The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

A question about Guild Dailies

Glockcoma725
Glockcoma725
✭✭✭
Just a quick question for you guys about the Daily guild quests. A few days ago I started doing the daily Fighters and Undaunted guild quests. Each day since they have been the same, Daily Dolmens in Stonefalls for FG, and placing wards in the Corpse Garden for UG. I had presumed this had to do with my Guild Level, but I have level'd my FG quite a bit since, and am still gettig the same. Are they location based? I'm picking up the quests in Deshaan, if I get them from somewhere else will they send me somewhere different? Or do I just need to continue the grind?

Thanks in advance!
PC-NA CP570 @Glockcoma725
Maximus Dezimus Meridius Tank DragonKight
Ri'Skarr DD Nightblade
Myrddin Emrys DD Sorceror
Smokes-All-Herbs Healer Templar
Azog the Defiler DD Warden
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They used to be different all the time. I levelled up a new character and they were always the same.

I just assumed it's a bug to be honest.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not done these in a while. But they used to be different. That being said the delve ones did not have a large selection in the pool. But the Mage and Fighters should have 15 zones to choose from.
    Edited by Nestor on August 29, 2017 3:37PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't do dailies for those to be honest. Fighter's and Mage's guild level is really easy to max even without doing the dailies. Heck I don't even do the story quests, although they are worth doing at least the first time just for the story. Undaunted dailies are worth doing if you want to get the undaunted passives as soon as possible.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should change daily, especially if you completed the previous one rather than abandon. They are randomly generated by player, and the options have nothing to do with your levels...anyone can pick up any of their possible quests.

It must be a bug...your RNG is jammed. My first though on how to clear it would be to get a friend to pick up these then share the quests when grouped. Maybe this would encourage the system to generate alternative...but it's a stab in the dark.
  • VoodooPlatypus
    VoodooPlatypus
    ✭✭✭✭
    For a long time I used to do these dailies every day on three characters - one character from each faction. The pattern I quickly noticed was that the quests from both guilds were in a set rotation. If Character 1 got Mage Quest 1 and Fighter Quest 1, then Character 2 would get those same assignments the next day, and of course Character 3 got them the day after that. It was a very predictable routine. It was consistently like this for many months.

Then something changed, however, and the pattern is no longer in place.

My newest character, a StamSorc I just leveled up to 50, has had the same dolmen zones for her fighters guild daily for the past week or so. Same for mages guild - she keeps being sent back to Sanguine's Demesne. Every. Single. Day.

It's probably just an unintended bug introduced with some recent patch, but if it goes unreported then there is very little chance they'll patch it. How can they provide grease if no wheels are squeaking?

Report it as a bug. If others do the same (including me), maybe they'll put it on the To Do list of minor fixes and whatnot.
  • Glockcoma725
    Glockcoma725
    ✭✭✭
    I'll report it when I get home tonight then as well. As far as last night goes, the fighters guild daily once again sent me to Stonefalls, however my Undanted daily quest was actually a different delve. so that was exciting.
    Ri'Skarr DD Nightblade
  • Jekerl
    Jekerl
    mod
    I'm guessing you're a low level character. We try not to force you to go to other alliances or zones early on. As you acquire more levels we expand the number of zones and alliances you go to.

Hope this helps! If not let me know and we'll take a look.
    Jeremy Sera
    Lead Content Designer
    Staff Post
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This opens up as you gain more levels.

I don't know the exact criteria, but same thing happens to me when I start doing them early on on my characters.

In my case, they are usually always in Stormhaven after I travel to a guildmate in Wayrest and keep repating until I actually hit 50 or actually travel and unlock other regions.

I actually appreciate this a lot. It is a pain to try and travel all over the place with new characters just to do one quick quest. Sometimes not even 5 guilds with 500 members will allow you to reach the closest Wayshire to the quest.
  • EttinTheBreton
    EttinTheBreton
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't know there are daily Fighter's guild quests. On my main character I have completed the quest-line for the Fighter's guild (and my Fighter's guild skill line is already max at level 10), but who do I have to talk to for the daily Fighter's guild quest? That's a neat idea if they direct you to take down a dolmen in a specific zone.

@Glockcoma725 could you confirm @Jekerl 's suspicions? I doubt you are a low level since you are able to get the daily undaunted delve quest. Wouldn't you have to be at least level 45 to get the quest from the Undaunted camp that is sending you to Corpse Garden?
    I stream ESO sometimes! Check my channel for this week's schedule: twitch.tv/EttinTheBreton
  • Glockcoma725
    Glockcoma725
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't know there are daily Fighter's guild quests. On my main character I have completed the quest-line for the Fighter's guild (and my Fighter's guild skill line is already max at level 10), but who do I have to talk to for the daily Fighter's guild quest? That's a neat idea if they direct you to take down a dolmen in a specific zone.

@Glockcoma725 could you confirm @Jekerl 's suspicions? I doubt you are a low level since you are able to get the daily undaunted delve quest. Wouldn't you have to be at least level 45 to get the quest from the Undaunted camp that is sending you to Corpse Garden?

I am currently level 39, but have been able to do Undaunted dailies since level 30 at least. The location to pick up the Dailies has always been Deshaan for me, so I would guess the FG base located in your Alliance Capital should have the Dailies.

As I said earlier, last night's Undaunted was in a different region, but the FG again sent us to Stonefalls. and It could very well be due to my level, I more or less made this topic to make sure my game wasn't broken or anything like that, but it could very well be by design. Will update after playing tonight
    Ri'Skarr DD Nightblade
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they need to open up more of the locations. Level 39 is nearly 80% through the character's non-CP life (when they'd likely jump to CP 160 if not your first character). I think I had this happen on one of my character's several months ago right up until that point when they moved past level 50 (and if not, very close). Even if they try to keep us from having to go "everywhere" by level 39 there should be significantly more than one dolmen location being offered.
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are not worth doing unless you are a completionist and want the achievements for completing 1/10/30 of each:
    - you gain fighters guild reputation faster doing dolmens and gain more XP doing so
    - it's faster to collect books in zones and get shards at the same time for mages guild reputation;
    - it's more efficient to level the character to 50, get cp160 then start doing the non-DLC pledges on vet+HM to not only gain undaunted reputation very fast but max level gear from dungeons and monster sets as well;
    - the draugr motif drop rate is ~3% at best, compared to 10-15% when they were introduced about a year ago;
    So overall just a huge waste of time.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jekerl wrote: »
    I'm guessing you're a low level character. We try not to force you to go to other alliances or zones early on. As you acquire more levels we expand the number of zones and alliances you go to.

Yes, if you are below 50 you just get the quests in your alliance, above and you get them in all.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Glockcoma725
    Glockcoma725
    ✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Jekerl wrote: »

Yes, if you are below 50 you just get the quests in your alliance, above and you get them in all.

It wasn't the fact that I wasn't getting quests in other alliances, I was only getting the same delve and dolmens over and over and over for multiple days in a row.

Regardless, there is no issue. As of last night both the FG and the Undaunted sent me to different countries within my alliance. So yay!
    Edited by Glockcoma725 on August 31, 2017 12:50PM
    Ri'Skarr DD Nightblade