Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Voice Chat Broken?

Texecutioner187
Texecutioner187
✭✭✭
I'm seeing reports from multiple people(myself included) that their voice channels aren't showing up, or the channels that they are in are not working - can anyone confirm anything similar?
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't even log into the game for some reason. Xbox live is up, my internet is good and can play any other game. Only eso is the problem.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    The Xbox Live services appear to have been having issues earlier, which should be resolved now. Is anyone still having issues with voice chat?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    The Xbox Live services appear to have been having issues earlier, which should be resolved now. Is anyone still having issues with voice chat?

My issues were yesterday morning, but am no longer experiencing any issues. Thank you for the follow up.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    issues as well on MON, only affected ESO.. No issues i the last two days.
  • BllyDnsr
    BllyDnsr
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE Only one of my toons that when I log onto it, it gives me the notification that I've joined guild chat 1 but I'm not in any chat. Not too horrible but just worried it could turn into something worse.
    Guildmaster of Obsidian Covenant.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @BllyDnsr Since this is only happening on one character, it may be an issue with how permissions are set for whichever guild they are in. Guild Leaders can disable voice chat within their guild if they desire, so please check with them regarding the permissions for your rank.
    Staff Post
  • BllyDnsr
    BllyDnsr
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE Funny, I'm the guildmaster and all my toons are in the guild since ESO guilds are account not individual characters.
    Guildmaster of Obsidian Covenant.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    You might want to try deleting the save data on your console as sometimes that can help with voice chat issues.

Delete the save data on the Xbox One:
    1. From the Xbox Home Menu, navigate to My games & apps.
    2. Go to Games.
    3. Highlight The Elder Scrolls Online tile and press the [Menu] button of the controller.
    4. Select Manage Game.
    5. Highlight and select Save Data for the desired user.
    6. Select Delete.

Note: This will not affect your character data, items, or game progress.
    Staff Post
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    As a side note, I've hard rebooted my Xbox and cleared the cache to fix issues that seemed to persist beyond a reboot/game exit.

Hold power button until Xbox shuts off. Unplug power from wall and Xbox. Hold Xbox power AGAIN for 30 seconds. Plug it all back in and power Xbox on.

***Disclaimer*** I'm not ZOS support in any way, shape or form... just someone who's worked in hardware and system support for my entire life and wanted to offer a suggestion. Good luck!
    Edited by Texecutioner187 on August 8, 2017 1:02PM
  • ComboBreaker88
    ComboBreaker88
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is still a huge issue on xbox and game voice chat has been broken for weeks. Its pathetic. Fix your game Zo$
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    This discussion is being closed since it's a necro from August of 2017. There is already an open discussion about voice chat issues found here if you wish to continue the commentary.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.