The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

No CP PVP is Great!

• Fodore
    Fodore
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe if there was no campaign limit and you could leaderboard on every campaign your toon went in then more would of played non cp , but I'm guessing majority of people like cp .. but for me non cp is even more so unbalanced

Stam rules
    Zerg rules
    Procs rules
    Siege ( only thing happy with ) nobody should be able to withstand siege onslaught
    Poisons why oh why
    Light armour RIP

I run 5 light 2 heavy pretty well, just need to be disciplined about your buffs/shields
    Before judging a man walk a mile in his shoes.
    After that who cares?
    They're a mile away and you've got their shoes.
  • ZOS_JohanaB
    ZOS_JohanaB
    ✭✭✭✭
    A few comments have been removed from this thread for bait and rude comments, Please remember to follow the community rules as this thread continues. Additionally we've moved this thread to PvP Combat & Skills.
    Staff Post
  • MightyBantam34
    MightyBantam34
    ✭✭✭
    I am disciplined, but 5k shield on light armour , one proc of viper and that's nearly gone lol
    And majority run viper it's hard work..1v1 I'm fine but 1v2 and more might as well throw the towel in as no amount of skill is gonna keep me alive even against those with no thumbs
  • d3nbark3r
    d3nbark3r
    ✭✭✭
    ItsMeToo wrote: »
    This no CP is a big fail. Same lag/crashes/long load screens.

Cheaters... Cheaters... and more Cheaters

Get rid of the Cheaters and their hacks. This will help fix the main problems with lag and make the game more fun.

Addons are part of the lag problem too. Too much data going back and forth from servers and clients.

Lmao because everyone plays ESO on PC with lots of add ons and hackers :'l you are aware there are 4 console mega servers and 2 PC ones right? And even without the add ons and the hackers, you get a few destro ults or abilities with fancy animations going off and the game locks up and says how about no, I'm casting that cap close for you 4 times in a row then not allowing you to switch bars to try rectify the fact you gap closed someone 4 times in a row.

They knew all along why the game doesnt perform well and has spiralled down hill since day 1... they have said countless times.... ANIMATIONS.

And its not just the new snazzy animations they needlessly put in either, remember back in the day when we all run around on horses or simple feline or guar based mounts? Now every other person has a storm atro mount, blue silly looking ghost cat thing or some kind of sparkly mount that added more needless animations.

In 2017 you mean to tell me the game engine doing simple math algorithms based on numbers is causing lag when regardless of cp it still needs to calculate dmg etc anyway? Pfffft okay (y)
    If you like, have been inspired by or agree with the threads I start, please take your time to check an option at the bottom of the post, thanks! :') ;)
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    BRogueNZ wrote: »
    Seemed to encourage bigger groups, about all I noticed.

Because now you need to focus a lot harder on your own recovery, damage, heals. Big group = more templars = more sustain and heals.

It is also easier for a group of 5 to kill 1 person with little effort, same applies for a group of 10 against a group of 3 and so on.

I said it before many times and i will say it again, The CP system is probably the worst thing that happened to ESO in PvE and PvP, there could had been other ways to make builds more "diverse" and "unique" than this, but this is my opinion.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • Eocosa
    Eocosa
    ✭✭✭
    I have been really enjoying myself.

My personal experience has been that people can no longer simply stand there and not die while 6+ players wail on them, and while it may be controversial I believe this is a good thing.

While I appreciate that they can not do much damage and are vastly more skilled then I am, I simply do not believe ANYONE should be able to take on more than 6 players at the same time.

Cyrodiil is meant to be larger scale pvp which, for better or worse, caters to numbers and coordination more than individual skill. IC and the future battlegrounds seem to cater to smaller scale and individual skill.

Thus something that balances this out is a good thing in my book.
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @d3nbark3r if you have any experience in PC MMO gaming the name HERO engine sounds familiar. The official version is that ZOS used it as a "whiteboard" and written their own enginge based on that. But the countless similarities to other HERO engine MMOs and very similar massive pvp problems (exactly the same as in other HERO engine game - SWOTR) tell me that the problem is much deeper and judging what bioware did - cutting that massive pvp mode off completely last time i played the game, it doesnt bode well.
  • Nellzer
    Nellzer
    ✭✭✭
    SnubbS wrote: »
    It's just as laggy, and slightly harder to 1vX -- and gankers are now three times better. WOOO SO MUCH BETTER.

It was never meant to remove lag or make things easier to do when facing groups. If you werent paying attention. The point is to see if theres a difference between CP PvP and Non-CP PvP. If you think this was a "fix".....You need to tune in a bit more.

Wait what? ZOS' theory is that champion points add a significant load to what the game needs to process. Isn't the ENTIRE point to this no CP week is to identify if CP is indeed the cause of most of the Cyrodiil lag so they can diagnose and fix it?

Edited by Nellzer on February 28, 2017 2:28PM
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope this event makes Azura's more popular on console. I'd love to have access to fair fights 24/7. No CP definitely shows how bad people actually get carried by their passives =/
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • d3nbark3r
    d3nbark3r
    ✭✭✭
    @sadownik

EXACTLY!! Someone actually knows lol. The flaws bugs and glitches are so far imbedded within the games coding that they literally just layer over the top every patch instead of tracing the problem and surgically removing it from the program file, this is the exact reason day 1 bugs still remain, they can't even trace the original source anymore. Novice mistake :/

Sometimes I feel like they should literally just start from scratch and write ESO off as a massive fail. Am sure they met there cash targets long ago lol.
    Edited by d3nbark3r on February 28, 2017 2:36PM
    If you like, have been inspired by or agree with the threads I start, please take your time to check an option at the bottom of the post, thanks! :') ;)
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ItsMeToo wrote: »
    This no CP is a big fail. Same lag/crashes/long load screens.

Cheaters... Cheaters... and more Cheaters

Get rid of the Cheaters and their hacks. This will help fix the main problems with lag and make the game more fun.

Addons are part of the lag problem too. Too much data going back and forth from servers and clients.

Lol best post of the thread. Now I know whos sending those rage PMs in 1vX.
  • Nellzer
    Nellzer
    ✭✭✭
    Moglijuana wrote: »
    I hope this event makes Azura's more popular on console. I'd love to have access to fair fights 24/7. No CP definitely shows how bad people actually get carried by their passives =/

That's not very accurate at all, everyone has access to the same passives in CP PvP. Sure, if you're not CP capped you're at a disadvantage, but the same top echelon of players in CP PvP will still dominate in no CP.

If you're CP 20 and going into Cyrodiil getting wrecked by a max CP player that is bad, just because he has CP advantage, that's your own fault for going into the campaign at that level...
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's awful. If you're Magicka you're screwed. Before CP stamina was deadly and could survive way easier than Magicka.

CP helped alleviate that stamina dominance

that is simply wrong.

MAg ruled before cp. Even called elder staves online for a long time. Stam was brought close to balance in 1.5 and then 1.6 dropped with cp. CP created the stam dominance. THings like unchained for instance. PLus remember when cp increased physical damage but did not mitigate it? Remeber when nirn was broken and negating like all mag damage???

mag is just fine. l2p.
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nellzer wrote: »
    Moglijuana wrote: »

That's not very accurate at all, everyone has access to the same passives in CP PvP. Sure, if you're not CP capped you're at a disadvantage, but the same top echelon of players in CP PvP will still dominate in no CP.

If you're CP 20 and going into Cyrodiil getting wrecked by a max CP player that is bad, just because he has CP advantage, that's your own fault for going into the campaign at that level...

I think you misunderstood what I meant. What I've been noticing is some of the"Top Echelon of Players" that normally offer long and engaging fights in CP campaigns have been falling over like dominoes. The only thing that has changed, has been the loss of CP and the passives gained from them. Builds that require no skill like Blazing Shield Templars for example, are now completely useless and just prove the point of how bad ppl get carried by their CP to let them do well in PvP.

Another thing I noticed, is that there are a few Low CP players who are actually quite good at PvP and I am happy that they can experience an even playing field for the first time in a packed campaign. Letting everyone compete at the same level is great, for new and old players alike.

And to be honest, I kind of hope that after this test, ZOS will decide to make battlegrounds no CP. That would ensure all groups/players going in are on a level playing field and it would prevent overly powerful groups. Im currently at 778 CP and while I do love the strength of my character's, I enjoy balanced gameplay much more.
    Edited by Moglijuana on February 28, 2017 3:34PM
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • d3nbark3r
    d3nbark3r
    ✭✭✭
    bowmanz607 wrote: »
    It's awful. If you're Magicka you're screwed. Before CP stamina was deadly and could survive way easier than Magicka.

that is simply wrong.

MAg ruled before cp. Even called elder staves online for a long time. Stam was brought close to balance in 1.5 and then 1.6 dropped with cp. CP created the stam dominance. THings like unchained for instance. PLus remember when cp increased physical damage but did not mitigate it? Remeber when nirn was broken and negating like all mag damage???

mag is just fine. l2p.

Lmao they obviously didnt witness magic dk with dynamic ulti :wink:
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    d3nbark3r wrote: »
    bowmanz607 wrote: »

that is simply wrong.

mag is just fine. l2p.

Lmao they obviously didnt witness magic dk with dynamic ulti :wink:

heck i remember when two resto stave mag nb were top tier dps.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completely killed my hybrid

Had to go to the same build as any mag sorc

No CP = Bland af
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im loving it. Fights seem to go back and forth more and no one has unlimited resources without being weaker, like balance. You have to run impen. You cant mindlessly spam abilities. And best of all is skill is a factor, especially outnumbered. Sorcs who would jump into crowds of 10 players are getting nuked, as they should always. Gankers arent hitting nearly as hard and actually have to fight to get the win.

Best move ESO devs made in a long time.
    Edited by Lokey0024 on February 28, 2017 4:16PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lokey0024 wrote: »
    Im loving it. Fights seem to go back and forth more and no one has unlimited resources without being weaker, like balance. You have to run impen. You cant mindlessly spam abilities. And best of all is skill is a factor, especially outnumbered. Sorcs who would jump into crowds of 10 players are getting nuked, as they should always. Gankers arent hitting nearly as hard and actually have to fight to get the win.

Yeah BiS gear ONLY! (find it funny you think players didn't have impen before... in fact impen now is capped making critical attacks even more potent)

Everyone is talkin about Zergs (cause everyone is in them now) but small scale blows.

Im running, transmutation, tk, and Alchemist. My sustain, impen, and spell dmg is all at the same numbers as CP, just forced me to drop my hybrid.

Oh and so far only found pairs of stam NBs ganking, everywhere, no more lone wolves. Oh and 8k incap strike is more than common.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ExcaliburESO
    ExcaliburESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always played on cp campaings, but i must admit no cp is so much better.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always played on cp campaings, but i must admit no cp is so much better.

And what build do you run?
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lokey0024 wrote: »

I agree with all of this except the impen part. I had literally 0 crit resist yesterday and it didn't matter at all. If anything it only hardened my anti-impen stance.

But I'm weird, so I probably don't count. :)
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol hybrid sorc :D
  • Devilhand
    Devilhand
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe if there was no campaign limit and you could leaderboard on every campaign your toon went in then more would of played non cp , but I'm guessing majority of people like cp .. but for me non cp is even more so unbalanced

Stam rules
    Zerg rules
    Procs rules
    Siege ( only thing happy with ) nobody should be able to withstand siege onslaught
    Poisons why oh why
    Light armour RIP

What he said...

If you remove CP's then balance the game towards it, and that means:

- Remove poisons (impossible to sustain)
    - Reduce siege damage. (Coldfire stone treb = 17k dmg... lol)
    - Reduce damage output from NPC's.

But still all I see is even more zergs... Beacuse people is unable to run small groups. Yesterday, I jumped in TF around 13:00 EST, and the amount of zergs was unbelivable (+50 players of the same faction zerging) for that early of a day.

The above were buffed/revamped when CP's came out, or were added specificaly for CP campaigns => Poisons (I am all "take them out", since they are insanely OP and make the zerglings have an easier job killing soloers beacuse of their imcompetence, in other words its ZOS way to "balance" the "casual player" (lol...) agaisnt expereinced pvp'ers.)

I don't think balance will be achievable until ZOS FIX the broken skills (instead of adding new stuff). And maybe, only crafted set's should be allowed in Cyrodill, other wise "Procs" sets (Damage ones...) will always be OP since it does'nt requiere the player to actually use more than 1 skill to do a significant amount of damage.

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »

@FENGRUSH seen my post or clips yet? If not gtfo, I purposely ignore you and you still find a way to be a N'wah.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@FENGRUSH seen my post or clips yet? If not gtfo, I purposely ignore you and you still find a way to be a N'wah.

Have you seen my hybrid sorc? :D

If its the one in your link I just looked at it now. I like the 1vX clip showcasing this build.

First target, level 39 (No CP), second target, 73CP, third target, also 73 CP.

Second clip, 193 CP, 165 CP, 11CP.

And then you wonder why your hybrid sorc doesnt work in nonCP, LOL. Should be flagged for false advertisement.

Here's my hybrid sorc on nonCP campaign. You just need to be Lord of the Covenant for this one: https://youtu.be/9UMbmxK8yYs?t=331
  • cdobratz
    cdobratz
    ✭✭✭

If its the one in your link I just looked at it now. I like the 1vX clip showcasing this build.

And then you wonder why your hybrid sorc doesnt work in nonCP, LOL. Should be flagged for false advertisement.

Here's my hybrid sorc on nonCP campaign. You just need to be Lord of the Covenant for this one: https://youtu.be/9UMbmxK8yYs?t=331

And on the seventh day, the lord destroyed a noob
    NA-PC
    Calamity Ganon - DC Magic Sorc
    Escape Velocity - DC Stam NB
    Bears Beets Battlestár - DC Stamplar
    Bears Beets Battlestar - DC Stam DK
    Dr. John Dorian - DC Magic DK
    Kojima's Revenge - EP Magic Sorc
    dafack - AD Magic NB
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fodore wrote: »

Stam rules
    Zerg rules
    Procs rules
    Poisons why oh why
    Light armour RIP

I run 5 light 2 heavy pretty well, just need to be disciplined about your buffs/shields

The poison thing is the most ridiculous. Petrol on a burning dumpster fire.
  • cdobratz
    cdobratz
    ✭✭✭
    Nellzer wrote: »
    cdobratz wrote: »

And on the seventh day, the lord destroyed a noob

And on the 8th day, a scrub cupped the false god's balls.

Hold my beer.
    NA-PC
    Calamity Ganon - DC Magic Sorc
    Escape Velocity - DC Stam NB
    Bears Beets Battlestár - DC Stamplar
    Bears Beets Battlestar - DC Stam DK
    Dr. John Dorian - DC Magic DK
    Kojima's Revenge - EP Magic Sorc
    dafack - AD Magic NB
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @FENGRUSH I love how you ignored the PRIMARY clip of dueling nothing but 561, about 6 or 7 top tier builds.

Whatever, you're just an egotistical jerk

And did you just post a video of a hybrid after mocking the very idea? While using LoS. Seriously @$!# off
    Edited by Waffennacht on February 28, 2017 6:23PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds