The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Infinite 'Requesting Character Load' Window - PLEASE HELP!

SkillzMFG
SkillzMFG
✭✭✭✭
After the patch today I couldn't log in anymore. Last time I could log onto my characters was around 10 hours ago, to be precise 4am on 24th of July. This happens to me every time after a patch comes out and it's becoming quite frustrating. I tried all the solutions from FAQ on the support site but none helped me.
No I don't have an antivirus and my firewall let's ESO use the internet. I just don't know what could cause this problem but it's obviously not on my end. Since I could play the game perfectly fine before the patch.
I play on EU server on a PC.
Any suggestions? The answer for the ticket I posted is taking forever to arrive so I just thought it would help if someone tried to help me here.

EDIT: One thing I forgot to mention is that this happens usually after two requirements are met. After a patch comes out, and after I log onto another ESO account (My brother also has one). Now I'm not sure this has anything to do with this problem but since this whole situation is quite bizarre I wouldn't be surprised that's the core of the problem.
Edited by SkillzMFG on July 24, 2017 8:25PM
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as yet another sign of the overall server network issues that have gone unaddressed.

someone will doubtless blame yer ISP.
  • SkillzMFG
    SkillzMFG
    ✭✭✭✭
    as yet another sign of the overall server network issues that have gone unaddressed.

someone will doubtless blame yer ISP.

Either that or they will blame Addons and suggest that I switch to a 'Static IP' even though I already have one.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @SkillzMFG Are you still experiencing the 'Requesting Character Load' error when logging in with your characters?

It looks like you have a second thread open regarding this and have already opened a support ticket. If you are still getting the error, you will want to respond back to ticket 170724-001085, as you have already exhausted most of the basic troubleshooting that would normally help resolve this issue.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • SkillzMFG
    SkillzMFG
    ✭✭✭✭
    I resloved the issue by turning on the VPN when I tried to log in. It has been fixed ever since.