The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Domihaus Last boss. Lag spikes and frozen screen.

regime211
regime211
✭✭✭✭✭
This dungeon needs to be fixed. on the last boss, we constantly keep getting extra lag. The boss spawns more and more mobs. The room is way to damn small to have all the aoe damage, plus with the mobs all together. I honestly don't know why you guys would think that was a good idea. My screen had froze and people could still hear me in chat. I had to close the app and relog in. Also some of the mobs hit way harder than the actually bosses. Also the text warning for when the boss shouts is covered by way to much aoe damage and the text only displays for about 3 seconds and disappears..i mean seriously why the hell did you guys even add all of that nonsense?
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    regime211 wrote: »
    This dungeon needs to be fixed the last boss, we constantly keep getting extra lag. The boss spawns more and more mobs. The room is way to damn small to have all the ape damage, plus the mobs all together. I honestly don't know why you guys would think that was a good idea. My screen had froze and people could still hear me in chat. I had to close the app and relog in. Also some of the mobs hit way harder than the actually bosses.

its the latest flavor of boss mechanics they could come up with, they really have no idea what theyre doing.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This dungeon is ridiculous, the lag is unreal.
  • SelfTherapy
    SelfTherapy
    ✭✭✭
    I was just doing it on vet and the mobs were blocking us from getting behind pillars so we kept wiping. We all just gave up from two hours of trying. Idk how people can do this in 20 minutes..
    Edited by SelfTherapy on August 30, 2017 3:24AM
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's the same thing that is happening to us, adds are blocking us in. Or too many spawn and we can't even see text alerts on the boss ultimate. Or we start lagging and we end up wiping.
  • shack80
    shack80
    ✭✭✭
    On which platform are u having issues, as I've watched a few videos from pc and the guys have runned it smoothly.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adds won't block you if you kill them fast. if you can't kill them fast (they die easily from AoEs) well, that's a dps issue, not dungeon mechanics itself. This dungeon is easy and hard mode is a joke, no need to nerf anything. We were doing it as tank and 3 dds, without any deaths. Just stack and burn.

About the lag, I've never experienced it in any of these new dungeons so far, but I assume it may be a big problem and should be fixed asap.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Astrid_V oh please you come in here saying how easy it was for you, which I find that hard to believe. And adds will block you. The dungeon needs to be nerfed Period!
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Astrid_V i find it hard to believe you just blew through this dungeon.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is on ps4 @shack80
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

As I already said above, adds won't block you if they're killed asap, cause boss will spawn them more and more the fight goes, this is why good dps (and survivability) is important there . All of current DLC dungeons have been nerfed in last update(IC, SotH), dungeons from HotR are also not difficult when you wll learn its mechanics. This game doesn't need any more nerfs.

Took me 1 day to get "Falkreath Hold Challenger" achievement, so looks like it is doable and doesn't need nerfs. On youtube you can find plenty of guides how to beat all the bosses there :)

jEjYBVf.jpg
  • shack80
    shack80
    ✭✭✭
    This is on ps4 @shack80

Something I tought so. I'm on xbox1 and still havent done the dungeon. Now I'm eagerly waiting to see what happens.
    Thank u for your reply @regime211
  • shack80
    shack80
    ✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »

As I already said above, adds won't block you if they're killed asap, cause boss will spawn them more and more the fight goes, this is why good dps (and survivability) is important there . All of current DLC dungeons have been nerfed in last update(IC, SotH), dungeons from HotR are also not difficult when you wll learn its mechanics. This game doesn't need any more nerfs.

Took me 1 day to get "Falkreath Hold Challenger" achievement, so looks like it is doable and doesn't need nerfs. On youtube you can find plenty of guides how to beat all the bosses there :)

jEjYBVf.jpg

We need to seperate nerf and fix. I think if lag is the issues then it needs to be fixed. I agree with you that there is no need to nerf the boss because it doesn's seem that hard on videos. Altough I havent tried it yet so will post my comments when we've done it with guildmates.

And btw, do you PC players even know what lag is :smile: Come and try some vet trial on xbox and you'll see, man that is sometime terrible. Havent yet seen how the new fix on friendly aoe's work but hopefully that will help us even a bit.
    Edited by shack80 on August 30, 2017 5:34AM
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Astrid_V you're a PC player..which is way diffent on ps4. Pc is much better.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    shack80 wrote: »
    And btw, do you PC players even know what lag is :smile: Come and try some vet trial on xbox and you'll see, man that is sometime terrible. Havent yet seen how the new fix on friendly aoe's work but hopefully that will help us even a bit.

@shack80 Oh please, I know what lag in trial is :D And it's getting worse with every update 0_o Last time I went to vHRC (after HotR update of course) I got disconnect immediately after encountering first group of adds, then I had lag and freezes on every boss, from the beggining to the end of the trial, in some moments I needed to stop dps and just stay in one spot with block waiting for the game to unfreeze... :cry: (and no, I don't have weak PC)

I thought when HotR will come, finally I won't see 5 destro ultis launched at once and the performance will improve. Well, stupid me. Nothing changed for better, no matter if I see other's ground abilities or no. This is problem with game engine and servers made from potatoes. Disabling visual effect won't help.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just doing it on vet and the mobs were blocking us from getting behind pillars so we kept wiping. We all just gave up from two hours of trying. Idk how people can do this in 20 minutes..

I think the difficulty is ok but the speedrun-achievements are ridiculous. Unless you skip every single non-boss add the speedruns on the new dungeons (Especially Bloodroot) are close to impossible to get. Note that Falkreath Hold takes much shorter time to complete than Bloodroot (in my experience). I would like to see a small nerf to the speedrun achievements. You shouldn´t have to skip adds in order to even have the tiniest chance to get a speedrun.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

Note that Falkreath Hold takes much shorter time to complete than Bloodroot (in my experience).

Agree. In Bloodroot Forge there are a lot of more mobs between bosses than in Falkreath Hold, also distance between each of the bosses in Bloodroot is bigger + jumping on these small rocks surrounded by lava also takes some time, when in Falkreath you can just simply sprint all the way :D I think speed run achievement for Bloodroot should be extended to 25-30 minutes, or just remove some of the adds there.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lag is one thing, yes it needs to be addressed

Calling for nerfs because you aren't good enough though? Maybe keep learning it instead.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Trouble13691
    Trouble13691
    ✭✭
    We just got this DLC today on console and a whole bunch of my guildies within 2 hours of getting online had both new dungeons Hard modes completed.

Calling for a nerf because you're dps is lacking is ridiculous. White gold tower, Imperial City Prison and City of Ash all just got nerfed because of people like this and they were already easy as hell!

I understand there are different levels of players but that is what the difference between Normal and Veteran are supposed to be and then hard mode for the people wanting even more challenge. If you can't beat something go learn it on normal and get it down then try veteran again. Don't just complain because you couldn't beat it the first day it came out.

If its truly lag and not your performance then rest assured they will fix it.

Further advice see alcasthq.com for builds and rotations and lift that dps up :) P.S his site even has a guide for Bloodroot. enjoy -.-
    Edited by Trouble13691 on August 30, 2017 7:29AM
  • Ling
    Ling
    ✭✭✭

jEjYBVf.jpg

u just got the no death run because there was a bug, everyone have it, who did in in the first week :D

not needed to show up here with the no death achievement ...
    Lìng ~ Ebonheart-Pact
    Achievement points: 33290
    Alliance rank: Grand Overlord (50)(since 2016)
    Soloplayer
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    Lag is one thing, yes it needs to be addressed

Calling for nerfs because you aren't good enough though? Maybe keep learning it instead.

Man please, you aren't good. Have you seen me play? No so don't assune!
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once again leave your " We passed it, maybe you aren't good" I stated we continue to experience lag spikes, my screen froze up in the middle of battle, people like you guys are the reason things don't get fixed. I posted this forum to state the issue I and countless others had. We have the best guild on ps4 console.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It is absolutely TRUE that frames drop like mad, and if the DPS don't handle the adds you will get knocked from behind the pillar or worse, into it and there you're stuck but it's absolutely 'do able' our second try in there on Vet (and we went straight to HM) we got the boss to 2 and 5%, I had to go because kids, but they got a rando healer from the finder and finished in 2 more ties. These aren't the best DPS even or Tank - and yet...

The best thing to do, is always group the adds near a pillar and cycle around the room and don't walk over each other on the crystals phase. It's really not a DPS race other than handle the adds.

Shouts are at 70%, 60, 50, 40, 30 and then 10%. You need to get behind the pillar shortly before the shout because it won't mark you there if you get in by a hair.

It does do weird things and sometimes double mechanics etc., but idk if that's a dps too fast thing or a bug.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by regime211 on August 30, 2017 2:04PM
  • xRIVALENx
    xRIVALENx
    ✭✭✭
    Stop trying to melt the boss and you will be fine, just slow down the dps a notch so you don't stack mechanics.
  • SelfTherapy
    SelfTherapy
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, it's constant lag, not just for me but for everyone in my group that was doing it, we would kill the mobs and for some reason the body will still be standing there next to a pillar so you couldn't do anything. I'm on XB and this is ridiculous, I don't even know why I'm trying the skin is hideous.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by regime211 on August 30, 2017 2:41PM
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Qbiken wrote: »

Note that Falkreath Hold takes much shorter time to complete than Bloodroot (in my experience).

Agree. In Bloodroot Forge there are a lot of more mobs between bosses than in Falkreath Hold, also distance between each of the bosses in Bloodroot is bigger + jumping on these small rocks surrounded by lava also takes some time, when in Falkreath you can just simply sprint all the way :D I think speed run achievement for Bloodroot should be extended to 25-30 minutes, or just remove some of the adds there.

so explain this, why is this the 2nd time that i have experienced a complete frozen screen??

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3WcMbJWL_sTWVJzd1FUQXpsRUk
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This dungeon does require you to be exceptionally situationally aware, especially regarding what's under your feet. Nimble > heavy hitting, any day in this one.

With that being said, you(r group) control(s) the pace of this fight via DPS, specifically, via boss health percentages.

You can speed up (to an extent) or slow down the pace as necessary to build ult, health, positioning, avoid mechanics, etc, as needed.

Regarding the blocking (by the adds), it's better to be in place behind a pillar before hand - you can always DPS from there and the adds will generally follow, even if untaunted.

Pillar = priority during shouts. If the adds are still blocking, you can roll dodge through them.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This dungeon does require you to be exceptionally situationally aware, especially regarding what's under your feet. Nimble > heavy hitting, any day in this one.

With that being said, you(r group) control(s) the pace of this fight via DPS, specifically, via boss health percentages.

You can speed up (to an extent) or slow down the pace as necessary to build ult, health, positioning, avoid mechanics, etc, as needed.

Regarding the blocking (by the adds), it's better to be in place behind a pillar before hand - you can always DPS from there and the adds will generally follow, even if untaunted.

Pillar = priority during shouts. If the adds are still blocking, you can roll dodge through them.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who said we were only trying to melt the boss? Lol damn some of you guys can't even read.