The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Where am I going wrong with the Support Page login?

Torryn_Woodsrunner
Torryn_Woodsrunner
✭✭✭
I'm trying to login to the Support page so I can fill out the form for early access to Morrowind. Put in my name and password, says I'm logging in from a new computer, sending access code. Put in access code, hit Log In, and BAM, Authentication Error, User name and/or password are incorrect.

I've tried clearing my cache.
I've tried deleting cookies.
I've tried a different browser (Chrome and Edge).
I've double-checked name and password spellings, including entering manually.
I've done a password reset. Twice. Yes, my password is less than 20 characters.

What's left?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does your password contain anything "hinky"... special characters, spaces?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    What is the exact authentication error that is coming up?

As you have already tried the basic troubleshooting with your web browsers and password, it indicates there may be something else interfering and causing the error. This error might be due to your anti-virus software (such as Avast) or a different background service, so we recommend that you disable any anti-virus programs temporally, then try again.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Torryn_Woodsrunner
    Torryn_Woodsrunner
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    What is the exact authentication error that is coming up?

As you have already tried the basic troubleshooting with your web browsers and password, it indicates there may be something else interfering and causing the error. This error might be due to your anti-virus software (such as Avast) or a different background service, so we recommend that you disable any anti-virus programs temporally, then try again.

The exact error is:

Authentication Error
    User_ID and/or password was incorrect.

Also, to answer Lordrichter, there are no 'hinky' characters in my password, letters and numbers only.

Also tried shutting down Anti-Virus and Firewall, same results.
  • Spoonmore
    Spoonmore
    ✭✭
    I have this same *** error and have been contacting support for 3 weeks. It's been an awful experience and I'm sick of the lame responses.
  • Spoonmore
    Spoonmore
    ✭✭
    I made a Reddit post and apparently a lot of people are having this issue. I can't believe that I'm missing out on early access to Morrowind over some issue on their side, then be told it's as simple as resetting my password, when I've done that like 10 times.
  • Ignotus
    Ignotus
    ✭✭✭
    This may be a stupid suggestion, but why not? I believe the support site uses your game login credentials and NOT your forum credentials. I apologize if that is already obvious to everyone.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spoonmore wrote: »
    I made a Reddit post and apparently a lot of people are having this issue. I can't believe that I'm missing out on early access to Morrowind over some issue on their side, then be told it's as simple as resetting my password, when I've done that like 10 times.

Yeah, don't waste your time resetting your password. At least, not more than once. Some accounts, for whatever reason, cannot log into the support site. Other accounts can log in with no problems.

I am pretty sure that the bulk of the problem is on their end. No one should have to do browser gymnastics to log into a support web site. No one should have to have a specially crafted password so they can log into the game and the support website because the latter cannot handle passwords that work for the game.

One thing they can do is fix the support page login form to allow long passwords. The game allows up to 200 characters. The support page allows up to 20.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Spoonmore
    Spoonmore
    ✭✭
    Ignotus wrote: »
    This may be a stupid suggestion, but why not? I believe the support site uses your game login credentials and NOT your forum credentials. I apologize if that is already obvious to everyone.

My game login is the same as my account log in, still doesn't work. It doesn't matter either, because on the support page I've done the "forgot your pass" and "forgot your userid" and it leads to the same thing. It's just an issue that has been an issue for me for more than a month and after fighting for a resolution they still respond to me in support emails with "change your password." This is not acceptable.
  • Spoonmore
    Spoonmore
    ✭✭
    Spoonmore wrote: »

Yeah, don't waste your time resetting your password. At least, not more than once. Some accounts, for whatever reason, cannot log into the support site. Other accounts can log in with no problems.

I am pretty sure that the bulk of the problem is on their end. No one should have to do browser gymnastics to log into a support web site. No one should have to have a specially crafted password so they can log into the game and the support website because the latter cannot handle passwords that work for the game.

One thing they can do is fix the support page login form to allow long passwords. The game allows up to 200 characters. The support page allows up to 20.

Some one feels me! It's on their end, but they don't see it as their problem. Now I'm missing early access because of it.