The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Test Your Mettle in the Midyear Mayhem PvP Event!"

• Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    30 day CP campaign -

During the first few days of the holiday event I tried to play, but the lag was horrendous, as was the infinite loading screens, crashes, etc.., But, with the event winding down, I decided to try Cyro again last night, and I'm glad I did. I played in the middle of the night (1:00 a.m. - 6:00 a.m.) and all 3 factions were pop locked. I queued in as a solo player and only had to wait a few minutes to get in. There was also a good mix of experienced plus new pvp'ers.

Before going on, I would like to point out two things that were significant in making my night in cyro so enjoyable (see spoiler):
    1.) Although I did see an occasional plague of zerglings moving in unison as they devoured everything in their path (much like a plague of locusts), this type of 'fighting'' is NOT what predominated on the battlefield (at least not last night).

2.) There was also a notable decrease in the number of unkillable cockroaches in cyro. A while back, people in cyro started calling these nasty buggers 'unkillable' because it seemed like no matter what they threw at them, those pesky pests wouldn't die (not to mention they were growing in numbers). These pests (along with the zergling plague) made life in cyro so bad that number of folks avoided traveling there altogether. Fortunately, a group of exterminators put their heads together and came up with an idea on how to effectively deal with these pesky pests. Well, whatever they did seems to be working ... the pest population has decreased and folks are starting to travel to cyro once again.

Fighting in the battlefield AND fighting at keeps was a blast! Lots-o-fun! There was a good mix of offensive and defensive playing going on which made for some real excitement! And, the siege battles ... omg ... some were truly epic ... so much fun!

IMO, something else that added to the (fun) experience was that everyone had plenty of 'war toys' (i.e., coldfire siege/ballistas, keep repair kits, forward camps, etc., ) from their holiday boxes. Why? It eliminated one faction having an advantage over the other just by virtue of having the most 'war-toys at their disposal. Also, it alleviated the in-faction friction over who was going to repair the walls, or supply the forward camp, or show up with siege equipment, etc.,

And ... the best part ... almost no lag and no infinite loading screens! The small amount of lag that did occur was minimal and brief.

I hope what I experienced last night is a sign of things to come. It was the most fun I've had in this game in a very, very long time.
    Edited by Maryal on July 30, 2017 3:20PM
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will ESO be taking action against the boosters on Xbox NA that boosted in Sotha Sil? Will the 2 campaigns that were added be staying?