The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What if resource pools no longer boosted damage?

DirtySmeegs33
DirtySmeegs33
✭✭✭
This might be a good change because then we would have more build variety and choice on how to split up our attributes. Less stacking and more dispersion leads to more interesting builds (imo). We could have true hybrids that pulled from both pools to cast a wide variety of spells and feats while still stacking into either spell damage or weapon damage for their damage totals.

What do you all think? What if just weapon damage and spell damage were the modifiers for damage rather than size of pools being so important?
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Then everyone will stack wep/spelldmg like crazy and you will have less variety, bc max stam/mana-sets will be useless.
    Noobplar
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then everyone would spec all into health and regen...sounds like my blazing shield build. Everyone would run blazing shield builds as templar
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know, I think we'd see people just stack weapon / spell damage and not really get any more build diversity in the end. I think a much better way to promote unique builds would be to reintroduce softcaps.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My preference for a split build friendly change would be:
    Magica feeds mag pool and spell damage but not mag regen.
    Stamina feeds stam pool and stam dmg but not stam regen.
    Health feeds health pool and all three regens.

This should make split pools a little more viable and promote splitting into two pools more commonplace.
    Obviously if you dont have the regen you may need more cost red instead of dmg inc.

Burst is still possible but high heslth gives even more sustain.

Of course, if it were a complete overhaul, each class would have a stam based line, health based line and mag based line of skills.

But thats just crazy talk.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'd kill a lot of builds, and push hard towards spell and weapon damage builds. It would also seriously harm Magicka builds, because they'd have fewer options to get their damage up to begin with.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even with OPs suggestions it's wouldn't change builds. Hybrids would still be weak since they are due to overall game design.

As it is the game does cater to variety which includes builds going for high dps to builds played fun to play out in the world. Additionally, tanks can heal, healers can dps and a whole gambit of options.
  • DirtySmeegs33
    DirtySmeegs33
    ✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    My preference for a split build friendly change would be:
    Magica feeds mag pool and spell damage but not mag regen.
    Stamina feeds stam pool and stam dmg but not stam regen.
    Health feeds health pool and all three regens.

This should make split pools a little more viable and promote splitting into two pools more commonplace.
    Obviously if you dont have the regen you may need more cost red instead of dmg inc.

Burst is still possible but high heslth gives even more sustain.

Of course, if it were a complete overhaul, each class would have a stam based line, health based line and mag based line of skills.

But thats just crazy talk.

Neat idea. I just hate seeing every non tank build go 64 points into stam or magicka. Especially on a Stam build it makes trying to use all those cool class magicka based skills REALLY hard to utilize for utility.

What if there was a way to have both resource pools more evenly used and still get high enough damage for groups running gold not to kick you :p? That would be fun.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see all healing and shields to be dependent on max health instead of max magicka/stamina. That way you can still spec for max damage, but you won't have max healing/shield power at the same time as well.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    I'd like to see all healing and shields to be dependent on max health instead of max magicka/stamina. That way you can still spec for max damage, but you won't have max healing/shield power at the same time as well.

But then magic user be whining even more than they are now.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zenimax would be forced to buff Bound Armor.

And Pets.

Finally.
    Edited by Vaoh on July 29, 2016 6:16PM
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Key is to start from new perspective, not just how does it affect me now.

There is zero reason to believe magica would bevworse off than stamina or health if the atts were retooled esp the skills as well.

As an addition, what if you added healing power as a separate trait, right alongside spell dmg and wpn dmg, so healing outgoing and even incoming was increased by that?

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

"The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I am not so hsppy with shields being health, cuz i see shields as an offset to dodge/block ftom stamina.

However, if option for PHASE and WARD were added as magica based analogs to dodge and block without needing skills then making skill-based shields being health based makes sense.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is zero reason to believe magica would bevworse off than stamina or health if the atts were retooled esp the skills as well.

As an addition, what if you added healing power as a separate trait, right alongside spell dmg and wpn dmg, so healing outgoing and even incoming was increased by that?

There is a trait for healing power. I think it's called Powered. Increases healing done prett nicely. Plenty of places to get increase healing received and some classes have it built into the class.
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Magic would be worse off because weapon damage is easier to stack than magic damage and this would mean that stamina would be able to deal more damage since magic wouldn't be able recoup the difference with magika.
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This might be a good change because then we would have more build variety and choice on how to split up our attributes. Less stacking and more dispersion leads to more interesting builds (imo). We could have true hybrids that pulled from both pools to cast a wide variety of spells and feats while still stacking into either spell damage or weapon damage for their damage totals.

What do you all think? What if just weapon damage and spell damage were the modifiers for damage rather than size of pools being so important?

no it wouldnt. do you realize resourcr pools affect nearly 50% of your damage output? imagine if they got rid of wrapon da,age one day it's basically the same thing.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

And rightfully so...
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe guild wars (2?) has this, separate healing stat. I hated it. The stats in that game bothered me a lot when I played, you're expected to make yourself a tankdpshealer with a min/maxed combo of them for that class, there's a variety of stats creating a very limiting selection of builds. I like it this way, where my Templar can be a tank, dps or healer at any time with the right gear and skills while his stat focus remains 'magicka' and the derivatives there of.
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Magic would be worse off because weapon damage is easier to stack than magic damage and this would mean that stamina would be able to deal more damage since magic wouldn't be able recoup the difference with magika.

Right.... absolutely you got me there... if we changed only the one thing and did no other balancing, testing or maybe came at it from a new perspective etc... yep... magica would be screwed.

yep.

got it.

thanks.

Good to know.

yep.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.