talked to the people who where involved with the couple GvGs that have happened and they said that it was a blast and they would for sure do it again. Why knock it before you try it. Why sit on the forums and try to convince other people to not do these types of things. in a dying PvP community why try to shut down the one person/ group of people who are trying to do something different. that gives PvP something new to do. im sure people are tried of BGs and tried of storming the keep and ZvZing, that kind of stuff gets old. i can see these fights being alot of fun and a good way to keep the community together. if people can keep all the toxic and hate out of these fights i can see these being an insane amount of fun. so as inigo said if youre into this stuff do it give it a try if your not dont sit here and try to convince the rest of the community to not do it.
    Options
  • donJay
    donJay
    ✭✭✭
    Inig0 wrote: »
    All im seeing here are a bunch of frail egos being hurt. People can either choose to participate or choose not to participate; trying to drag anyones name in the dirt in the process is just as toxic as the accusations being made.

The mere fact that anyone is trying to organize anything pvp related in this game should be enough for you to put your insane, completely irrelevant, and 100% bias opinions aside.
    What has pvp been for you? 1vx, small scale, or zerging in groups of 10, 12 16 whatever +. Someone is trying to put together another way to play pvp and youre arguing about some vids from like a year ago?

In the same way when you go to work and put your *** feelings and problems aside ANIMOSITY does that with their toxicity in these events. Their sole purpose is to create a new and fun way to spend your pvp nights if you so choose. Stop grasping onto to *** excuses why you think it wont work because you don't like the people putting it together. If they are even a little but toxic then there you have it you were right. I can assure you though Iyrlia is a mature adult and has the capacity to put his differences aside to try to accomplish something.

If you like this sort of thing give it a shot
    if you dont, then dont.

Just please dont abstain because you have had your feelings hurt at one point on the internet.

Amen
    Former Los Pepes
    Former Nemesìs
    Former Dynamic
    Former Nexus

Magden Solo PvP Vid
    Options
  • Huggelz
    Huggelz
    ✭✭✭
    This is a message from Dubzug on the whole scenario. “Look, I know I did wrong and have admitted to it and learned from it. Dont let my own past be your excuse to not challenge yourselves in game. It seems like you guys are throwing my name non-stop as a scape goat to prevent playing and building a community that we dont have. If it helps, I have quit ESO because of how ragey Ive been getting from it and decided to drop it all together. Stop using me as an excuse not to pvp againts good players. Have fun!” -Dubzug

To touch on it further, people pretend that animosity are the only one's with skeletons in their closets. Everyone who commented on this thread I can guarantee has displayed toxic behaviour akin to the behaviour you say animosity displays, and then claim it is because of that behaviour you won't participate.Everyone has a past, the only difference is that they are open about their past while you all try to hide it. If you have an issue with them and don't want it resolved that's fine, just simply stay out of it and don't try to stomp on the hard work Irylia has put it in trying to make a non-toxic GvG community that can cater to any group size. Also don't stand here and say that GvGs will be toxic if you never once participated in them or are even in the discord, I've been in the discord since it started and not once seen an ounce of toxicity coming from anyone in animosity, they have tried their best to and succeeded at remaining neutral and act as mediators of situations.

Marcel
    Marcel
    Marcel Rigmond DC Nightblade - Flawless Conqueror
    Full Metal Carebears
    Nemesis (RIP)
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

Recently we've removed quite a few posts for some heated back and forth, keep in mind that baiting, flaming, naming and shaming are all against the Forum Rules. For further discussion on the matter please be sure to stay civil with one another and constructive towards the topic. Leave the fighting in Tamriel, with blades and magic, fighting here will only lead to action on one's own account.

Thank you for understanding.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • donJay
    donJay
    ✭✭✭
    Hello everyone,

Recently we've removed quite a few posts for some heated back and forth, keep in mind that baiting, flaming, naming and shaming are all against the Forum Rules. For further discussion on the matter please be sure to stay civil with one another and constructive towards the topic. Leave the fighting in Tamriel, with blades and magic, fighting here will only lead to action on one's own account.

Thank you for understanding.

"Leave the fighting in Tamriel" couldn't agree more! Ty
    Former Los Pepes
    Former Nemesìs
    Former Dynamic
    Former Nexus

Magden Solo PvP Vid
    Options
  • Nihilos
    Nihilos
    ✭✭✭
    Huggelz wrote: »
    This is a message from Dubzug on the whole scenario. “Look, I know I did wrong and have admitted to it and learned from it. Dont let my own past be your excuse to not challenge yourselves in game. It seems like you guys are throwing my name non-stop as a scape goat to prevent playing and building a community that we dont have. If it helps, I have quit ESO because of how ragey Ive been getting from it and decided to drop it all together. Stop using me as an excuse not to pvp againts good players. Have fun!” -Dubzug

To touch on it further, people pretend that animosity are the only one's with skeletons in their closets. Everyone who commented on this thread I can guarantee has displayed toxic behaviour akin to the behaviour you say animosity displays, and then claim it is because of that behaviour you won't participate.Everyone has a past, the only difference is that they are open about their past while you all try to hide it. If you have an issue with them and don't want it resolved that's fine, just simply stay out of it and don't try to stomp on the hard work Irylia has put it in trying to make a non-toxic GvG community that can cater to any group size. Also don't stand here and say that GvGs will be toxic if you never once participated in them or are even in the discord, I've been in the discord since it started and not once seen an ounce of toxicity coming from anyone in animosity, they have tried their best to and succeeded at remaining neutral and act as mediators of situations.

Marcel

Stop being toxic Marcel JESUS
    Options
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When is the GvG anyways?
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
    Options
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mickydanz wrote: »
    I would also love to see Children of Hircine run a GvG werewolf group @Telel

Telel would of course love to show off their lack of skill by getting slaughtered in an organized gather. Perhaps it would even someguilt trip some supposedly good players into coming over to the side that needs the help.

However the schedule they and the pups keeps is somewhat chaotic.

It seems that while Hircine blesses us with shiny coats, impecable humility, and well honed hugging muscles he does not seem to think that organizational skills, and calendars are things.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
    Options
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When is the GvG anyways?

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe it is more of an on going thing not a set tournament.
    Edited by Vilestride on November 23, 2017 8:02AM
    Options
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Rickter Tagging you as you've shown willingness and interest in doing these kinds of fights with our group when we were on EP.
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
    Options
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Telel wrote: »
    Mickydanz wrote: »
    I would also love to see Children of Hircine run a GvG werewolf group @Telel

Telel would of course love to show off their lack of skill by getting slaughtered in an organized gather. Perhaps it would even someguilt trip some supposedly good players into coming over to the side that needs the help.

However the schedule they and the pups keeps is somewhat chaotic.

It seems that while Hircine blesses us with shiny coats, impecable humility, and well honed hugging muscles he does not seem to think that organizational skills, and calendars are things.

Hey Telel,

I will send you the discord link and as of now the gvg fights are set up between guilds and a date is set, whether that's the day of or a week or so out. No pressure with planning and you can do any number of players based on what you have available. 2-12 or even more if you have an opponent that is interested in that. I know PoD likes 16
    Options
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When is the GvG anyways?

I will provide you with a disc link and you can just dip in and scope it out for a while if you like.
    The fights are relaxed and can be set up between the two guilds during a time that they can both agree upon and meet at. Anywhere between 2-12 players if not more.
    Rules, # players and time is all decided between the two teams and I'll be available to help fights along and match groups together.
    Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks @Lord_Hev yes!! definitely would be interested in this sort of thing. it was brought up the day before yesterday that GvG dueling has a definite interest - please sign me up!! (i wont be in game until after the holiday so apologies for the late response)

@Irylia my in game @ name is "RickterESO"
    Edited by Rickter on November 23, 2017 1:07PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

Options
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    thanks @Lord_Hev yes!! definitely would be interested in this sort of thing. it was brought up the day before yesterday that GvG dueling has a definite interest - please sign me up!! (i wont be in game until after the holiday so apologies for the late response)

@Irylia my in game @ name is "RickterESO"

Thank you Rickter. I'll send you a link. Spread the word and entice other guilds.
    Options
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We now have near 100 people in the discord and have had a few successful fights per week.
    Options