The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Game Crashes Every Day PS4 Pro

kylewwefan
kylewwefan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Why does this game keep crashing on my PS4 Pro? Crashes in dungeons, trials, dye station, crafting station, horse training, bank, running through town etc. Chat is also randomly broken for some reason, but this seems to affect many people and not necessarily a PS4 Pro issue alone.

Is there any patch coming? Some kind of fix? I send the error report and let you know how I feel about your situation every time.

I love the game and I'll keep putting up with your deficiencies, but it is getting kind of annoying.
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS didn't acknowledge it even once, which means that there's no crashing and graphics downgrade on PS4 Pro, it your imagination
  • HarpaxPT
    HarpaxPT
    ✭✭✭
    Lol... i feel your pain. Same happening to me
  • SuperLarrio
    SuperLarrio
    ✭✭✭
    forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/305888/crashing-ps4-pro#latest

Yeah i had a topic on this a while ago, i also posted on quite a few other people's topics about it...no acknowledgment at all. Not a peep...and certainly no improvement
    "Scissors is in a good place right now but Paper is way OP"-Rock
    "Rock is in a good place right now but Scissors is way OP"-Paper
    "Paper is in a good place right now but Rock is way OP"-Scissors
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I didn't go out and get a 4k tv and PS4 Pro to run at reduced graphics.
  • SuperLarrio
    SuperLarrio
    ✭✭✭
    I never have a problem out in the world. I never have a problem in trials. But if im in stormhaven and try to go from the smithing station to the woodworking station then to enchanting station...theres like a 75% chance i'll bluescreen at some point along the way.

Maybe its all part of their master plan, im gonna buy my mansion just so i can do all my crafting/deconing at home, hardly ever have to go to a town and see other people...mmo'ing at its finest, bravo zos
  • HarpaxPT
    HarpaxPT
    ✭✭✭
    Pvp, wrothgar clothing station, trials, anywhere wayrest are the most common for me
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't decon anything in stormhaven. Too many problems. Selected items de-select by themselves inventory jumps around and stuff. The dye station in craglorn crashes me. Wrothgar definitely has its issues. Surprisingly Maw hasn't crashed, but HelRa has been terrible. I've crashed 5 times in a row, then no more problems for the rest of the trial. Dungeon crashes are hit or miss, like completely random.
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anywhere crowded your likely to crash. This means you will be fine questing. PvP on scourge I get maybe 15 minutes until I crash.

The devs have been answering questions about Morrowind but any inquiries I have made about stability improvements for PS4 Pro have been ignored. I messaged support nearly two months ago and they said that they were aware of the problem and I should keep an eye on the patch notes. I have given up on ESO on the pro, this lack of support is unacceptable.
    Edited by JimT722 on February 3, 2017 5:39PM
  • Flux1st
    Flux1st
    I too am upset with the lack of response on this issue. It effects everyone on a pro that I've spoken with. I want a time frame on a fix because I wanna PvP.
  • HarpaxPT
    HarpaxPT
    ✭✭✭
    How do we link the forum admin to this post?
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HarpaxPT wrote: »
    How do we link the forum admin to this post?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

I have tagged devs many times in many threads about these very issues. They never respond. I have contacted support and they said that they are unable to discuss any patches or fixes. Not even as little as saying that they are going to get this fixed. The devs and the support staff have completely destroyed my faith in ESO on the PS4 pro.

I should be excited about ESO with a new expansion on the way. Morrowind of all things. I just feel like we're being ignored. I have enjoyed playing this game since launch on PC, but the state of ESO on the Pro I am not finding an enjoyable experience.
  • SuperLarrio
    SuperLarrio
    ✭✭✭
    Working as intended
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've got a PS4 Pro and never have any crashes now...

But as mentioned the graphics are getting filtered through the Elgato/desktop/TV...

I have no idea why PS4 direct to a 4k TV does this... (crashing is what I mean)

As soon as I got the elgato no crashing occurred but... no 4k graphics either this way.
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lukums1 wrote: »

But as mentioned the graphics are getting filtered through the Elgato/desktop/TV...

As soon as I got the elgato no crashing occurred but... no 4k graphics either this way.

That is interesting. What I don't get is why just ESO? Skyrim in 4K works great. So does every other Pro enhanced game on my system.
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Constant crashes appears only if your console configure to 4k output, it's known workaround.
  • HarpaxPT
    HarpaxPT
    ✭✭✭
    Known workound but defeats the purpose of buying a 4k tv and ps4 pro :neutral:
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HarpaxPT wrote: »
    Known workound but defeats the purpose of buying a 4k tv and ps4 pro :neutral:
    Like you've bought it to play TESO :smile:
    It's already not worth it even without crashes cause of graphics downgrade
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If it's not displaying in 4K then that's why you're not getting the crashing with the Elgato. Others have found the same working around by just changing the setting in Video to 1080p Enhanced instead of 4K.
  • Kurzickkiller
    Kurzickkiller
    Soul Shriven
    I was having the same issue on my ps4 pro and samsung ks8000 4k TV. Then I went to Ps4 settings sound, and screen, video settings and I put my resolution from automatic to 1080p. After doing that I stopped getting long load screens and the constant blue screen where you have to log in and switch tools then back again just to log back into stone falls because it removed you from cyrodil. 1080p makes it run like the old ps4 and I don't have any problems anymore. Yesterday I will get a blue screen once a week or something and there is always lag on scourge but 90% of my issues were solved by switching to 1080p.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...90% of my issues were solved by switching to 1080p.
    Well yeah, but by changing that video output in the Pro settings, you've essentially turned your PS4Pro back into a PS4.

I bought a 4K HDR TV and a PS4Pro in November primarily to play ESO, because I love the game and ZOS announced support for 4K or 1080P Enhanced with the new PlayStation.

What support? Plenty of player complaints about PS4Pro crashes and not one acknowledgement that anyone at ZOS is trying to fix it and make the game more stable on the new Sony platform. I've given up and gone back to my PS4 for ESO - Solid performance and I still get HDR.

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/11/10/play-eso-in-4k-on-the-playstationr4-pro

That's the big announcement - but they fail to mention the game will crash after 20 minutes of play. I honestly don't think ZOS cares. They've had 3 months to fix this. Other than removing the advertised "enhanced water reflections" in a December patch (which didn't really solve anything) I've seen no acknowledgement or movement on this issue at all.
    PS4NA
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys, we're digging into this and will let you know when we have an update for you, or if we need any information from you all.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    And as a quick update to the last post, we can confirm we have guys working on this issue, though we don't have a fix nailed down quite yet.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Myerscod
    Myerscod
    ✭✭✭
    And as a quick update to the last post, we can confirm we have guys working on this issue, though we don't have a fix nailed down quite yet.

Thanks for looking in to this. While you haven't got a "fix nailed down quite yet" , I assume this means you know what the issue is, so can we expect a fix to be included with Homestead, if not beforehand?
  • Smeefs
    Smeefs
    Soul Shriven
    I've been lurking across these PS4 Pro crashing threads for months trying to figure out if there was some sort of fix in the works. This is the first acknowledgement I've seen from ZOS. Thank for @ZOS_GinaBruno for letting us know you are working on this. It really does ruin the experience for a lot of people who spent a lot of money on a new system/TV.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smeefs wrote: »
    I've been lurking across these PS4 Pro crashing threads for months trying to figure out if there was some sort of fix in the works. This is the first acknowledgement I've seen from ZOS. Thank for @ZOS_GinaBruno for letting us know you are working on this...
    Yes indeed! This is very encouraging news. Knowing that ZOS is working on it makes a big difference. I'd rather be waiting for a fix than feeling the matter is being ignored. Thanks @ZOS_GinaBruno

:smiley:
    PS4NA
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue is obvious, just like why I still crash in high traffic areas like in Craglorn and deshan even on 1080, or in Cyrodiil, cos the game can't handle that much traffic and will crash. 4k demands more info flow through in and out, so it's going to crash everywhere every 15min like I experienced from day 1. What can they do about it, nothing cos their server and systems are not good enough to handle it, until then it's not worth it playing.
    Pc na
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doubt its a ps4 pro only issue but maybe more frequently due to the draw on resources. I blue screen 3 to 4 times a day and cant login usually until i login to another charachter first.
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks. This is all I wanted to hear.
  • Acid_Glow
    Acid_Glow
    ✭✭✭
    Keep up the great work ZOS!!!

PS4 Username AcidGlow
    {}Guilds{}
    Marmalade Boys
    ============================================ Characters ======================================================
    Morel Mackernasy Mag DK DPS
    Fuji-tora Magicka Mag Sorc DPS
    Heals-with-Skooma Healer
    Sajin Komamura Stam Night Blade Khajiit DPS
    Fire-King ReinHeardt Orc Stam DK DPS

• kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thank you.