The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Official Discussion Thread for "Test Your Mettle in the Midyear Mayhem PvP Event!"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
03e2b505e445d148b833e19863f328ab.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the Test Your Mettle in the Midyear Mayhem PvP Event! blog article.

Prepare for battle! Celebrate the legendary hero Pelinal Whitestrake and his victory at the Bridge of Heldon by taking part in our first Midyear Mayhem PvP event and earning the Midyear Victor's Laurel Wreath collectible hat. It is said that those who wear the Midyear Laurel feel themselves infused with the holy rage of the spirit of Pelinal himself!
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I finally have to stop being a wimp and do some battlegrounds.

@Nermy can you carry me in Cyrodiil plox? :tongue:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Tarvy, you've always needed carrying in Cyrodiil... :p
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nettle
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone who tested it tell me what 'Books of Pelinal' are? That they are housing items doesn't tell me much.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nermy wrote: »

That's why I was a raid leader, don't need skill when you have 40 minions to kill everything for you. :joy:
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • DinOwned
    DinOwned
    ✭✭✭
    Can the scroll be activated in Cyrodiil/Imperial City?
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvE and RP players complaining about the event being PvP in 3..2..1....
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »

They're getting 2 new dungeons and a trial... :)
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, I won't complain(much). What I will do is do pvp anyways and make PVPers complain about RP scrubs sullying their battlegrounds.

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quest towns are gonna be lit!!!
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Alucu
    Alucu
    ✭✭✭
    here's still more! During the weekends of the event, the merchant Adhazabi Aba-daro (also known as “The Golden") will offer all of the Legendary-quality jewelry that can usually only be earned via the Alliance War! In the first weekend of the event you can use Alliance points to purchase necklaces, and in the second, to purchase rings. During the event, Adhazabi Aba-daro will not accept gold as payment for these items, so put those additional Alliance Points to good use!⁠⁠⁠⁠

Does this include overland sets as well or merely the "rewards of the worthy" sets?

Why there's a separate playerbase for pvp, pve and rp? I enjoy all kind of content :/
    Edited by Alucu on July 18, 2017 2:54PM
    Building communities since 2017

Para los Jugadores Hispanos: LA FUNDACION GM
    For advanced PvE: DRAGON VOID Officer
    For advanced PvP: PROJECT NOVA Member
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will there be rewards for dying a lot?
    PC EU & NA
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will there be rewards for dying a lot?

I hope so - I'll get all of them ;)

• DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sword in the image needs to be turned 90 degrees, it's deflect of the dudes armour.

OT Good, time for zerg farming. See you all the bridge!
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Universe is ready for battle!
    May the AP be with you ALWAYS :)
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wait did I read that right? The Golden will have everything possible on sale?
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • ilander
    ilander
    ✭✭✭
    Jaeysa wrote: »

Oh, I won't complain(much). What I will do is do pvp anyways and make PVPers complain about RP scrubs sullying their battlegrounds.

You honestly think that PvPers are going to be bothered about what is commonly known as a free kill??? The only way RPers are really going to sully things for all the pvpers is by spamming rubbish emotes in the chat and complaining about how they can't manage to survive more than 0.47 seconds in a fight.
    "Prithee kind sir, whyeth can i not maketh my survival on par with the Immortal ravenous sea beast of Khenarthi's Roost?? Thank thee kindly for thy responsetheth"

RPers come even lower in the Cyro pecking order than questers who, i may add, are the sort of people who are proud of themselves for making it to the rank of Corporal from questing for 2 months in Cropsford

Most Averagest Player EU PvP - More averager than you'll ever be.. GUARANTEED!

• Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nermy wrote: »

That's why I was a raid leader, don't need skill when you have 40 minions to kill everything for you. :joy:

Awesome.. even if you dont need it any more.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    DinOwned wrote: »
    Can the scroll be activated in Cyrodiil/Imperial City?
    The Scroll of Pelinal's Ferocity is an item that goes into your inventory, so it does take up space with your other items. It is not consumed on use, and can be reused as much and as often as you like, anywhere you like (including Imperial City, Cyrodiil, and Battlegrounds), during the event.

Can anyone who tested it tell me what 'Books of Pelinal' are? That they are housing items doesn't tell me much.
    The Books of Pelinal are furniture items you can place in your home called "Song of Pelinal." You can also read them!

Alucu wrote: »
    Does this include overland sets as well or merely the "rewards of the worthy" sets?
    Adhazabi Aba-daro will only offer the Rewards for the Worthy item sets, and no others. We wanted to keep her stock thematically appropriate to the event, which is a PvP-centric one.
    Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on July 18, 2017 3:09PM
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the achievement for killing players final blow only (like kill achievements), or just tagging them (as per the dailies in Cyrodiil) ?
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will the leaderboards reflect the double XP or will they show the base XP earned by a player?
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ilander - I think they're going to be peeved if they find me on their team.
    ilander wrote: »
    The only way RPers are really going to sully things for all the pvpers is by spamming rubbish emotes in the chat and complaining about how they can't manage to survive more than 0.47 seconds in a fight.
    "Prithee kind sir, whyeth can i not maketh my survival on par with the Immortal ravenous sea beast of Khenarthi's Roost?? Thank thee kindly for thy responsetheth"
    XD While I don't know anyone in ESO who would do this, I do know a few from other games, and that is depressingly accurate.
    ilander wrote: »
    RPers come even lower in the Cyro pecking order than questers who, i may add, are the sort of people who are proud of themselves for making it to the rank of Corporal from questing for 2 months in Cropsford
    Look - it took me a lot of dailies to make that rank, thank you very much! Give me a couple more months and I'll even make Sergeant!

• MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, what are the chances of us getting that patch to turn AP into bankable currency this week? :)
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool, looks like fun, thanks for giving us another cp camp before this event, let the lagg begin on vivec EU.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sure Wheeler will be paying close attention to what goes on in and near the Imperial City (nods for those who sense the Skyrim nod there - hint just replace Wheeler with Emperor and Imperial City with (well its implied to be Windhelm).)

And we are called to emulate the Whitestrake in the massacre of ye ol' elves - count my Breton in!
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MinuitPro wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, what are the chances of us getting that patch to turn AP into bankable currency this week? :)

Next patch.

• MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    MinuitPro wrote: »

Next patch.

Yeah, I was hoping they could sneak in that little part of 15 now... sure would be handy to gather up all my alts AP for Ms. Aba-daro.
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    During the event, Adhazabi Aba-daro will not accept gold as payment for these items, so put those additional Alliance Points to good use!

Hahahaha get boned gold barons. If you want dem gold jewels you better pay the AP toll.
  • Alucu
    Alucu
    ✭✭✭
    Scyantific wrote: »
    During the event, Adhazabi Aba-daro will not accept gold as payment for these items, so put those additional Alliance Points to good use!

Hahahaha get boned gold barons. If you want dem gold jewels you better pay the AP toll.

Ap as currency is great, actually. But with overland sets we have no way to get gold jewelry unless in adhazabi aba-daro!
    Edited by Alucu on July 18, 2017 3:19PM
    Building communities since 2017

Para los Jugadores Hispanos: LA FUNDACION GM
    For advanced PvE: DRAGON VOID Officer
    For advanced PvP: PROJECT NOVA Member
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Is the achievement for killing players final blow only (like kill achievements), or just tagging them (as per the dailies in Cyrodiil) ?
    You must land the killing blow for it to count toward the achievement, similarly to Imperial City and Battleground achievements.

Paulington wrote: »
    Will the leaderboards reflect the double XP or will they show the base XP earned by a player?
    The PvP Leaderboards will show the AP each player earns, so during the event it will reflect the double AP amounts.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post