The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

looking for advise - new player

angardia
angardia
Soul Shriven
Hello :D
i play for around a week now, but im still confused!

cant find proper guide on pet sorc, woodwork and clothing , everything i find is outdated.
mostly im looking for any advise of what to do at this point:
ima pet sorc lvl around 60 of champion points, my hp less than 10k for unknown reason - 2 hits im dead
and im all over the place with the amount of maps\quests\guilds\EVERYTHING!!!!

help!
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are dead in 2 hits, you need to use your shield (hardened ward). If you put all your points into magicka(and judging by your low HP, i guess you did), your shield should be pretty strong, allowing you to survive easily. Just keep refreshing it every 6 seconds(or whenever it expires due to the damage it took).
  • angardia
    angardia
    Soul Shriven
    Sharee wrote: »
    If you are dead in 2 hits, you need to use your shield (hardened ward). If you put all your points into magicka(and judging by your low HP, i guess you did), your shield should be pretty strong, allowing you to survive easily. Just keep refreshing it every 6 seconds(or whenever it expires due to the damage it took).

yep i have.
    but i do feel like my sorc isnt even close to this guide
    https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-sorcerer-pet-build-pve/
    this guide says i need 17.2k HP by itself O.o
    also my dmg feels really low
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you using max magic/max health food buff? It gives you like 5k health. Also if you're going with a pet sorcerer build use Necropotence. You should get the set once you're cp160 though.
    The Flyers
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sunshine Daydream's Guide to Woodworking and Sunshine Daydream's Guide to Clothing are both (as are all our guides) current to the most recent major update to the game (Morrowind, less than 2 weeks ago), although as a "new" player I suggest the "Introduction to Crafting" within the crafting overview guide in my signature as your starting reference.
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two hits is squishy, even for a pure magicka build.

What's your gear at? Have you been updating it as you levelled? What's the quality (white/green/blue/etc)?

You don't necessarily have to learn to craft that gear yet (though hit the stations and start researching yesterday, because that takes forever). Drops you get from enemies and questing should generally be able to sustain you at this point... but they need to be current drops. It sounds to me like you might have out-leveled your gear.
    Edited by BlackSparrow on June 19, 2017 2:40PM
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    angardia wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »

yep i have.
    but i do feel like my sorc isnt even close to this guide
    https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-sorcerer-pet-build-pve/
    this guide says i need 17.2k HP by itself O.o
    also my dmg feels really low
    If your champion point is below 160, then its best to go with full training trait on items, to level up your skills and get more xp. Your "build" at this point should be to slot skills and gear, that helps you level up via grinding and solo questing, not be optimized for group play.

If your champion point is above 160, then go with the aforementioned blue magicka/health food buff, it is what brings your hitpoints up to that amount.

The guide has recomended a Beginner gear set too, and in the beginner section it's recomended to go with Twice-Born Star set, which comes with a health-increase bonus.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    angardia wrote: »
    Hello :D
    i play for around a week now, but im still confused!

cant find proper guide on pet sorc, woodwork and clothing , everything i find is outdated.
    mostly im looking for any advise of what to do at this point:
    ima pet sorc lvl around 60 of champion points, my hp less than 10k for unknown reason - 2 hits im dead
    and im all over the place with the amount of maps\quests\guilds\EVERYTHING!!!!

help!

Try using food to increase your health (witchmother's potent brew might be best one for you) and shields (stacking hardened ward + healing ward + dampen magic will give you like 30k or more shields in PVE).

To level up woodworking and clothing just deconstruct all the wood or cloth/leather items you find.

I don't quite understand the question about the amount of maps, quests etc.
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on June 29, 2017 8:39PM
  • Pseron_Wyrd
    Pseron_Wyrd
    ✭✭✭
    I don't quite understand the question about the amount of maps, quests etc.

My interpretation is that he feels overwhelmed by all the things he needs to do and the places he needs to go. But I could be wrong.