The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Problem with ESO customer support.

TheLastZendai
TheLastZendai
✭✭✭
RE: ticket # 170415-002710

Yesterday, I received a warning notification for posting my guild website URL in chat. So, I asked customer support to provide me with the clause prohibiting this. I was provided with this clause:

2.3 Derogatory, defamatory or offensive content used in conjunction with names of famous or important historical, political, religious figures or website URL's are not allowed.

Now, while this clause DOES prohibit the posting or website URLs IN CONJUCTION WITH deragatory, defamatory, or offensive content, it DOES NOT state that the posting of URLs in public chat channels is prohibited.

I asked, twice, for the exact clause that prohibited my posting of guild URLs in public chat channels, they pointed to the same clause, twice.

Now, while I am complying with their request to no longer post URLs in public chat channels, I have done so under protest, as posting guild website URLs has been pretty common practice in MMOs for many years. A policy is being enforced here that does not exist in the Code of Conduct or the Terms of Service, which smacks of a support staff making up rules as they go along, and then taking disciplinary action against players who have NO WAY of knowing this policy exists, until they get reported for it by other players.

Now, I'm posting this here because I want to bring as much attention as I can to this matter. Your customer support is enforcing a policy that doesn't exist, or only exists in the minds of the support staff, and does not have a clause to support said policy.

Either you need to have a clause that supports players posting links that support in-game activities, OR you need a clause that prohibits the posting of any and all URLs in public chat channels (you should note that such a policy supporting the latter would prohibit the posting of official Elder Scrolls Online weblinks, such as posting the URL to these forums, in public chat channels).

Either way, you need a clause that prohibits such behavior, otherwise, you are enforcing a non-existent policy on unsuspecting players, which is grossly unfair to your player base and those who support your game.

It makes me wonder what other things players are doing that are against your policy that do not exist in your Code of Conduct or Terms of Service and are being enforced on players who have no way of knowing they exist.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Edited by TheLastZendai on April 17, 2017 1:23AM
Valorion the Lightbringer, Beacons of Anu"Power wielded without wisdom is power used in weakness."
  • TheLastZendai
    TheLastZendai
    ✭✭✭
    After 8 e-mails worth of arguing back and forth, I finally received this reply:

"Thank you for voicing your concerns regarding our Terms of Service and Code of Conduct and bringing this to our attention. Thank you for your cooperation and concern regarding our policies, and your feedback has been escalated to the appropriate parties."

So, whether something will be done about the matter or not, I don't know, but hopefully, something will change for the better in the future.

I want to thank ESO support staff for showing patience and for actually listening, as matters such as this need to be made clear to players.
    Valorion the Lightbringer, Beacons of Anu"Power wielded without wisdom is power used in weakness."
    Options
  • Tendrielle
    Tendrielle
    ✭✭✭
    Did you get a better response from the parties it was escalated to?
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE may be able to help you here. They will likely need a ticket number to see the history of the ticket.

Someone likely reported the URL posting for Zos to take action. Further, the only justification for not permitting URLs to be posted, outside of an URL being offensive in itself, is that trolls can post URLs to offensive websites and disguise them as innocent looking. But there should be no reason that a guild URL posted in guild chat or private message should bring about this warning. If this was posted in zone chat I would find that odd as there is really no reason for that. Most in zone chat could care less about any guild website.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goodness... what is on your guild web page that got the ZOS panties all in a knot? :scream:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Goodness... what is on your guild web page that got the ZOS panties all in a knot? :scream:

that is a good question.....
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you think about it, someone had to have reported this to Zos to get their attention. While it is not usual to post guild URLs in zone chat I would expect there is possibly more to the story. I am expecting we will not get the answer to that.
    Options
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

If you think about it, someone had to have reported this to Zos to get their attention. While it is not usual to post guild URLs in zone chat I would expect there is possibly more to the story. I am expecting we will not get the answer to that.

Agreed, the OP may not play the game anymore ... much less have the guild website URL still active.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necro. And I did not notice it. :disappointed:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • ZOS_FalcoYamaoka
    Greetings,
    We've closed this thread given its age and that some information may be out of date. If you wish to continue discussing this topic please create a new thread.
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.