The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

Help For A New Player

Wonkier
Wonkier
✭✭
I have done a lot of research on this game and have come to the decision that I will play a reguard stamina based character using both dual wield and two handed. I'm stuck picking between a stamina nightblade, stamina sorc, stamina dragonknight or a stamina templar and whether or not I should become a vampire or a werewolf or neither. I play mostly PVE solo content but plan on dabbling in some PVP and endgame content Please Help P.S I play on the Xbox EU server.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome. In my honest opinion stay away from nightblade (especially stamina) for PvE solo. A dragonknight and templar will serve you very well for what you are looking to do.

Also come next update (in a week or two) magicka will be nice to use. Magicka DK and templar will have you crushing PvE solo content.

Edit: Stamina templar complain of sustain issues for a long time now. ZOS says they have made some tweaks to alleviate that in the coming update. We'll see how that goes.
    Edited by Publius_Scipio on January 28, 2017 6:50PM
    Options
  • arena25
    arena25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonkier wrote: »
    I have done a lot of research on this game and have come to the decision that I will play a reguard stamina based character using both dual wield and two handed. I'm stuck picking between a stamina nightblade, stamina sorc, stamina dragonknight or a stamina templar and whether or not I should become a vampire or a werewolf or neither. I play mostly PVE solo content but plan on dabbling in some PVP and endgame content Please Help P.S I play on the Xbox EU server.

I think only playing a stamina-based character you are really limiting yourself. I play a mixed nightblade who has both magicka and stamina abilities and I turn out pretty well.

As for your question...if you're looking for an OP character that will be a beast in PvE I'd go Templar...with the right morphs, you're a living god when leveling. If you're looking for a character that has high burst dps and a lot of stuns, go Nightblade. I haven't played dragonknight, so I can't give an opinion, but from what I hear they are more OP than Templar. And Sorcerer I tend to avoid because that class tends to die rather easily unless you play it a lot.
    If you can't handle the heat...stay out of the kitchen!
    Options
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While you are leveling your character you might want to also level the bow along with duels wield and two hand. That way later in the game you will have more options available. Some of the bow skills can provide good AoE and come in handy when mechanics of a fight don't let you get up close and personal.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
    Options
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wonkier wrote: »

There is no reason to pick any one of those four options other than simply whichever you think would be the most fun. Any of those four can be quite viable for both pve and pvp.

If you are not familiar, maybe try watching some youtube videos of people playing those classes to get a sense of which one seems more interesting.

Vampire is more useful for magicka character, and werewolf is more common among stamina builds.
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on January 28, 2017 10:45PM
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    This thread has been closed as there are duplicate topics on this request. Please go to the thread here to continue the discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.