The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Homestead is Now Live for PC & Mac!"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
963253d58ea4b787134160fe890f0b94.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the Homestead is Now Live for PC & Mac! blog article.

It's move-in day across Tamriel! Starting today, everyone who owns The Elder Scrolls Online on PC and Mac can dive into player housing, furniture crafting, Master Crafting Writs, and more. Welcome to Homestead!

Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • cynaes
    cynaes
    ✭✭✭
    You've made quite a few balance passes with Homestead (as with the last update). Any chance for a temporary decrease in respec-costs, as we've had with one of the lasts updates? If you have a lot of characters with a lot of skill points, costs become quite prohibitive.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cynaes wrote: »
    You've made quite a few balance passes with Homestead (as with the last update). Any chance for a temporary decrease in respec-costs, as we've had with one of the lasts updates? If you have a lot of characters with a lot of skill points, costs become quite prohibitive.

I agree. We also have seen a MASSIVE change in one of the destruction passives - suddenly any frost casters may become tanks by heavy attacking.. so either they taunt or can't heavy attack for resources.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    963253d58ea4b787134160fe890f0b94.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the Homestead is Now Live for PC & Mac! blog article.

It's move-in day across Tamriel! Starting today, everyone who owns The Elder Scrolls Online on PC and Mac can dive into player housing, furniture crafting, Master Crafting Writs, and more. Welcome to Homestead!

ZOS, could we please get an official response to the question of this one here?:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/319249/zos-why-is-the-housing-preview-tab-now-showing-the-prices-and-caps#latest

This one is thankful in advance
    With fluffy ears and tail too
    Maoimii the cat
    Edited by altemriel on February 7, 2017 10:26AM
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do we have to wait for the 21st
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the ps4 get a new theme as well i can hope
  • Almakor
    Almakor
    ✭✭✭
    Without extra storage it's a complete waste of gold; my bank and bags are already overflowing. Every other online game I know with housing has storage space.
  • GwJSVDShark
    GwJSVDShark
    ✭✭✭
    Any one else stuck in an endless download/install/repair/redownload/reinstall/rerepair/and once again downloading?

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This one heard that you are going to add an option for this one, to store their shinny shinny loot to the house of this one (storage!!!).
    Will you do it ZOS please asap???

With determined fur
    Maoimii, the Vampire Shade of Night and Death

Edited by altemriel on February 7, 2017 1:22PM
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    This one heard that you are going to add an option for this one, to stack their shinny shinny loot to the house of this one. Will you do it ZOS please asap???

With determined fur
    Maoimii, the Vampire Shade of Night and Death

My home will be in a gothic noble vampire like style daggerfall overlook is my choice home
  • Franieck
    Franieck
    ✭✭✭✭
    FIX the broken meshes resulting from this update, PLEASE!!!!
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I must say. I was pleasantly surprised at the crown cost for furnished homes.

On the downside, the drop rate for furniture mats is very frustrating. I farmed for 4 hours last night and still didn't have enough ( like 7) bast to craft a bed. C'mon!! We told you guys for weeks on pts. There are many threads with overwhelmingly consistent feedback that these are too low. Please bump them up.
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what happened after this patch but the Nixad's sneeze doesn't make the cute little sound anymore, and that makes me sad :(
    Edited by Abeille on February 8, 2017 7:15PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • asmcintb14_ESO
    asmcintb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Honestly, player housing is really poorly balanced for the game's economy. For future reference, 56,000 gold is not a small amount for any player to drop, and is not a reasonable price for a dinky one-room house that's way smaller on the inside than its exterior represents, particularly when housing is instanced so there's no competition between players for it. And let's not even get into the 1,015,000 I saw for a home that I'd consider the bare minimum acceptable for size.

Jesus Christ, what drugs were y'all on when you came up with the prices?
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Could you ask the team about us getting a toggleable grid overlay for the furnishing editor to make it easier to line pieces of furniture up better?
  • Absolut_Turkey
    Absolut_Turkey
    ✭✭✭
    The prices are fair. Big houses aren't supposed to be cheap. Making money in ESO isn't difficult. Only if you're lazy.
    Omniel Morningstar - Khajiit - Nightblade
    Veyron Galerion - Altmer - Sorcerer
    Star-Caller - Argonian - Templar
    Aradriel Nightwood - Bosmer - Warden
    Vermillion Alexander - Imperial - Dragonknight
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    when could we expect to get storage into housing? (with gold please)
  • asmcintb14_ESO
    asmcintb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    The prices are fair. Big houses aren't supposed to be cheap. Making money in ESO isn't difficult. Only if you're lazy.

I don't even want a big house, I want something reasonably sized. Furthermore, I hardly think not wanting to spend 10 hours to get the amount of gold I need is "lazy", it's simply finding such an extreme grind horribly distasteful. The economy in this game is not so inflated that 56,000 gold for a one-room bungalow barely more spacious than a room at the tavern is in any way reasonable. Don't you dare come at me with that elitist horseshit.
  • Messy1
    Messy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I have a bunch of designs now and I have my free apartment, a bigger apartment that I purchased and a small house "Cyrodilic Jungle" . . . Here is how my first room has turned out

Screenshot_20170301_004105.png