The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Patched Launcher, can't log in

Greifenherz
Greifenherz
✭✭✭
So I just patched the launcher and wanted to continue playing and, woe me, now all I'm getting is the same error over and over - Failed to login due connection to server timing out. I've restarted the launcher and then the game multiple times without change. The patch is now about twenty minutes old.
  • Truepotato
    you and me both
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Are you guys playing on Steam?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Greifenherz
    Greifenherz
    ✭✭✭
    Are you guys playing on Steam?

Yes!
    After that question I went ahead and started eso64.exe from the directory and can confirm that I'm able to login that way. Hope that helps!
    Edited by Greifenherz on November 14, 2016 7:08PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Oh, great! Just to help us troubleshoot, can you confirm if you tried closing and re-launching the patcher directly from Steam? (If not, try that and see if it fixes the issue.)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Greifenherz
    Greifenherz
    ✭✭✭
    I have tried that multiple times without success, yes.
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just used the launcher PC-EU non steam.
    User login ok
    Character access ok.
    But the tri-faction emblem was freezing and jumping for some reason.

The launcher updated about 15/30 mins ago.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Vürdhuun
    Vürdhuun
    Soul Shriven
    So I just patched the launcher and wanted to continue playing and, woe me, now all I'm getting is the same error over and over - Failed to login due connection to server timing out. I've restarted the launcher and then the game multiple times without change. The patch is now about twenty minutes old.

I have exactly the same bug.
    I am a Steam Player too
  • ThornJagger
    ThornJagger
    ✭✭✭
    I can not log in now after patching launcher. NA PC
    I never loose... I either win or learn.
    Vae Victis forever
  • jluchau
    jluchau
    ✭✭✭
    I updated about 20 minutes ago... now the game launches but is almost unplayable my FPS is at around 5-8fps.
  • Dharnagon
    Dharnagon
    ✭✭✭
    People with connectivity issues, are any of you from outside USA?
    The Pride of The Eagle is its power itself!
    Eagles, Advance!
  • ThornJagger
    ThornJagger
    ✭✭✭
    Not recently, FPS was great before. Also I'm not a steam account
    I never loose... I either win or learn.
    Vae Victis forever
  • wasm32trojan
    Dharnagon wrote: »
    People with connectivity issues, are any of you from outside USA?

Im from Russia but before update i dont have any trouble with launcher and login...
    Help me plz :)
  • wasm32trojan
    1_3282.jpg
    2_2420.jpg
    big139687img20151001wa0001.jpg
  • wasm32trojan
    Oh, great! Just to help us troubleshoot, can you confirm if you tried closing and re-launching the patcher directly from Steam? (If not, try that and see if it fixes the issue.)
    I have tried that multiple times without success, yes.

how long i must waiting for fix?
  • Greifenherz
    Greifenherz
    ✭✭✭
    Update: When I started the launcher through Steam this morning (EU) and hit Play the game (eso64.exe) then asked me to link my Steam account to my ESO account. Iiiiii really don't understand the reason for this and nothing about the options presented to me explained anything but I did it anyway and was then able to login. So...issue resolved I guess??? xD
  • Greifenherz
    Greifenherz
    ✭✭✭
    Update: Again I get a server connection timeout and can't login when starting the launcher via Steam. Is this a timebased thing?
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happened to me. PC. NA. No Steam.

Update to launcher crashed my freshly rebooted Windows 10 PC. I had no opportunity to choose the update. It just updated itself without asking me.

Software failure in one thing. Crashing an OS....this makes me wonder if I should even use that software anymore on my machine.

But I needed a break anyway.

Tried the launcher this morning. It froze. Tried it again and it gave me a manifest error but I could hit Play.

Why was this update necessary and how was it tested?

I know....you won't tell me. Customers have little standing in these matters but you need to understand something.

Any rational person will reasonably withhold their ongoing commitment to any product that fails with the regularity of this one. Plus, if it can crash your operating system, you simply can't rule out that it will fail in an unrecoverable manner.
    Edited by bellanca6561n on November 15, 2016 5:46PM
  • Greifenherz
    Greifenherz
    ✭✭✭
    Still getting login errors using the Steam launcher. With this in place I fear for the f2p weekend, that might take a hit in popularity. I love ESO, and it's already frustrating enough that you have to keep telling your friends that ESO really really honestly got better since launch. :D
  • wasm32trojan
    im try to launch now, but nothing changes...
  • wasm32trojan
    Maintenance for the week of November 14:
    • [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – November 15, 11:00AM EST (16:00 GMT)

nothing changes...
    i cant login in game.
  • Vürdhuun
    Vürdhuun
    Soul Shriven
    Maintenance for the week of November 14:
    • [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – November 15, 11:00AM EST (16:00 GMT)

nothing changes...
    i cant login in game.

Can't link account and log too.
    Always the same : "Failed to login due connection to server timing out"

Please fix !!
  • Greifenherz
    Greifenherz
    ✭✭✭
    I'm able to login and play through Steam during morning hours (7-8am Berlin time) but when I try it at everyning (5pm onwards) I always get the server connection timeout error...
  • wasm32trojan
    I'm able to login and play through Steam during morning hours (7-8am Berlin time) but when I try it at everyning (5pm onwards) I always get the server connection timeout error...

Im have a trouble anytime...
    Its a third day which i cant login game.
    When the error is corrected?
    Waiting for answer from administration!!!
  • wasm32trojan
    I would also like to add:
    So far, after two days from the time of the first of my post still with me did not contact the administration to gather various information about my location, results of traceroute, ping etc.
  • wasm32trojan
    When I buy a game with all DLС for 3500 rubles ($ 55), I did not fail to tell no one that such problems will "score big bolt" (Russian idioM) !!!
  • Greifenherz
    Greifenherz
    ✭✭✭
  • wasm32trojan
    When we get fix for this issue?! Im very angry...
  • Vürdhuun
    Vürdhuun
    Soul Shriven
    Just did a new full game download and reinstallation, always the connection timeout error !!

Please, we need a solution !
  • esmaipoo
    esmaipoo
    Soul Shriven
    yes, i have the same problem cannot login from the new steam launcher... it says the same everytime which is login error...
    please ZOS make this a hotfix :neutral:
  • Vürdhuun
    Vürdhuun
    Soul Shriven
    So what now? Devs, are you working for this ?
    Silence is not an answer :s