The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Willpower is bugged and not giving full spell damage.

Brrrofski
Brrrofski
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
So i swapped some things on my templar. I went from 2 skoria, 5 kagernacs, 3 lich and 1 willpower staff to 2 skoria, 3 elf bane, 3 lich and 3 willpower. I ended up losing around 100 spell damage. My kagernacs gave me 217. Elf bane should give me 124 and willpower 189. So I should be gaining around 100 spell damage, not losing.

So I tested it out. I swapped the willpower jewellery out for lich. So now have 2 skoria, 3 elf bane, 5 lich and willpower staff. 31797 magica, 2134 unbuffed spell damage and 2560 buffed. Swap the 2 lich rings with willpower and I get 33721 magica, 2170 unbuffed spell damage and 2604 buffed. So it's counting the magica, but willpower is giving me 36 (46 buffed) of the 189 spell damage.

So i took everything off. Have 1 willpower staff and 2 lich rings. 1836 spell damage. Replace rings with willpower and get 1872 spell damage. So 36 spell damage this time.

All enchantments are the same, nothing on my bars that would alter anything, no wrath passive etc.

Willpower isn't giving me the full value. I'm missing 150 something spell damage from it. I tested dark flare out and with 3 willpower it was hitting for like 300 more. But is that just because of the 1.5k magica increase? Is willpower actually bugged or just a UI bug? ANyone else noticed this?
Edited by Brrrofski on December 27, 2016 9:54AM
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check the enchants on your jewelry, too. Does either of the lich rings have a spell power enchantment on it? If one of the lich rings has that enchant, but neither of the Willpower rings have it, that would account for your difference right there.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just strip naked and use nothing but jewlery to see what bonus it's giving.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    More is bugged, or it is only visual and I also cannot figure something out

I have 4 swords part of 2 different sets.

2 are torug pact
    2 are khrag's hope

All are CP160, nirnhorned (from the period it still was good) and legendary

If I use 5 khrags hope armor and also the 2 swords from khrags, I expect to get the same spelldamage then when I use 5 khrags hope armor and 1 sword and 1 torug pact sword. (because the bonus is gained from 5 pieces, the 2 swords are obsolete, and adding 1 torug pact gives no additional bonus)

But using 7 pieces khrag gives me more spelldamage then when using 6 pieces and one torug pact while the total should be the same as both swords does not give any bonus

I don't actually use this setup for obvious reasons. But when I was fooling around with different sets I stumbled upon this.

I will test this out tonight to see if being naked equipping 1 sword will verify this. More at 11.

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SolarCat02 wrote: »
    Check the enchants on your jewelry, too. Does either of the lich rings have a spell power enchantment on it? If one of the lich rings has that enchant, but neither of the Willpower rings have it, that would account for your difference right there.

Yeh, 174 spell damage on all 4 rings. So exactly the same.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just strip naked and use nothing but jewlery to see what bonus it's giving.

I had just jewellery and staff. It gives me the magica from 2 willpower, but not spell damage.
  • ZOS_PeterT
    ZOS_PeterT
    ✭✭✭
    We have moved this thread to Bug Reports.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios

Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

Staff Post
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Any chance this can be looked into?
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭