The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Domihaus Last boss. Lag spikes and frozen screen.

• Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was a fun boss fight. Takes a little coordination but nothing too crazy, though we didn't do the hardmode.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who said we were only trying to melt the boss? Lol damn some of you guys can't even read. THE LAG! is an issue when you can't revive someone because it's glitches out, or your screen is frozen in the middle of battle. The text size doe the warning on the boss ultimate
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf lag, not Domihaus.
  • xRIVALENx
    xRIVALENx
    ✭✭✭
    regime211 wrote: »
    Who said we were only trying to melt the boss? Lol damn some of you guys can't even read.

If the boss is spawning more and more atros and they are piling up then the boss is being killed too fast and the mechanics are stacking. I personally have no input on the other issues you may be having with the dungeon. That in no way means that I cannot read :)
    Edited by xRIVALENx on August 30, 2017 3:44PM
  • SASQUATCH0
    SASQUATCH0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not gonna lie it was laggy AF running it last night, but that didn't stop us from completing it. L2p lulz
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    Lag is one thing, yes it needs to be addressed

Calling for nerfs because you aren't good enough though? Maybe keep learning it instead.

Man please, you aren't good. Have you seen me play? No so don't assune!

I don't need to see you play. You're the one in here whining about it and nerfs because you can't complete it.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Who said we were only trying to melt the boss? Lol damn some of you guys can't even read. THE LAG! is an issue when you can't revive someone because it's glitches out, or your screen is frozen in the middle of battle. The text size doe the warning on the boss ultimate

Why tf would you call for a nerf if lag was the real issue?
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »

Gee maybe because the excessive spawning and ape damage being put out by the boss is causing lag, you're seriously an idiot.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Calling for nerfs because you aren't good enough though? Maybe keep learning it instead.

I don't need to see you play. You're the one in here whining about it and nerfs because you can't complete it.

Then get the hell off the post. If you have nothing positive to say, why even waste your breath.
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No nerfs please.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My screen shouldn't be frozen in the middle of battle period.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »

Gee maybe because the excessive spawning and ape damage being put out by the boss is causing lag, you're seriously an idiot.

Then maybe kill the adds? It shouldn't take long for someone that belongs to "the best guild on ps4 console". I mean me and my guild are just mediocre and we melted the adds with in about 10 seconds of them spawning.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then get the hell off the post. If you have nothing positive to say, why even waste your breath.

I am here because the fight does not need nerfs.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • paul_j
    paul_j
    ✭✭✭
    Fight doesn't need nerf. Completed it last night as well. I don't recognize any of your names on PS4 from leaderboards though...
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    paul_j wrote: »
    Fight doesn't need nerf. Completed it last night as well. I don't recognize any of your names on PS4 from leaderboards though...

Well you should look harder then, the OP is in the best guild on PS4. :trollface:
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• SASQUATCH0
    SASQUATCH0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol at this thread.

"I lag in vMoL rahkaat needs a nerf"
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SASQUATCH0 wrote: »
    Lol at this thread.

"I lag in vMoL rahkaat needs a nerf"

At this point I just accept the lag/freezing/disconnects as part of the mechanics.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• shack80
    shack80
    ✭✭✭
    Did it today with mates, had some lag but no big issues on xbox1. Got the no death, speed run and hardmore, not all at the same, but still got those. Had to grind a little bit for the ND but only boss causing troubles was the third one.

I cant say that lag was so bad that it would make it unplayable not on xbox1.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shack80 wrote: »
    Did it today with mates, had some lag but no big issues on xbox1. Got the no death, speed run and hardmore, not all at the same, but still got those. Had to grind a little bit for the ND but only boss causing troubles was the third one.

Been watching a streamer do this on PS4 all day, multiple runs, no big lag issues

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • ZOS_Jay
    ZOS_Jay
    ✭✭
    Hey all!

I'm tagging a few people below who a brought up concerns with performance issues.

@regime211 @Sigtric @Mureel @SelfTherapy @Vaoh @SASQUATCH0

If you could clarify some information for us, it would be appreciated
    • What platform are you playing on?
    • What encounters are you experiencing these issues on?
    • Are you getting Latency, or Framerate issues?

As always, additional information would be helpful. Thanks!
    Dungeon Designer
    Staff Post
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Jay wrote: »
    Hey all!

I'm tagging a few people below who a brought up concerns with performance issues.

PC/NA
    Domihaus fight has some frame drops occasionally but nothing that makes it impossible

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all!

PC/NA
    Domihaus fight has some frame drops occasionally but nothing that makes it impossible

You meant to quote someone else perhaps? I know it can be cleared by most proper peeps.

I only agreed that it has mass frame drops. Not some, but for us, massive.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No @Mureel I meant to quote Zos_Jay, I believe it tagged you as well because you were tagged in what I quoted.

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No @Mureel I meant to quote Zos_Jay, I believe it tagged you as well because you were tagged in what I quoted.

Kk thanks :-) I was just making sure.

For the record though, yes the boss can be cleared if people do their jobs and don't die to stupid, but yes, there's definitely frame rate issues like nowhere else, in that one room.

That said; if you're where you should be, doing what you should, getting adds down and not over dps the boss (especially that last bit 30% downward) so that he's not stacking mechanics, then you'll be fine.
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all!

PS4 NA.
    Throughout this dungeon.
    Lag, freeze, stuffs killed died 1-2 seconds later etc.
    Pc na
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This dungeon does require you to be exceptionally situationally aware, especially regarding what's under your feet. Nimble > heavy hitting, any day in this one.

With that being said, you(r group) control(s) the pace of this fight via DPS, specifically, via boss health percentages.

You can speed up (to an extent) or slow down the pace as necessary to build ult, health, positioning, avoid mechanics, etc, as needed.

Regarding the blocking (by the adds), it's better to be in place behind a pillar before hand - you can always DPS from there and the adds will generally follow, even if untaunted.

Pillar = priority during shouts. If the adds are still blocking, you can roll dodge through them.

Problen is I tell the group to fight between the pillars, because last time I tried fighting behind the stone golem will charge at you and knock you down when the boss summons the ring of fire. Or the add can one shot you. But I don't experience any frozen screens and or lag spikes until I reach the final boss. People will DC numerous times right in the middle of battle. And me being frozen twice already on the last boss in the middle of battle.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf lag, not Domihaus.
    Hey all!

PS4 NA - I use a PS4 Pro

Regarding Horns of the Reach dungeon performance, It seems like issues were mainly latency-based from my experience. Frames may have dropped a bit but I wasn't really noticing it too much. Falkreath Hold and Bloodroot Forge are a bit laggy all throughout, which is an issue I don't experience in any other dungeon. Some ppl I've run with have entered those load screens that never end. Domihaus in particular can be a bit laggy and I think a certain animation has an issue there somewhere. Not totally sure yet. For the most part I think the performance issues here will solve themselves once the new dungeon hype calms down.

With the exception of a possible issue with Domihaus, I would chalk up the performance issues to simply having a ton of people trying to run these dungeons at the same time since they're new.

Regarding performance throughout ESO, I have witnessed in HotR a dramatic improvement due to the hiding of certain ability effects from view (please make a toggle if possible)! It is amazing for trials. However, a strange issue causes performance to overtime become worse and worse in all trials (especially vMoL/vHoF) if the instance is open for too long. This is FPS-based. So, even though HotR greatly improved performance, many of these gains mysteriously disappear overtime if in a trial for too long.

Hope that helped! Lmk if you want me to provide any further details.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have been in the fight a couple times and have not experienced any lag nor freezes. When I was in there today I asked the group if they had experienced any because I had seen this thread and none had.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Jay
    What platform are you playing on? PC EU
    What encounters are you experiencing these issues on? Last Boss V FH, and bunch in Wrothgar but just generally here and there and not so low.
    Are you getting Latency, or Framerate issues? Frame rate only - drops to like 7, 10 etc i usually have 45-70. My ping is always just over/under 100ish and when I've had a latency spike, it was usually elsewhere and due to my kids hogging the broadband!
    Edited by Mureel on August 31, 2017 9:00AM
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shack80 wrote: »

Been watching a streamer do this on PS4 all day, multiple runs, no big lag issues

Just because you watched 1 person stream, and not have lag issues doesn't mean everyone else isnt.