The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

URL FAILURE: Crown Purchase (but charged for them)

Tevalaur
Tevalaur
✭✭✭✭✭
I've twice attempted to purchase the 5500 crown pack while it's on sale. Both times the transaction went through the usual stages of entering credit card info and reached the point in step 4 (Confirmation) where I press "I agree" on the purchase -- then failed, both times with the same type of error message saying:
"The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.
Your support ID is: (number redacted from forum post)"

I see my account balance does not have the crowns I attempted to purchase, and the error message doesn't say it's the "transaction" that's failing (which it shouldn't as this is the same card with the same info I normally use), but that it's the "URL" which fails at this point -- what does this mean and can it please be fixed ASAP?
Edited by ZOS_Adrikoth on May 14, 2021 12:46PM
Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG -- my bank shows ALL 3 attempts to purchase as pending charges even though the URL failed and my ESO crown balance did not increase!!!!!!
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Created a Support Ticket: "Your reference code is: #161020-000400."
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes this has happened to me a few times but slightly differently, I have had messages saying the crown store had been taken down for maintenance etc etc and did not know if my purchase had gone through, so I repurchased.

I then found I had bought 2 lots of crowns.

I feel this is a scam as it has happened so many times.

ZOS please fix this.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    moonio wrote: »
    Yes this has happened to me a few times but slightly differently, I have had messages saying the crown store had been taken down for maintenance etc etc and did not know if my purchase had gone through, so I repurchased.

I then found I had bought 2 lots of crowns.

I feel this is a scam as it has happened so many times.

ZOS please fix this.

I still show 3 sets of pending credit card charges and my ESO account still shows no additional crowns at all. I've not "ended up with 3 sets of crown packs" (which would also make me unhappy, but not make me feel ripped off) but have ended up with NO crowns after paying for 16500 crowns.
  • AbbieGoth
    AbbieGoth
    ✭✭
    I've been getting the exact same thing. Luckily I wasn't charged extra charges after my first attempt but I had the transaction pending in my bank account for 5 days, then it was gone and I had my money back. It was the strangest thing.

However, I've found that this is not exclusive to ESO - this can happen on just about any website for any reason. The fix seems to be clearing some of your cookies/cache, as I discovered after about 10 minutes of digging through Google.

However, now I keep getting "Transaction failed" errors when I go to buy crowns. I hope I can get this fixd before the sale ends or I'm going to be one very upset Khajiit.
    PC/NA Server - Max CP
    [AD] Kazhiana - Stam DK Tank
    [AD] Clan Mother Kitta-Ko - Magplar Healer
    vAA | vHRC | vSO+HM
    #KhajiitMasterRace
  • AbbieGoth
    AbbieGoth
    ✭✭
    Bumping this because I just had the same URL failure after trying again, since I finally got my money refunded today. This is absolutely absurd!! I've just had my cache cleared the other day and I even tried doing a hard refresh before the purchase to ensure I didn't get this error. ZOS this needs to be fixed immediately! Whatever you did to "fix" the crown store this past month obviously hasn't worked.
    PC/NA Server - Max CP
    [AD] Kazhiana - Stam DK Tank
    [AD] Clan Mother Kitta-Ko - Magplar Healer
    vAA | vHRC | vSO+HM
    #KhajiitMasterRace
  • EndoFett
    EndoFett
    Soul Shriven
    Experiencing the same issue. Is anyone keeping the lights on at ZOS these days?
  • Dekibra
    Dekibra
    ✭✭
    I am bumping this quite old thread because it describes my problem the best:
    I wanted to purchase crowns, my billing address was already saved, I chose my payment method (paypal) and clicked the usual consent thingie, was directed to paypal, verified the payment, was brought back to ESO, only to find an error message.
    So I repeated the process... and got the same error message :-((

BUT paypal happily wrote 2 confirmation mails, so the payment(s) got through on both tries, Seller was Zenimax Online Studio, all looked exactly like with previous purchases, only that I didn't get the confirmation mail from ESO

BUT I DIDN'T GET THE CROWNS! and what is even worse, I also have the 'cannot-contact-support-login-failed' problem.
    So I cannot create a ticket.

really p***** right now
    PC-EU
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Greetings @Dekibra

If you are unable to log in to submit a support ticket at help.elderscrollsonline.com then please follow the steps in this article to submit an account recovery ticket so that we can look into this issue for you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Dekibra
    Dekibra
    ✭✭
    Greetings @Dekibra

If you are unable to log in to submit a support ticket at help.elderscrollsonline.com then please follow the steps in this article to submit an account recovery ticket so that we can look into this issue for you.

actually I am just trying that BUT when I try to give my mail address, the input box stays red - so I cannot press submit (and yes I checked, I typed it correctly)
    PC-EU
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    @Dekibra we have sent you a follow up PM regarding this issue.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post