The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Concierge service?

rotaugen454
rotaugen454
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Just got an e-mail from ZoS listing the new limited time items and offering a concierge service to purchase them during the time if I have the crowns available. This is a smart move from the perspective that a lot of people go on vacations when these things are on sale. Anyone else get this?
"Get off my lawn!"
  • Vipstaakki
    Vipstaakki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds fishy. I haven't heard anything of the sort. Could be a scam. Can anyone verify that ZoS is actually offering something like this?
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vipstaakki wrote: »
    Sounds fishy. I haven't heard anything of the sort. Could be a scam. Can anyone verify that ZoS is actually offering something like this?

This probably works the same way as the testing they did with gifting people things from the crownstore. I am guessing you just put in a ticket at help.elderscrollsonline.com and tell them you want to buy X with your crowns and the CSR handles it for you.

Edit: I just checked my mail and got the same thing. It looks legit to me. Comes from the normal mass mailer server and all links point to official game resources.
    Edited by Sigtric on August 2, 2017 8:01PM

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a cool concept i rarely want crown stuff but if something uber came up id be annoyed to miss it.

It does however sound fishy perhaps @ZOS_JessicaFolsom is aware of it?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I got it. At first glance it looks legit given it came from the same address as other similar things I've received, and was sent to the email address I only use for ESO.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems legit to me. I did the crown item gifting when they tested that (bought my wife an elk), and this looks like the same sort of thing, just for personal purchase on limited time items. They probably look at crown spending and picked the people who go a bit overboard to test it on (aka me).
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I edited my first post in this thread: it seems legit to me. All checks out.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have been offered by support in the past year or so many times for them to offer me stuff that is no longer available for my crowns....

Even time limited mounts that others have to gamble box for.....that are no longer available. They will just give me for a fixed price...

They said the reason they offered me this was because of the amount of crowns I had unspent just sitting there....

I told them they have nothing I want or worth buying and nothing at a good price. :)

They never called it concierge.

Edited by Troneon on August 2, 2017 8:16PM
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • GlassHalfFull
    GlassHalfFull
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have the same email, looks legit.

I bet most think it was phishy email because of the low level of awareness communication ZOS has with its players.
    Curiosity is the cure for boredom, there is no cure for curiosity.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's legit folks
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • BrianDavion
    BrianDavion
    ✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    It's legit folks

this is a neat idea, I'd also like to see those 4 day only things stretched to a full week.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone,

We wanted to provide some clarification about the email referred to in this discussion thread. It is a legitimate email and program through our Support team, designed to help players purchase and gift available Crown Store items and ESO Plus to friends. This program is still in early stages, so we have not yet opened it up to everyone but anyone can join it. If you would like to be added to this program, simply submit a Support ticket with the request.

The most recent email went out early before we were able to verify all the item specifics. We do know that there was one bit of incorrect information. There was mention of a Crown Store Housing item sale that is not happening. We are working to improve our process to ensure all information we send to you is correct.

Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you!
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

We wanted to provide some clarification about the email referred to in this discussion thread. It is a legitimate email and program through our Support team, designed to help players purchase and gift available Crown Store items and ESO Plus to friends. This program is still in early stages, so we have not yet opened it up to everyone but anyone can join it. If you would like to be added to this program, simply submit a Support ticket with the request.

The most recent email went out early before we were able to verify all the item specifics. We do know that there was one bit of incorrect information. There was mention of a Crown Store Housing item sale that is not happening. We are working to improve our process to ensure all information we send to you is correct.

This is kind of a silly question, but I'm just curious - let's say I want to gift my friend a costume and the appropriate Crowns/funds are deducted from my account. Will my friend be asked if they want the item, or are they just... given it?

And are there any restrictions on who I may gift to, e.g. let's say a GM wanted to raffle off a pet or something as part of a guild event. Would that be able to be gifted to whoever, or do they actually have to be friends?

I guess in more broader terms, is there a T&C we can see to find out more?
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is this across all platforms ?
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't get the email but I'm really glad this is real because it's an extremely good idea.

I'm often away for work/family things and there's been several limited time sales I've missed or almost missed (as in I get home, drop my bag and log in to get it at the last minute) so I really appreciate the opportunity to buy things without needing to log in. :D
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

This is kind of a silly question, but I'm just curious - let's say I want to gift my friend a costume and the appropriate Crowns/funds are deducted from my account. Will my friend be asked if they want the item, or are they just... given it?

And are there any restrictions on who I may gift to, e.g. let's say a GM wanted to raffle off a pet or something as part of a guild event. Would that be able to be gifted to whoever, or do they actually have to be friends?

I guess in more broader terms, is there a T&C we can see to find out more?

Based on my experience when I gifted a crown store item to someone, the CSR I was working with asked for their account (@name) and then asked if I wanted the mail it was delivered in to state who it was from or to leave it anonymous. It was sent as an official system email to the recipient and my crown balance took the charge against it. There was no check on her end to ask if she wanted it or not.

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Praeficere
    Praeficere
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've gifted twice, on both the other did not know. Sent CS a mail, crowns vanish and it shows as purchased for them and that's all.
    Though the shadow has moved not,
    A thousand miles I’ve passed –
    Ageless as the mountains but forgetting not the past.

Are you Resolute?
    PC EU Progression Guild
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gifted multiple items (any race any alliance, guilds and glory) to multiple accounts, and to the best of my recollection, the items just "appeared" in those accounts without any mail to them or other indication. Maybe there was a pop-up in game or something, but other than that I'm the one that let them know they had it. That was nearly a year ago so things may have changed since then.

Edit: And "boo :(" on the lack of the housing item sale!
    Edited by smacx250 on August 2, 2017 11:38PM
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a cool QoL improvement I guess, but how are people supposed to make it work if they don't even know the prices for the items? Or is this strictly something activated via the web once the sales occur? It seems a bit too opaque based just on the info available right now.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    but how are people supposed to make it work if they don't even know the prices for the items?

Aside from the email listing several prices for August, it also said, "Contact me today for a full list of items, prices, and dates."

It feels like they're trying to have prices finalized by the time showcases go live, so once something's been officially announced, you can ask customer service for the price if you'll be away from the game and want to reserve it.

I think they're still hesitant to announce prices to everybody as that would lead to customer service getting what amounts to a lot of unnecessary preorders every month.
    signing off
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi all,

Here are some steps to help you submit a Support ticket to take advantage of this program. If you have questions about the program, you can ask them in your Support ticket.
    1. First visit our Support portal here: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/
    2. Log into your account (you must do this step, or the next steps will not work)
    3. Click on the Web Assistant on the right side of the page
    4. Choose any Platform
    5. Select In-Game Support, then Item Issue, then Crown Store Purchase
    6. In your ticket description, please mention the Crown Store item you are interested in purchasing. Please note: We can only assist with items that are live in the Crown Store. If the item is a gift for another player, please provide the recipient's UserID/Gamertag/PSN ID, or the email address associated with their game account.
    7. Then select "Email Response" and you will get a confirmation message that your ticket has been submitted, along with your ticket number.
    8. We usually answer tickets within 24 to 72 hours.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it possible to gift dlcs?
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People are already announcing prices for the showcase items in various threads. Did they get them from this special email or by submitting a ticket?

If prices are known at the time of showcase release, why not just put them in the showcase so people can plan their purchases in advance?
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Is it possible to gift dlcs?

@Cinbri It's been possible to gift DLC for years now, I've done it quite a few times :D
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Slurg wrote: »
    People are already announcing prices for the showcase items in various threads. Did they get them from this special email or by submitting a ticket?

If prices are known at the time of showcase release, why not just put them in the showcase so people can plan their purchases in advance?

Prices are often not yet final when we post the monthly Crown Store Showcase. We wait to release pricing to ensure that what we put out there is correct and final. The mail that some folks got went out before we were able to verify all the item specifics.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • ClockworkCityBugs
    ClockworkCityBugs
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

Here are some steps to help you submit a Support ticket to take advantage of this program. If you have questions about the program, you can ask them in your Support ticket.
    1. First visit our Support portal here: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/
    2. Log into your account (you must do this step, or the next steps will not work)
    3. Click on the Web Assistant on the right side of the page
    4. Choose any Platform
    5. Select In-Game Support, then Item Issue, then Crown Store Purchase
    6. In your ticket description, please mention the Crown Store item you are interested in purchasing. Please note: We can only assist with items that are live in the Crown Store. If the item is a gift for another player, please provide the recipient's UserID/Gamertag/PSN ID, or the email address associated with their game account.
    7. Then select "Email Response" and you will get a confirmation message that your ticket has been submitted, along with your ticket number.
    8. We usually answer tickets within 24 to 72 hours.

is this still possible?
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey this is a great idea! I'm just a bit worried about scamming by gifting crown items for gold exchange. I have seen it happen in other games. I wonder how that would be handled by support.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SisterGoat wrote: »
    Hey this is a great idea! I'm just a bit worried about scamming by gifting crown items for gold exchange. I have seen it happen in other games. I wonder how that would be handled by support.
    I don't think they would handle it as this isn't a system meant for selling items to other players, it's meant as a gifting service between friends.

@ClockworkCityBugs yes this can still be done. I did it last week to give someone the Malacath statue I got from crates.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Trepis26
    Trepis26
    Turelus wrote: »
    I don't think they would handle it as this isn't a system meant for selling items to other players, it's meant as a gifting service between friends.

@ClockworkCityBugs yes this can still be done. I did it last week to give someone the Malacath statue I got from crates.

we can give away stuff we got from crates ? is that just physical things like the furniture item you mentioned ? I would love to give my wife the firebear that I got , its doesn't suit my characters.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trepis26 wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »

ClockworkCityBugs yes this can still be done. I did it last week to give someone the Malacath statue I got from crates.

we can give away stuff we got from crates ? is that just physical things like the furniture item you mentioned ? I would love to give my wife the firebear that I got , its doesn't suit my characters.
    @Trepis26 I don't know if all items can be done. I asked for statue to be sent as it wasn't a collections item. You could always try and worst case they just say they can't.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Calsifer
    Calsifer
    ✭✭✭
    STOP, STOP, STOP!!! Before you go through with this idea, please take a moment to think of how this IS going to be abused. This can and WILL reck the economy. Without Naming and Shaming anyone in particular, there is a known individual on the PS4 EU server that is notorious for SELLING GOLD. This system will only provide them with a way to gather HUGE sums of in game currency to provide people with crown store items. While this system is by ticket at the moment, do you think for one mintue that it will not eventually be automated? And when said individual starts making hundreds of transactions, do you think for one minute ZOS is going to try to stop him? And did ANYONE think of how this will WRECK the ESO PS4 EU Econmy?