The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Paint brushes and palette?

Serelir
Serelir
✭✭
I just bought my first house and thought I would find these items under Parlor/Knick Knacks in the Crown Store, but they either aren't there, or I'm being daft and/or blind. Is there a vendor in-game who sells them for gold? I checked the vendor in Skywatch, but he had only shrubberies and rough furniture. Is there also an easel available? I couldn't find the musical instruments, either, nor an indoor hanger or chain for the Delicate Redguard Lantern. Decorating is turning out to be more difficult than I'd imagined!

Painting Brush, Angled Knick-Knacks This is a standard house item.
Painting Brush, Detail Knick-Knacks This is a standard house item.
Painting Brush, Wide Knick-Knacks This is a standard house item.
Painting Palette Knick-Knacks This is a standard house item.
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love these too, I have a painting area set up in the garden of Tel Galen with a lovely view, ready for an easel, palette and brushes, but as far as I am aware they are not yet available.
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Serelir
    Serelir
    ✭✭
    ixie wrote: »
    I would love these too, I have a painting area set up in the garden of Tel Galen with a lovely view, ready for an easel, palette and brushes, but as far as I am aware they are not yet available.

Thank you for replying - it's a relief to discover I'm not blind! I've coveted a set of paints ever since I stepped out onto the tower balcony at the College Wayshrine. It's a pleasure to meet a fellow artist. :)

Perhaps I'll steal paintbrushes from that grumpy fellow in Marbruk.
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    haha, yes. I was sure that guy in Marbruk would have some I could 'borrow'
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager

@ixie is correct. These items are not yet available. :)
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ixie is correct. These items are not yet available. :)

But...? is there a but?

"but will be soon" would be a super cool ending to that sentence you have there :)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

ixie is correct. These items are not yet available. :)

But...? is there a but?

"but will be soon" would be a super cool ending to that sentence you have there :)

I think that the "but will be soon" is implied by the "not yet".... (I'm an optimistic nature ;-) )
    Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on August 4, 2017 8:21PM
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After determining that you can't pickpocket musical instruments from bards, I've been hoping we'll see them show up in the luxury vendor some week. Maybe the week after we can get some art supplies. :)
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Serelir
    Serelir
    ✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    After determining that you can't pickpocket musical instruments from bards, I've been hoping we'll see them show up in the luxury vendor some week. Maybe the week after we can get some art supplies. :)

If only I could keep some of my ill-gotten gains and put them in my house! My #1 most-wanted would be the Battlereeve Urcelmo Doll.

And I want to display monster trophies and exotic fish! Maybe someday. Luckily, elves live a long time. *waits patiently*

• lasertooth
    lasertooth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Omg. Someone at ZOS replied to a housing thread. Thank you for noticing us. <3

Soooo...In addition to shiny paintbrushes and other small items related to artistry...

...CAN WE PLZ HAS MOAR FURNICHUR SLOTS? ;)

giphy.gif
    Lasertooth
    GM of ESO Grand Designs, Grand Designs Too, and Grand Designs Trinity
    Xbox/NA
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lasertooth wrote: »

Omg. Someone at ZOS replied to a housing thread. Thank you for noticing us. <3

Soooo...In addition to shiny paintbrushes and other small items related to artistry...

...CAN WE PLZ HAS MOAR FURNICHUR SLOTS? ;)

giphy.gif

This.
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG that kitty is adorable. I'd give her more furnishing slots. >.>
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    To answer the "When" question, we don't have that info yet. Normally we don't comment on datamined items, but we also didn't want anyone spending hours trying to find these when they aren't in the game yet.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To answer the "When" question, we don't have that info yet. Normally we don't comment on datamined items, but we also didn't want anyone spending hours trying to find these when they aren't in the game yet.

Thanks for the info! Excited for if/when they decide to make an appearance :)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Serelir
    Serelir
    ✭✭

Thank you for helping out a new householder! I didn't know that information was suspect :O Just can't trust anyone in these dark times, especially desperate artists.

I'll stop by Marbruk and hit up Mr. Grumpypants for his art supply source. In fact, I won't move out of his view until he gives me one of his brushes.