Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Account was hacked!

Anhra
Anhra
Soul Shriven
I can not describe in words my anger on the game developers. Someone hacked my account and changed his first name and second name. To change the password, I wanted to use "Forgot your password", but in order to do this - you need to enter the first name and the second name. I have the key of the game, which proves that I bought it. There are letters to the activation of your account, I know the UserID. I can't contact support (on web-site), because there I need to login. I can not create an account on the forum, because I did not receive a letter when I bought the game. It turns out that if, for example, I typed name, but made a mistake - I can not return my account. Should I buy the game again?

P.S. ESO English Support answered this:

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting the Bethesda Team. If you are contacting us in regards to The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, please go to https://help.elderscrollsonline.com and login with your game login details to open a help ticket. This will assist our Support Team in addressing your issue more efficiently.

But how?? I can't log in! Please, I'm exhausted.
  • ChandraNalaar
    ChandraNalaar
    ✭✭✭
  • Anhra
    Anhra
    Soul Shriven
    Uuhmm..what should I do with that?
  • BTHRZeroX
    BTHRZeroX
    ✭✭
    Try hitting them up on Twitter, they can help some times via that.

https://twitter.com/TESOnline
    EU AD PS4 Dragonknight - Werewolf
    EU AD PS4 Nightblade
    EU DC PS4 Sorcerer - Vampire
    EU EH PS4 Nightblade
    EU EH PS4 Templar - Vampire
  • Anhra
    Anhra
    Soul Shriven
    Oh, I understood. I think.
  • Anhra
    Anhra
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you a lot!
  • Malorey45738
    Malorey45738
    ✭✭✭
    I think it sends a notification to the person to tell them about your story.

I do wish ESO would use a smartphone key or some kind of secondary login to be safe, like FFXIV or SWTOR does. I've never been hacked...touch wood...but you do hear about it happening so often these days.
  • Anhra
    Anhra
    Soul Shriven
    The worst thing is that you don't even think about it before it happens to you.
  • BTHRZeroX
    BTHRZeroX
    ✭✭
    No problem good luck getting your stuff back.
    EU AD PS4 Dragonknight - Werewolf
    EU AD PS4 Nightblade
    EU DC PS4 Sorcerer - Vampire
    EU EH PS4 Nightblade
    EU EH PS4 Templar - Vampire
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    You should also change the password of the email account you have associated with your ES account and change any other accounts you have on the net that use that password.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anhra wrote: »
    I can not describe in words my anger on the game developers. Someone hacked my account and changed his first name and second name.
    I hope you can get this situation corrected.

Once you do, enhance your password as to make it harder to break. "Hacks" are usually the combination of two things: easy passwords and accounts that don't auto-lock after 3 attempts, ZoS.

Since we know ZoS doesn't account lock, it's up to you to beef your security.

PROTIPS:
    - Use your FIRST name and FIRST AND LAST middle initial letters to complete your first name entry. For example, John Eustace Doe becomes "JohnEE" as the first name.
    - Enter your LAST name but do NOT include the last letter! As with the example above, the last name would be "Do". *IF* the server has a minimum 3 characters, then DOUBLE the last letter (ie, "Doee").
    - Don't use your real birthdate. Instead, use the same month, but change the date and year. For example, a birthday of June 5th, 1994 becomes June 1, 1995! The "1" of the day will help you to remember to add one to the year. ;)

A gaming site has no business knowing your true credentials, so take it upon yourself to beef up your security.

As for passwords, don't use common dictionary words. The best passwords are taking the letters of your favorite movie(s), song(s), or TV show(s) with a special character and number you can remember (preferably 4 digits).
    For example, PofC12.Br.34 is a strong password (Pirates of the Carribean, Blade Runner, and 1234 for example use only).

I'm not blaming you for the hack, so please don't feel this way. I'm providing info to help you avoid it in the future. Not to this site, but every site. ;)

• ZOS_CoriJ
    ZOS_CoriJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you click log-in, go to "Suspended/Compromised" to submit a ticket.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

No longer available to take PMs or messages: Please defer to another Moderator
    Staff Post
  • Anhra
    Anhra
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS_CoriJ wrote: »

If you click log-in, go to "Suspended/Compromised" to submit a ticket.

I did. Several days ago. Still waiting. Decided to start doing at least something.
  • ZOS_CoriJ
    ZOS_CoriJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you provide your ticket number so we can make sure it is with the proper team to solve this?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

No longer available to take PMs or messages: Please defer to another Moderator
    Staff Post
  • Anhra
    Anhra
    Soul Shriven
    Of course, 170220-000539, 170219-001133. I got several xD
  • kagorsa
    kagorsa
    ✭✭✭
    I've had my login details stolen from a company along with millions of other users, but they only sent out emails last month instead of when it happend. the only game that was affected was GTA5, I managed to get my account back in under 10 minutes. the user that had my account was from Iran. So for me it wasn't about the strength of the password, they just stole everything.

As for your problem, It sounds more likely you made a mistake somewhere, and it hasn't been hacked, also it seems you have a second account otherwise you wouldn't be posting :).
    Barbed wire has so many uses. Please bear in mind I have writing Dyslexia & I use Grammarly to help me type.
  • Anhra
    Anhra
    Soul Shriven
    That's right, but to log into the account I have to type my E-mail and password and If I can't log in - use the "forgot password" system, in which I am to type my first name and last name, when I write those - nothing happens, it is said "Could not find account matching those details.",

So I want to change all of the information, including first name, last name, mail and password.

I have the activation code of the game, so I can prove that I bought it.
  • Anhra
    Anhra
    Soul Shriven
    3rd day of waiting began :(
  • Anhra
    Anhra
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah! Everything is done. I got my account back. Thank you a lot, guys!
  • Knights12
    Knights12
    ✭✭
    Awesome to hear that you got your account back! ZOS catches a ton of flack but I've always had good experiences when I've had an issue!