Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game/Chat sound

Sparr0w
Sparr0w
✭✭✭✭✭
Over the past couple of days party/zone chat has been completely silent, names are popping up but cannot hear the player at all.

We've worked around this by using XBL party chat, but with large numbers that comes with it's own issues (constant disconnects etc...).

Just informing incase you aren't aware of this issue, or if it's just us that are experiencing it? (20~ player, XB EU server).
@Sparr0w so I get the notification
Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
DD: All Mag + Stam
Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
Tank: NB | DK | Warden
Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
Heal: Templar | Sorc
Tank: DK | NB
Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Sparr0w

If you are having issues with voice chat in ESO, you can try the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Log out and back in again.
    2. Clear your Save Data on your console. To do so:

Xbox One

To delete save data on the Xbox One:
    1. From the Xbox Home Menu, navigate to My games & apps.
    2. Go to Games.
    3. Highlight The Elder Scrolls Online tile and press the [Menu] button of the controller.
    4. Select Manage Game.
    5. Highlight and select Save Data.
    6. Select Delete.

3. Turn off your console after deleting the save data and turn it back on again.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Tetsumaki
    Tetsumaki
    Soul Shriven
    It isn't just him having that issue. Multiple people across all of my guilds (myself included) in the Xbox NA server are having chat problems.
  • Fruity_Ninja
    Fruity_Ninja
    ✭✭✭
    Tetsumaki wrote: »
    It isn't just him having that issue. Multiple people across all of my guilds (myself included) in the Xbox NA server are having chat problems.

I have had chat problems since release. Most the time I just can't hear voices in zone chat (but I see the gamertags flashing on screen). Then sometimes it randomly works.
  • Excaltic
    Excaltic
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @Sparr0w

If you are having issues with voice chat in ESO, you can try the following troubleshooting steps:

Xbox One

2. Go to Games.
    3. Highlight The Elder Scrolls Online tile and press the [Menu] button of the controller.
    4. Select Manage Game.
    6. Select Delete.

3. Turn off your console after deleting the save data and turn it back on again.
    @ZOS_BillE Please inform the coders at ZOS:

1. Start Xbox Party -> Chat in Xbox Party party works
    2. Start ESO
    3. In ESO -> Join Voice Chat channel -> While in the Xbox Party the sound (voices) are muted as they should be, so they don't interfere with the Xbox Party Chat.
    4. Leave Xbox Party
    5. In ESO -> Sound from Voice Chat channels does not come back after leaving the Xbox Live Party Chat, you have to restart your Xbox as a WHOLE and be NOT in a party when launching ESO for this to fix itself.

It's a code problem. Voice Chat in combination with Xbox Live Party Chat is bugged in several scenarios.

The Voice Chat is especially bugged with the newest Turtle Beach Stealth 700 headset, which uses the Xbox own internal wireless (controller) communication method to receive audio wirelessly, Voice Chat (via ESO) doesn't work at all, ever with this product after the last 1~2 major patches.
  • Lala_Calamari
    Excaltic wrote: »
    you have to restart your Xbox as a WHOLE and be NOT in a party when launching ESO for this to fix itself.

Can confirm this happens. Accidentally joined an XBox party last night, left the XBox party and lost ESO voice chat. Names pop up but no voices can be heard.

It also happens while not hitting XBox party as well. The only solution to fixing it is a complete hard reset of the XBox. This is pretty painful when you discover the bug while hitting Cyrodiil (after waiting through a 100 person queue).
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Sparr0w

Xbox One

2. Go to Games.
    4. Select Manage Game.
    6. Select Delete.

2. Start ESO
    3. In ESO -> Join Voice Chat channel -> While in the Xbox Party the sound (voices) are muted as they should be, so they don't interfere with the Xbox Party Chat.
    4. Leave Xbox Party
    5. In ESO -> Sound from Voice Chat channels does not come back after leaving the Xbox Live Party Chat, you have to restart your Xbox as a WHOLE and be NOT in a party when launching ESO for this to fix itself.

It's a code problem. Voice Chat in combination with Xbox Live Party Chat is bugged in several scenarios.

The Voice Chat is especially bugged with the newest Turtle Beach Stealth 700 headset, which uses the Xbox own internal wireless (controller) communication method to receive audio wirelessly, Voice Chat (via ESO) doesn't work at all, ever with this product after the last 1~2 major patches.

Yaaaaasssss this is exactly it. Slay
  • Khrogo
    Khrogo
    ✭✭✭
    @Sparr0w

Xbox One

2. Go to Games.
    4. Select Manage Game.
    6. Select Delete.

2. Start ESO
    4. Leave Xbox Party

This is completely correct. Everyone in my guild and everyone I know on Xbox NA is having the same problem. Matters are made worse by the fact that in-game chat channels routinely disappear. In fact, I would say 1 in 3 times they do. This means people lose group or guild chat, have to move to party chat then can not use in-game chat till their console is restarted. It’s a vicious circle and a major issue.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    For anyone still having issues with voice chat after going through the troubleshooting here, please go ahead and open a ticket with customer support so this can be further investigated.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Excaltic Yup completely correct, ty for the response :)

@Khrogo @Apache_Kid @Lala_Calamari Thanks for responses, I'm going to raise a customer support ticket now, hopefully hear back & they can get this fixed before Summerset :sweat:
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • testd4n1
    testd4n1
    ✭✭✭
    For anyone still having issues with voice chat after going through the troubleshooting here, please go ahead and open a ticket with customer support so this can be further investigated.

Interesting. I'll have to take a look at my port settings. I believe I stopped forwarding my ports after I upgraded my modem and got a new router since my NAT was always open this way. I'll experiment with setting up port forwarding for all listed ports. If that doesn't work I'll also try placing my Xbox One in the DMZ, although I'd rather not have to do that.

Thank you @ZOS_BillE for your input, I'll give it a go.