The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS... You can't just leave us hanging.

ScytheNL
ScytheNL
✭✭✭✭
So, I am in the same boat as many other members of this forum. I got an email saying I was going to partake in the closed Beta. Needless to say I was super happy!

Until I found out that it was just a huge troll, since us console players can't actually ACCESS the Beta, too bad, so sad, bye bye.

Now I understand a legitimate mistake... But if it WAS a mistake, why not own up to it? I haven't had a single reply to my e-mails, my forum replies or my forum thread from anyone official. Why not at the very very VERY minimal least apologise for making us happy with nothing? No, in stead you delete my thread asking if someone official could tell us why console players got invites.

You can't just treat people like this, ZOS. It's not nice.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_MattFiror
Ingame:
Ezekiel Zakriah, Redguard Nightblade

Xbox One, GT= Scythe NL
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want them to write everyone personal apology letter ?
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah I was pretty excited when I got the email too. Then when I tried to open up the forum, SURPRISE! ISSA PRANK!
  • Paha_Vaatturi
    Paha_Vaatturi
    ✭✭✭
    Biggest problem here is revoking the access from those who bought ESO for PC after that. Luckily I received my invite for having a PC version, so I can still access it, but I did panic in the morning that I would lose the Beta access since I have a linked PSN account too.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you missed this post from Gina .

ZOS_GinaBruno wrote: »
    Hey guys, apologies for the confusion. We unintentionally sent some emails for beta to some console players. Beta and the PTS is, and remains, only on PC/Mac. Some of you may have received access to the closed beta forum section; this has been resolved, and you no longer have access since this is strictly for beta feedback.

Again, apologies for the mix-up here.
  • ScytheNL
    ScytheNL
    ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys, apologies for the confusion. We unintentionally sent some emails for beta to some console players. Beta and the PTS is, and remains, only on PC/Mac. Some of you may have received access to the closed beta forum section; this has been resolved, and you no longer have access since this is strictly for beta feedback.

I did , where did you find it?
    Ingame:

Xbox One, GT= Scythe NL
  • ScytheNL
    ScytheNL
    ✭✭✭✭

No. But I kind of feel it IS decent to reply to an email.
    Ingame:

Xbox One, GT= Scythe NL
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ScytheNL wrote: »

Dev tracker is the best way to keep up with posts from them: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/tracker
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • ScytheNL
    ScytheNL
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Dev tracker is the best way to keep up with posts from them: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/tracker

Ingame:

Xbox One, GT= Scythe NL
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

If you're using a desktop or tablet browser you'll see a link for it on the top banner, if you're using a phone (or the phone version of the forums) that's missing and you'll have to bookmark the tracker to check it often.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Rhoric
    Rhoric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except some of you don't get it. It wasn't just console players. I am a PC player and only a PC player. I got an invite sent to my old PC beta acct that doesn't have a game purchased on that acct. It says my old beta acct is active - trial yet I can't access the beta.
  • ScytheNL
    ScytheNL
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rhoric wrote: »
    Except some of you don't get it. It wasn't just console players. I am a PC player and only a PC player. I got an invite sent to my old PC beta acct that doesn't have a game purchased on that acct. It says my old beta acct is active - trial yet I can't access the beta.

Yeah, that's messed up as well.
    Ingame:

Xbox One, GT= Scythe NL
  • psxfloh
    psxfloh
    ✭✭✭✭

Bad communication to put such a comment in a random (as there are several!) thread in the forums.. everyone affected should have gotten an email with
    1. an apology
    2. an acceptable solution if you bought a pc version, being one of
      1. a way to get a refund
      2. a way back into the beta

that would be fair and a good way to handle the problem. A single comment in a random thread about the topic is bullsh*t and a slap in the face for loyal customers..
  • ScytheNL
    ScytheNL
    ✭✭✭✭
    psxfloh wrote: »

Bad communication to put such a comment in a random (as there are several!) thread in the forums.. everyone affected should have gotten an email with
    1. an apology
      1. a way to get a refund

that would be fair and a good way to handle the problem. A single comment in a random thread about the topic is bullsh*t and a slap in the face for loyal customers..

Agreed
    Ingame:

Xbox One, GT= Scythe NL
  • Majeure
    Majeure
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, yes they can.

What would be worse, is if console players simply weren't eligible for beta access because they own the game on console and not on the PC, so it's better like this.

Is it the most ideal situation? No, but what can they do about it, it's not like they can have a beta running on console with the rapid update cycle and all, seeing as for console they have to get everything approved by $ony and Micro$oft, a beta is just not feasible on those platforms.
  • psxfloh
    psxfloh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Majeure wrote: »
    Yes, yes they can.

What would be worse, is if console players simply weren't eligible for beta access because they own the game on console and not on the PC, so it's better like this.

Is it the most ideal situation? No, but what can they do about it, it's not like they can have a beta running on console with the rapid update cycle and all, seeing as for console they have to get everything approved by $ony and Micro$oft, a beta is just not feasible on those platforms.

What I gathered is that no one who was invited to the Morrowind Beta is asking for a pts on console or something...
    It's all about players expected to have access to the beta if they already have (an old) pc account or buy a pc version of eso and create a new account and/or link it to their console account.

It's like a friend of yours invited you to a football game in his city, you booked a flight and a hotel, and all of a sudden he claims it was a misunderstanding and he has no ticket for you.. sorry!
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. an apology
      1. a way to get a refund

Ok . I was just showing an apology post was made made . I hope you get a resolution .
  • psxfloh
    psxfloh
    ✭✭✭✭

1. an apology
      1. a way to get a refund

Ok . I was just showing an apology post was made made . I hope you get a resolution .

Hey, I hope you don't think I wanted to take a swipe at you.. <3
    At ZOS yes.. at you, no! o:)
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. an apology
      1. a way to get a refund

Hey, I hope you don't think I wanted to take a swipe at you.. <3
    At ZOS yes.. at you, no! o:)

It's all good . I can see where that would be frustrating . :smile:
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, a second email after the initial invitation to explain the mishap would've been nice though.
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • ScytheNL
    ScytheNL
    ✭✭✭✭
    Majeure wrote: »
    Yes, yes they can.

You don't get it.

We got invites that we can IN NO WAY USE. Some of us actually BOUGHT THE PC VERSION to be able to play the Beta but they couldn't because the invitation was linked to their CONSOLE ID.
    Ingame:

Xbox One, GT= Scythe NL
  • ZOS_CoriJ
    ZOS_CoriJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As this issue has already been redirected to the appropriate public responses, we are closing this discussion as a dupe. Please continue discussion here if you would like to keep up conversation.

This discussion should not be posted in Customer Support as it has nothing to do with a request for technical assistance.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

No longer available to take PMs or messages: Please defer to another Moderator
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.