The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Game Crashes Every Day PS4 Pro

• ArgoCye
    ArgoCye
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know that there are trying to fix this - but to update my Saturday experience on the Pro: I was online for about 8 hours or so, had one blue screen in Rawlkah when I went to deconstruct a bow (silly me). Then had around 8 blue screens in Scourge and one screen-freeze that required a reboot. Pretty tedious and I would have normally not have bothered with Cyrodiil (or played for that length of time) as I knew it would be blue-screen hell, but I did want to see how bad the instability still was. Still bad.
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My roommate recently upgraded to the Pro and has been having serious stability issues. Note that we are on the exact same connection and I have hardly ever any issues with crashing.

This may be the first time it's been officially acknowledged which i guess is a start, but how this could ever pass testing is beyond me. And a real show of blatant corporatocracy IMO. We're talking of hundreds and all together millions of euros spent on a set-up that never actually functioned as advertised. And yes, ESO was billed as one of the top games to recieve enhancements through upgrading. It's not just ZOS, but Sony should also be charged with false advertising. Alas it's a video game and as such is rarely covered or even acknowledged under consumer rights.

How long have they been working on a fix because one would assume since release. Unless of course quality control isn't actually a thing with these companies. Often though acknowledgment wouldn't come ahead of real progress toward a fix so perhaps we are closer than we know, pretty doubtful though!
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

My roommate has reported to me that he feels that most of the disconnections and stability issues occur when playing his alternate character. He claims when playing on his first and original character that he has little to no stability issues. I thought it was worth mentioning as it may help track down the problem. And could also help explain why these kind of issues could make it past testing. Then again it could be coincidence.

I'm not on a PS4 pro so cannot test myself. Can anyone suffering these issues confirm or deny that the character they are playing may have an influence on the pro stability issues.
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It doesn't seem to make a difference on which toon I'm using. Crashes just happen on all of them. They do seem to happen more during trials, but I have made it all the way through some without a crash or random disconnect.

I quote TWD's Abraham last words in every crash description now. Hope this helps.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't believe it's character-specific. I get the feeling the game just needs to be optimized for the PS4Pro. Memory leak? Perhaps - Only the dev team working with Sony can know for sure. But crashes happen regularly, with the interval much more frequent when there's been a lot of graphical activity. It feels like a build-up over time until the hardware blows chunks.

As an example, you can run for an hour or more in a quiet PVE zone, but after 15 minutes of heavy fighting in a PVP area, a crash to dashboard is the outcome. I'm sure ZOS can identify the problem, I just wish it had been more of a priority and resolved more quickly.

Scaling back the graphics is a lazy fix and negates the benefit of the Pro so hopefully they're really digging to find an answer that preserves (and restores, in the case of water reflections) the graphical enhancements and we'll see a fix soon.
    PS4NA
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fair enough! You guys would have much more experience than I. Like I said, it's not myself having issues as I haven't upgraded yet. And tbh I feel my roommate is in slight that it has to do with his very expensive upgrades.
    @ McAttack in game
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This isn't exclusively a PS4 Pro issue - I blue screen at least 10 times per day... anything less and I consider it a successful day. - and I don't have a PS4 Pro.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Might be a bit premature, but I didn't have any crash at all last night after a healthy 3 hour download
  • HarpaxPT
    HarpaxPT
    ✭✭✭
    I didnt either and it was zerg vs zerg in scourge
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 hours no crash on 4k in Cyrodiil may god be with us ,tonight when i came back from work will play 5 hours and report back . For once mby thay did smting right.
  • Riplaekic
    Riplaekic
    Just wanted to chime in here and say that I have not crashed since the update. I was in and out of Orsinium specifically to test it. Was in Mournhold quite a bit as well as Craglorn. These areas always caused a crash before the latest patch.

Stealth update, or total accident?
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, no crashes last night again! Fingers crossed there was a good fix implemented.

Spent a little time in Cyrodil with some massive yellow zergs taking over; ran a random daily, writs, and spent a good bit of time checking out houses.

Can't wait to do some trials and see how things go.
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same, no crashes but have occasional bugs where you can't talk to the banker.
    Pc na
  • PikkonMG
    PikkonMG
    ✭✭✭
    Ya I got about 3 hours myself in Cyrodil now without a single crash on PS4 Pro running 4k mode.
  • Myerscod
    Myerscod
    ✭✭✭
    Crashed yesterday in vault of madness, managed to log back into the dungeon and was dead. Clicked to revive and straight away..... crashed again. Logged back in, crashed again. Logged back in and another character and crashed again. This isn't my PS4 or internet connection as my brother has had the same problem at his gaff (house).
  • Cêltic421
    Cêltic421
    ✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    Why does this game keep crashing on my PS4 Pro? Crashes in dungeons, trials, dye station, crafting station, horse training, bank, running through town etc. Chat is also randomly broken for some reason, but this seems to affect many people and not necessarily a PS4 Pro issue alone.

Is there any patch coming? Some kind of fix? I send the error report and let you know how I feel about your situation every time.

I love the game and I'll keep putting up with your deficiencies, but it is getting kind of annoying.

I had ps4 pro since launch and 4k tv play in 4k and my game rarely crashes. I froze couple times while doing Vet Hel Ra on last boss other than that no issues. Guildmates that run on pro 4k doesn't complain either. Not sure what your issue is. Maybe faulty pro? Connection?
    Edited by Cêltic421 on February 27, 2017 7:32PM
  • Riplaekic
    Riplaekic
    Nah, there was definitely a streaming issue on the pro in 4k mode. Since the homestead patch I've been 100% fine under the same circumstances, so something changed for the better. I'm sure crashes will still occur, but the streaming issue in busy areas does not seem to trigger it for me anymore.
  • Cêltic421
    Cêltic421
    ✭✭✭✭
    Riplaekic wrote: »
    Nah, there was definitely a streaming issue on the pro in 4k mode. Since the homestead patch I've been 100% fine under the same circumstances, so something changed for the better. I'm sure crashes will still occur, but the streaming issue in busy areas does not seem to trigger it for me anymore.

Ah I see. I never stream my gameplay so wouldn't know about streaming on pro.4k. During the double AP week in cyrodiil I didn't have any issues till the weekend with long loading screens a d a few disconnections. But I don't think it was due cause of Pro or 4k.
  • MrBimo
    MrBimo
    ✭✭
    I also get this issue from time to time,
    PS4 - CP 300
    F/ Khajiit Nightblade - Midnight Quasar
    M/ Khajiit Templar - Tribune Lightbringer
    M/ Breton Sorcerer - Vengeful Wanderer
    M/ Argonian Dragonknight - Blue Slitherscale
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still happening. Wore in dungeons. 1080p mode DOES NOT fix it.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I ran ESO this weekend on my PS4Pro and it was rock solid. Not one blue screen over several hours in PVP, on a 4K TV in 1080 Enhanced Mode.

Game looks incredible, and it seems (finally) very stable.

One request @ZOS_GinaBruno - On a 4K TV in 1080 Enhanced, "Combat Text" isn't appearing where it should which makes it very challenging to know WHO you're hitting in a large PVP battle. If fixing that will break the stability, then I'd prefer no fix - But if it's possible to have the combat text (damage indicators) line up correctly with the player you're hitting, that would be icing on the cake.

Kudos to the devs for working out the PS4Pro issues though.
    PS4NA
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Okay, something must have improved on the backend, because nothing in my Pro configuration has changed, but the game stopped crashing.

ALSO: I am fully shutting down my PS4 at least once a day. I have no idea if that helps, but it doesn't hurt to fully clear one's cache and such. Playing for extended periods of time while using only standby mode can cause issues in other games, so it will certainly do so in this buggy one that we all love :)
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After the update 4.50 hit me , the crashes for my ps4 pro are back , I don't crash much , mby once for 2 hours in Cyrodiil, but when farming Skyreach its at least once every hour . Also I bought 1 tb Samsung 850 evo SSD with hope to improve loading times but meh.... game is still such a turtle.
  • gootdude
    gootdude
    ✭✭✭
    FYI @dotme and anyone having issues with the combat text showing the wrong place, set your playstation to 1080p in the video output settings and then you'll have 1080p enhanced mode with combat text in the proper place.

So set ps4 video output to 4k, goto eso video options and enable 1080p enhanced mode, then set your ps4 video output to 1080p.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gootdude wrote: »
    FYI @dotme and anyone having issues with the combat text showing the wrong place, set your playstation to 1080p in the video output settings and then you'll have 1080p enhanced mode with combat text in the proper place.

So set ps4 video output to 4k, goto eso video options and enable 1080p enhanced mode, then set your ps4 video output to 1080p.

I will try this tonight - Great tip. Thanks!!
    PS4NA
  • goboltz
    goboltz
    ✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    gootdude wrote: »

I will try this tonight - Great tip. Thanks!!

**NOTE** Make sure you have a good/new hdmi cable, old ones don't have the bandwidth, also, use the HDMI-1 connection on the tv, as some tv's ONLY give the highest/best settings/options to THIS connection ! (Even on 55" Samsung 4K )
    Also important, 1.) NO WIFI (this kills all games) Get a cable in it ! 2.) clear the cache on the PS4, Properly power OFF, then unplug the unit for more than 5 minutes, this clears old/stale temp data on the unit. 3.) If the drive space is FULL, make room ! ! it needs some free space to operate properly. 4.) While your clearing the cache, power OFF the Modem\Router too, then power them on, Modem 1st, then router (Unless combo box) , Then the PS4. Keep Everything else OFF the internet & test.
    Other devices in the house can be "Broadcasting" and cause a "Storm", (Think interference.) so do a test with ONLY the ps4, then turn stuff on 7 if issues come up, fix/replace the bad one . .
    (If it's a "Smart" tv, turn that off & disconnect it, can cause LAG).

I have the PS4-Pro , with Samsung 55" HDR 4K, I used "old" HDMI cable & couldn't get anything to work, changed cable & switched to port 1 (HDMI) , then PS4-Pro SAW the settings and made options available that weren't there before.

As for crashing in certain sections, corrupted data locally could be an issue, But, I find ONLY when AOE or multiple Ultimates get used at the same time does it go "Blue" ! (Skyreach . . sword-of-meridia) . .

Hope this helps. "Cheese For Everyone " !
    [PS5] [NA] [EP] - "Cheese for Everyone" !