The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Unable to make crown purchase

Martiya
Martiya
Soul Shriven
I thought I'd make a crown purchase to increase my riding stats in game. For the last two weeks however I've unable to make a purchase. Upon filling out the CC fields required and clicking submit I'm repeatedly kicked back to the "Billing information" page where the error at the top states "We're sorry, there was an error with your Billing Address Information. Please try again." I've used two different CCs (both sharing the same address information) and the same repeated result. I've sent in a support tick and got a boiler plate response suggesting that I was either entering my information incorrectly (I'm not, it is the same information on file for my auto renewing subscription -which went through just fine a few weeks ago in June) or blaming my bank. Claiming my bank had put a hold on it because of repeated failed transactions and to wait 48 hours for them to clear. This isn't the case because my banking institution has yet to receive any transactions from ZoS which to fail in the first place in regards to my recent attempts to purchase crowns.

It seems pretty clearly this is some sort of internal error happening within ZoS's own website. I'm writing here in the hopes that some ZoS personnel with a pulse (rather than a fake name like "Tuesday" and a boiler plate response) might see this and clear it up. This might be the first time in 15 years of online gaming that I've seen a mmo not want to ease a customer's cash shope experience/purchase.

Who knows, maybe its better I didn't get through after all.

Turns out it was on my end, although not a issue of data entry, nor my bank flagging repeated failed attempts. It was my browser and apparently its use of NoScript/ ad block and the recent updates to ZoS's website do not play well with one another even if eso's website is white listed in both. I tried a less secure browser (ie windows edge) and 'lo and behold the purchase went through the first time. Maybe add the possibility of the "bowser being too secure" to the boiler plate response?
Edited by Martiya on August 11, 2017 1:04PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Martiya The ticket you've submitted, 170810-001119, is awaiting an email reply back. Please respond back to the last support email when you have a chance so our support team can help find out why your crown purchases are not going through.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also can't make a crown purchase. Getting the "We're sorry, there was an error with your Billing Address Information."
    Which tells me absolutely nothing about how to fix this. Tried the Edge browser but alas, not working for me. Using Chrome browser normally.

PS: a website telling me I apparently don't know where I live is rather infuriating.
    Edited by Everstorm on August 13, 2017 8:08PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Ensure you are entering the billing information exactly as it appears on your bank account. Any information that doesn't match, such as typos, abbreviations, and name may cause this error to appear.

If you have separate billing and mailing addresses on your payment source, you may need to try using your mailing address. One other thing you can try is using a different web browser as well.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I found the error. My first name was spelled out fully instead of just the first letters from my three christian names. It was already fully filled in though, and I have no idea how that got changed since I used that form before several times without issue.