The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Yesterday's Patch notes with Morrowind Prologue!

• starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I liked that the boss fight in the end was some what challenging. Not so much so that you couldn't do it, my crafter finished it. o:) But you had to pay attention or you'd run out of mana or stamina resources. Nice change from just rolling through bad guys with no thought or consequences.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMar wrote: »
    I must admit I didn't expect it to kick off so early but did you see the patch notes?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/342533/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-7-13

"you can also kick-off the ESO: Morrowind storyline right now by embarking on a new prologue quest, “The Missing Prophecy.” This quest can be picked up from any Inn and will send you on a mission to track and defeat bandits and Daedra, and in the process, uncover a terrifying prophecy that leads directly to the events of ESO: Morrowind. Upon completion of the quest, you’ll receive the Twilight Shard memento that produces a dazzling tribute to Azura."

This "terryifying prophecy that leads directly to the events of ESO Morrowind" that is uncovered... Is it the prophecy that everyone and everything is going to get heavily NERFED to hell to the point we will all be running around heavy attacking for months to come and there's not a thing anyone in all of Tamriel can do about it?
  • Golnebo
    Golnebo
    ✭✭✭
    Do I have to do this quest on all my characters before they can enter Morrowind?
    PC - EU

{Nemesis the Magnificent} - Wannabe Magician with a nack for accidentally killing everything around him - Aldmeri Dominion High Elf Mastercrafter.
    {Knightmare the Wild} - Fiendish Templar Lady with a must kill attitude - Dunmer by birth - EP by choice.
    {Thinks-he-is-Funny} - Tough EP Argonian Dragon Knight. Drinks his ale in Belkarth - Secretly in love with his battlesister Knightmare the Wild. Battlegrounds King.
    {Son-of-a-Witch} - Confused Nightblade who took up the dark arts of black magic. Literally sits in Mournhold all day doing nothing. Dreams of returning to Dragonstar Arena.
    {Eilalenya Alkinaerith} - Strikingly beautiful High Elf of the Aldmeri Dominion - Seducer of men and elves - Learning the Healer ropes. Heals for fun.
    {Blue Bear-y Pie} - Think-outside-the-box Mastercrafter Warden - Enjoys long walks on the beach - Protector of Tamriel's fauna and wildlife - Breton lady.
    {Neopatra} - Grumpy old Veteran - Wreaks havoc in Cyrodill - loves her grandchildren - Redguard Brute. In case of bad mood she turns into a werewolf.
    {Sneaky little Maraya} - Gorgeous Redguard Bombshell - Evil stamsorc who loves to clear dungeons of monsters.
    {Seven of Nirn} - No-nonsense brutal lady-Orc. Always rambling on about the Covenant. Get with it or get out kinda StamSorcOrc.
    {Reeks-of-Incompetence} - Hangs in the balance DK. Studied to become a dentist. Alcohol made her do nothing all day. Argonian Historian.
    {Doctor Whoops} - Self conscious Sorc . Father to 18 children. None of which are anywhere in sight. Proves shield nerfs wrong. Currently doing vDSA.
    {Daisy Deathbringer} - Foul necromancer that likes to hang at funerals and graveyards. Mostly plays with the dead, does not deal much death.
    {Major Defiler} - Lovely necromancer who likes to study life. Puts the word romance in necromance.
    {Cindiana Jones} - Defected Templar. Very deadly in Battlegrounds. Likes to wander around Cyrodill.
    {Sideskirt Bob} - Nightblade who got his nickname when a lady Nord mentioned his waistline.
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bananko wrote: »
    As of this morning (I play on the PC), the quest giver is still only wearing his underwear and he still doesn't have a speaking voice. :open_mouth:

Also, storywise does this quest (and the Morrowind storyline afterward) take place after completing the Main quest and/or the DLC's? If so, then I'll need to complete those first before partaking in either this quest of the upcoming expansion. :(

It is meant to be in parallel kinda so you can go at any time.

Golnebo wrote: »
    Do I have to do this quest on all my characters before they can enter Morrowind?

Not really no I don't think so. It is just a prologue to prepare us I think.
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think this is a great idea on ZoS's part. We already have a "tie in" to Morrowind with Naryu and the DB quest's, so they didn't have to give us this little extra story line, so KUDOS to you Zos! Thank You!
    BUT!! The voice acting for Azura.... WTH????
    I'm sorry, but IMO and most of my guildies, the voicing for Azurs was horrible. Other than that it was really fun!
    Huzzah!!!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Kharnis
    Kharnis
    ✭✭✭
    I think this is a great idea on ZoS's part. We already have a "tie in" to Morrowind with Naryu and the DB quest's, so they didn't have to give us this little extra story line, so KUDOS to you Zos! Thank You!
    BUT!! The voice acting for Azura.... WTH????
    I'm sorry, but IMO and most of my guildies, the voicing for Azurs was horrible. Other than that it was really fun!
    Huzzah!!!

I thought the same thing regarding Azura's voice acting. It was so jarring when I first heard it, and all I could think was, "There's no way that's Linda Carter." Perhaps the devs thought it wasn't worth the expense of bringing her back for just this one quest line?
    "Technology today is a race between engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof devices, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

- Rich Cook
  • GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to say this quest was lots of fun to me, a nice little surprise. New enemies and new areas designed with a lot of little details. Great animations for some NPCs, an interesting story, objectives that lead to some different old places of Tamriel. A very nice Memento. I really liked this.

There were only a few minor things I noticed:
    - The starting NPC was naked and I think it wasn't the Naked Nord so probably not intended (I met the NPC in the inn in Vulkhel Guard) :O
    - The map in Dyzera's pocket realm in Cold-Blood Cavern was missing the top right corner and the bottom third for me.
    - The final dialogue of Rhea (the one that shows the quest reward at the bottom) had no voice for me.
    - Muz-Shah and Kanzin didn't say anything, not even "hello" when I tried to talk to them at the end of the quest. A bit rude of them :)
    Edited by GaldorP on May 9, 2017 5:47PM
  • PlaidTheImpaler
    PlaidTheImpaler
    Soul Shriven
    I found the guy in an inn in Orsinium. Nekked, bald and no voice. I could read his dialogue though and picked up the quest. Interesting.

I saw Alessio Guillon naked in Skywatch @ the Barbed Hook tavern. He gave me the missing prophest quest, but it shows in the quest list as "Alchemist Writ". When I hover over it, it says "Talk to Rhea"

2q8a45w.jpg
  • PlaidTheImpaler
    PlaidTheImpaler
    Soul Shriven
    I found the guy in an inn in Orsinium. Nekked, bald and no voice. I could read his dialogue though and picked up the quest. Interesting.

I saw Alessio Guillon naked in Skywatch @ the Barbed Hook tavern. He gave me the missing prophest quest, but it shows in the quest list as "Alchemist Writ". When I hover over it, it says "Talk to Rhea"

14npcbc.jpg
  • Galwylin
    Galwylin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure that was Linda Carter but she was so much better in that Dominion quest was soo much better. And I believe we had to rescue one of her priestess then too. What the heck Azura? Can't stop losing your toys? Anyway, I'd swear the script was read straight off the page. Did she just say a bunch of words and ZOS glued them in the order needed?
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

14npcbc.jpg
    Same here..
    Alessio Guillon is just standing there in his black knickers, mute and bald. :open_mouth:
    He's very comfortable with his own body, I can tell. Good on him.
    Edited by Saturnana on May 10, 2017 6:31AM
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine if this quest works normally, with proper clothing, voiced dialogue and hair, proper quest category and everything on the PTS while it doesn't on Live...
    "To a thing like me, a thing like you, well... Think how you'd feel if a bacterium sat at your table and started to get snarky." -Death

PC EU
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jiigen wrote: »
    Imagine if this quest works normally, with proper clothing, voiced dialogue and hair, proper quest category and everything on the PTS while it doesn't on Live...

Yeah that's a bit of a conundrum
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I swear, I hope they don't rush Morrowind like they clearly RUSHED this quest for Morrowind... they couldn't even take the time to make sure he had clothes or a voice-over. Unreal!
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    I swear, I hope they don't rush Morrowind like they clearly RUSHED this quest for Morrowind... they couldn't even take the time to make sure he had clothes or a voice-over. Unreal!

That's the thing though. It works perfectly on the PTS, both clothes and voiceover
    Edited by LMar on May 10, 2017 9:06AM
  • Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    LMar wrote: »
    That's the thing though. It works perfectly on the PTS, both clothes and voiceover

I guess they put the wrong version on live then!
    "To a thing like me, a thing like you, well... Think how you'd feel if a bacterium sat at your table and started to get snarky." -Death

PC EU
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny that the bug with missing clothes and voices apparently only happens on PC. I've just finished the quest yesterday on PS4 and all people there had proper clothes and voices ;-)
  • Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    That makes this entire thing even worse then...

PC EU
  • DaGhostDS
    DaGhostDS
    ✭✭✭
    Funny that the bug with missing clothes and voices apparently only happens on PC. I've just finished the quest yesterday on PS4 and all people there had proper clothes and voices ;-)

Seriously.. i hope it get fixed next Monday.. Im not doing that quest until it's FIXED.
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah eso live mentioned it is beibg fixed this monday. I am also holding off for it to be fixed first