Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Help For A New Player

Wonkier
Wonkier
✭✭
I have done a lot of research on this game and have come to the decision that I will play a reguard stamina based character using both dual wield and two handed. I'm stuck picking between a stamina nightblade, stamina sorc, stamina dragonknight or a stamina templar and whether or not I should become a vampire or a werewolf or neither. I play mostly PVE solo content but plan on dabbling in some PVP and endgame content Please Help P.S I play on the Xbox EU server.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well you'll get a lot of Stam Sorc OP responses, encouraging you to go stam sorc...

And outta your list I gotta agree.

Stam sorc will be easiest to learn and use.

Vampire is more magicka than stam.

Werewolves are niche but cool.

I wanna make a werewolf sorc myself.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam Sorc with pet(s) is easy mode ...
    shades.gif

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't we just discuss this? Now you're looking at ALL the classes. Lol.

Stam redguard is solid in all classes. Don't stress too much. If you like, create multiple characters and try them. If you really like the game, you'll probably do this anyway. And if you want to dabble w multi classes, this gives you alts to hold stuff or start crafting work.

But maybe it would help to cover the play style you can expect. And I'll rough estimate their qualities on a scale of one to five, five being fantastico.

Stamplar: up close and personal fighter. Very decent variety of class skills. Jabs and repentance give this class FANTASTIC sustain and stam regen, making them IMO the easiest stam class for a newbie. They're also very fun.
    Dps: 4

Melee potential: 5

Survivability: 4

Resource regen: 5

Aoe: 5

Sneak: 2

Dragon knight: El tanko. Endless resistance but low dps. Suffers a bit from only 1/3rd class skills having stam morphs, meaning less flexibikity. Can survive forever, but battles are long and slow. In your face melee tankiness. IMO the hardest class to be a first toon. Tanks are way necessary in end game groups, but man are they slow to level up in solo pve. I set my stam DK aside at lvl 15 then brought him to vet when I had 500+ CPs because he was boring to quest with.
    Dps: 1

Melee potential: 5

Survivability: 5

Resource regen: 3

Aoe: 4

Sneak: 1

Stamblade: the sneak assassin. Burst damage off the charts. Better at range. Squishy, but hidey. Fantastic range of class skills. Very limited heals...strongly recommend starting pvp asap to get 85k AP needed to unlock vigor, which changes a stamblade's life. My personal favorite for a first toon because I did a lot of sneak exploration, and the fact that it's a challenging class made me a better player with all my toons. I also liked that I could rotate between three totally different skill sets to enjoy totally different play styles...stamblades are very flexible in pve.
    Dps: 5

Melee potential: 3

Survivability: 2

Resource regen: 4

Aoe: 3

Sneak: 5

Stam Sorc: Perhaps the most unique class in any rpg I've seen. Good dps, very interesting play style. Will rely on 90% weapon skills, as only 2-4 class skills benefit them. Stam sorcs require a lot of honing that requires understanding mechanics, so a little harder for newbies, but there are tons of online guides. My stam sorc plays a lot like my nightblade, just he doesn't hide or sneak, is tankier, but does less dps.
    Dps: 3

Melee potential: 4

Survivability: 3

Resource regen: 3

Aoe: 4

Sneak: 3

And yes, I'm sure people will chime in to critique my figures. They're just rough estimates based off my personal experience playing all of these classes for 2 years. If we disagree on stam stats, then at least we can all agree that magicka Altmer are sanctimonious prats.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag and stam sorc are pretty much the bee's knees currently.

But @davey1107's summary is a good overall view
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."