The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Yesterday's Patch notes with Morrowind Prologue!

• EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quest is a huge spoiler. I don't like it. I think it should be released in 1 day before Morrowind, not now.
    But the reward is awesome.
  • Acadia76
    Acadia76
    Hmm I found mine at the bank in Mournhold....clothed
    Edited by Acadia76 on May 8, 2017 6:36PM
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Just dropping a note here to let you all know that the hotfix to push the ESO: Morrowind prologue quest, "The Missing Prophecy", is now complete on all platforms.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_JessicaFolsom,

What kind of hotfix are you talking about now? Alessio Guillon is still naked, missing hair/eyebrows and has no voice over. PC EU.
    "To a thing like me, a thing like you, well... Think how you'd feel if a bacterium sat at your table and started to get snarky." -Death

PC EU
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Is this quest accessible after the launch of Morrowind, or will it disappear like similar MMO expansion/chapter prologue events/quests?
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • Shadeaux
    Shadeaux
    ✭✭✭
    it's bugged on the Talk to Rhea step on Xbox.
  • JoeCapricorn
    JoeCapricorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooooooh, that's why there's a naked guy at the bank!

I actually thought it had something to do with Stormhaven because I saw a mention of the Statue of Azura. I am playing through a slow and easy run where I listen to all dialogue, so when I heard nothing out of this guy's mouth I decided to not take the quest.
    Edited by JoeCapricorn on May 8, 2017 10:31PM
    I simp for vampire lords and Glemyos Wildhorn
  • Valkysas154
    Valkysas154
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had my audio off when i got this quest -audio book- but noticed his lips did not move at all
  • Valkysas154
    Valkysas154
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    LMar wrote: »
    I must admit I didn't expect it to kick off so early but did you see the patch notes?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/342533/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-7-13

"you can also kick-off the ESO: Morrowind storyline right now by embarking on a new prologue quest, “The Missing Prophecy.” This quest can be picked up from any Inn and will send you on a mission to track and defeat bandits and Daedra, and in the process, uncover a terrifying prophecy that leads directly to the events of ESO: Morrowind. Upon completion of the quest, you’ll receive the Twilight Shard memento that produces a dazzling tribute to Azura."

Not at the Outside Inn in Grahtwood.

Does he only appear in your own alliance inns, I wonder? Like with Valaste and Sees All Colors?

I got the quest in belkarth
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven't purchased Morrowind yet, do I have to have it purchased to run the quest @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ?
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nimander99 wrote: »
    I haven't purchased Morrowind yet, do I have to have it purchased to run the quest @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ?

No you can start it now and still get the reward and all
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    baratron wrote: »
    I am far less bothered by his nakedness than the fact he is also bald and missing eyebrows . Everyone was talking about the nudity, but no one mentioned the lack of eyebrows - which is far more disturbing to me.
    He wanted the Whoopi Goldberg shaved-eyebrow look.
  • Galwylin
    Galwylin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't approach him either in Daggerfall so went to Auridon. I really enjoyed the quest. Sure, it was a lot of running around but I like the ominous way it ended which has me looking forward to Morrowind. I thought Rhea might be the next Gabrielle who pops up from time to time until she joins us for the final battle in the quest line. I like her. And what was with Azura. I'd swear she talked like she was reading the script for the first time. Much better in that quest in Auridon. I did wonder what was up with the naked guy though. Still, on the whole, I liked it and think it did what it set out to do.
  • Ignotus
    Ignotus
    ✭✭✭
    Jiigen wrote: »
    Hi @ZOS_JessicaFolsom,

What kind of hotfix are you talking about now? Alessio Guillon is still naked, missing hair/eyebrows and has no voice over. PC EU.
    I assume she means the hotfix is to push the quest/update to PS4 and Xbox One. I haven't seen any mention of fixing the appearance of the NPC yet. This was probably in response to the questions about when this would be available on the consoles.
    Just dropping a note here to let you all know that the hotfix to push the ESO: Morrowind prologue quest, "The Missing Prophecy", is now complete on all platforms.
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    LMar wrote: »
    I must admit I didn't expect it to kick off so early but did you see the patch notes?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/342533/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-7-13

"you can also kick-off the ESO: Morrowind storyline right now by embarking on a new prologue quest, “The Missing Prophecy.” This quest can be picked up from any Inn and will send you on a mission to track and defeat bandits and Daedra, and in the process, uncover a terrifying prophecy that leads directly to the events of ESO: Morrowind. Upon completion of the quest, you’ll receive the Twilight Shard memento that produces a dazzling tribute to Azura."

Funny that quest giver dont have any clothes or even have voice actor on him that is very poorly made ZoS
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
  • Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    Wolfshead wrote: »
    Funny that quest giver dont have any clothes or even have voice actor on him that is very poorly made ZoS

Seems like PTS just migrated to Live.
    "To a thing like me, a thing like you, well... Think how you'd feel if a bacterium sat at your table and started to get snarky." -Death

PC EU
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well Kudos on the memento from Azura, it looks really awesome. I haven't seen the ones you get from Vvardenfell yet since I'm waiting to do the quests until we go live, but if they are anything like that then it's a job well done for your design team anyway.

The "quest" itself was a little meh. I know, it's a MMO, everyone is needed to save the world all the time, but my immersion was kinda zero when out of nowehere some guy (lacking hair, clothes and a voice) is waiting for just me to do something very important for him. Then you find the Azura statue, with 20 other people standing around in a meat ring, you venture into a couple of delves that are completely empty of NPCs because everyone else is there too.

At least the final quest area was instanced. The trouble with MMOs is that there are too many other people.
    And I had a good laugh when Rhea vanished, but did manage to leave a detailed note behind when she did, explaining to me exactly what to do and where to go after she had disappeared. How thoughtful of her, and how convenient =D

That writing and handling of the quest made my immersion plummet. But like I said, at least the memento looks awesome ;-p
    Edited by Carbonised on May 9, 2017 7:27AM
  • ChuckyPayne
    ChuckyPayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shadeaux wrote: »
    it's bugged on the Talk to Rhea step on Xbox.

@Shadeaux . Same here, and quest tracker show strange way if I was in Stormheawen.

Here is the solution: do last steps again:
    - Go back to Shadowfen, do what need to do. find cavern; collect 3 items; portal; fight.
    - Talk to Rhea. (Don't use teleport -> it is bugged, reset the last quest phase) just go back to the portal after fight, near the portal there will be ..., finish the quest and you get the memento.
    Edited by ChuckyPayne on May 9, 2017 7:55AM
  • mystfit
    mystfit
    ✭✭✭
    baratron wrote: »
    mystfit wrote: »
    So, is the quest giver (in the Inn of Vulkel Guard) supposed to be wearing only black bikini underpants? He looks cold....

I am far less bothered by his nakedness than the fact he is also bald and missing eyebrows . Everyone was talking about the nudity, but no one mentioned the lack of eyebrows - which is far more disturbing to me.

I wasn't so much bothered by his nakedness as I was distracted by his speedo.l..which may explain why I never noticed he was bald or without eyebrows. My line of sight was downward ;)
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That place is very pretty, purple sky, lighting effects, is that morrowind?
    Pc na
  • GDOFWR420
    GDOFWR420
    ✭✭✭✭
    How long is this quest available for?
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GDOFWR420 wrote: »

Should be permanent, as it's the prelude.
    Pc na
  • GDOFWR420
    GDOFWR420
    ✭✭✭✭
    akl77 wrote: »
    GDOFWR420 wrote: »

Should be permanent, as it's the prelude.

Thank you.
  • andreasv
    andreasv
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jiigen wrote: »
    Wolfshead wrote: »

Seems like PTS just migrated to Live.

Looks like it. And considering that just one simple quest giver is bugged like that, it doesn't bode well for the Morrowind release.
  • Mie87
    Mie87
    ✭✭✭
    Haha I also reveived this quest, the guy was naked and no voice over.
    So I thought to myself 'what is this...' and went to continue my quests in Shadowfen and forgot about it.
  • Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    Mie87 wrote: »
    Haha I also reveived this quest, the guy was naked and no voice over.
    So I thought to myself 'what is this...' and went to continue my quests in Shadowfen and forgot about it.

The rest of the quest is voice acted? Because I gave up the moment that the first NPC was missing everything.
    Less than one month left before launch of Morrowind!.

PC EU
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just done the quest on PS4, not bug at all, and with clothes and voices. :)
    Pc na
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He was just standing at the Elden Root Bank when I noticed a quest icon I never seen before.
  • Bananko
    Bananko
    ✭✭✭✭
    As of this morning (I play on the PC), the quest giver is still only wearing his underwear and he still doesn't have a speaking voice. :open_mouth:

Also, storywise does this quest (and the Morrowind storyline afterward) take place after completing the Main quest and/or the DLC's? If so, then I'll need to complete those first before partaking in either this quest of the upcoming expansion. :(

Edited by Bananko on May 9, 2017 1:23PM
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It is on consoles. I thought it was a quest I missed since I was on an alt. (I didn't remember a creepy quest giver inside the Mournhold bank) This is cool!
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart