Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Join the ESO Free Play Week!"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
afe0d6e87542b864b3b30672410004de.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the Join the ESO Free Play Week! blog article.

Thinking about exploring Tamriel in The Elder Scrolls Online? Starting tomorrow, you and your friends can play ESO free on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC/Mac for a limited time! Read our announcement article for everything you need to know about this special event!
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can't wait, super excited. :).
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My goodness a crown sale. YES! THANK YOU.

Oh, and new people! Awesome!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. Looks like PS4 players do not need to subscribe to PS Plus?
    Edited by Elsonso on April 10, 2017 2:37PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Bladorthin
    Bladorthin
    ✭✭✭
    Yay!!!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Interesting. Looks like PS4 players do not need to subscribe to PS Plus?

Correct!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Will free players benefit from anniversary rewards?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    Will free players benefit from anniversary rewards?

Hah, literally just replied to your question about this in the other thread, but yes. Anything found in the base game, including events, will be available for those participating in the Free Play Week.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice! I'll try and poke a few people I know into trying the game or going back to their free weekend accounts.

Also Crown Sale! \o/
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Malbec_Sonvida
    I would like some clarification please so I can inform our non-ESO players in our Gaming Community.

The article only refers to Steam for PC/Mac. Does that mean PC/Mac users cannot download game from ESO's Official Webpage?

Seems strange limiting PC players to just Steam.

Thanks in advance

Mal
    Malbec-Sonvida - Sorcerer
    Malbec-Donapaula - Dragon Knight

www.eternal-dawn.net
  • Elder_Martin
    Elder_Martin
    ✭✭✭
    Will the Wrobel target dummy be available in the crown store during this free to play week? If so, how many crowns will he cost?
    I am the real Mudcrab Merchant.
    Gamertag - Elder Martin
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will accounts created for this event and then abandoned be excluded from general player base metrics?

Specifically of concern are those that are used to determine if a volume of players are using in-game features. From forum posts from a while back prioritization of game improvements like max banking, max inventory, housing features were noted to have been driven by these metrics.
    Edited by lonewolf26 on April 10, 2017 7:22PM
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lonewolf26 wrote: »
    Will accounts created for this event and then abandoned be excluded from general player base metrics?

Specifically of concern are those that are used to determine if a volume of players are using in-game features. From forum posts from a while back prioritization of game improvements like max banking, max inventory, housing features were noted to have been driven by these metrics.

Very good question!
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FINALLY a Crown Sale... and XP Scroll sale too... always nice for helping boost a new character... especially with the Warden just a couple months away!! ;)
    CP: 1920 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you for the crown sale! I'll try to see if any of my IRL gaming friends would like to try out ESO too!
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • Darkrock
    Darkrock
    ✭✭
    Hmm, this might be an opportunity to get the developers to adopt another way of promoting their game... About 24 hours ago I started to download the game from Norway (an average of about 200k/sec...). At this moment I'm at 21.706 MB remaining, having started at 40k+. So 1 full day to get half of the listed files, yet still only 10%, as the launcher counts it. I'm hoping that means the installing etc is taking some %, even if not that much time to finish...

Could you guys get real and make a playable initial download like modern games do, and then have my PC download the additional files as I play the early content???
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    For something like that, I usually let my computer download it while I slept. It's a large game ~60 GB so it would take longer. I know what you mean. Games like Guild Wars 2 did it. I feel like with how ESO is set up, it wouldn't be able to allow you to do that. The initial Cold Harbor introductory zone takes about 10 min, and with multiple factions having extremely large and complex areas, as well as allowing the player to go anywhere at any level. With GW2, you are basically stuck in that starting zone until you get to a high enough level and complete all the main quests of that zone. I also don't think certain mechanics in GW2 are as difficult as in ESO...

I might be wrong, but that is how I see it
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • shahwar
    shahwar
    Soul Shriven
    For Malaysian PSN/PS4 Store, the Free version and the discounted prices are not applicable. Anyway to check?