The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mac Sound problems

guillefub17_ESO
Hi,

I'm having problems with game sound after the last patch (2.4.8). Footsteps sound are missing, like mounts footsteps also, and several other sounds.
I will NOT try to repair the game because it takes forever and I have already reinstalled two times in the last week.
PLEASE, try to solve customer issues. I'm trying to enjoy the game as a new ESO Plus member, but it seems that every time the player has the more difficult to play (looong load screens, sound, FPS drops, lag, etc, etc).
You push us to change MMORPG. WOW Legion is launching. Please solve game-breaker issues.
  • Rumbleguts
    Rumbleguts
    Soul Shriven
    I am in the same boat, updater crashed had to run repair when it was finished played the game no hoofbeats or footsteps.
    Thinking that an audio file had become corrupted or was it the patch, so sent email to support the reply was got back we are unable to help you with this problem I suppose now that I look at the reply, it was Game speak for this is a bug but we don't want to say so.
    The reply was so vague that I deleted game and downloaded a new one but have just tested it, and I still have the same result no hoofbeats or footsteps.
    Have a Mackintosh as well and have read some of the forums and other people are having the same problem but those were for windows.
  • bitsquare
    bitsquare
    ✭✭
    I've got the same problem.

At least they didn't try to blame it on your hardware...
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still experiencing sound problems. Highly annoying.
  • Niastissa
    Niastissa
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah. I was hoping the audio would have been fixed. :disappointed:
  • Stardweller
    So I stumbled over this thread, I'm not the only one having problems, glad to hear that...

But still... the game isn't as much fun without footsteps, so please bring them back asap!!! :(
  • raffaeleg
    raffaeleg
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same issue, unfortunately the last update still didn't help.
  • Niastissa
    Niastissa
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_GaryA @ZOS_TristanK
    Can you guys please of the love of God get the programmers to fix the sound effects on the Mac client. This is low hanging fruit. WTF how was this not fixed in this update? It's been months!!!!!!!!

FIX IT!
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom I know y'all are busy woth One Tamriel, but this is a serious issue. Almost all the SFX are broken or missing. this is not a little bug. I know, we're just mac users right? that shouldn't matter.

Fix this please. its been 3 patches since this has occurred, and nothing, not even an update from when you said you guys were aware of it.

please just give us something? are they still working on it? has any progress been made? should we just accept that this is what the mac version is now? soundless?
    Edited by JJBoomer on July 5, 2016 3:04PM
  • LaucianNailor
    LaucianNailor
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, still going on after todays patch too. Missing footsteps and horse walking/running/sprinting sounds.

I've ran a repair (none required) so this persists.
    Mac/PC EU Server

Lots of alts....561+ CP
    Inside Trade Guild
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys - just to confirm, are any of the missing sounds tied to combat abilities, or are they all in non-combat scenarios?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys - just to confirm, are any of the missing sounds tied to combat abilities, or are they all in non-combat scenarios?

Gina! You're back??

Welcome back!

I hope your time away was restful and lovely!
    Edited by JD2013 on July 5, 2016 2:35PM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    JD2013 wrote: »

Gina! You're back??

Welcome back!

Thanks! Just came back today. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »

Gina! You're back??

Welcome back!

Thanks! Just came back today. :)

Well it is very good to have you back! We all missed you! <3
    Edited by JD2013 on July 5, 2016 2:48PM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • kamimark
    kamimark
    ✭✭✭✭

They're in both. Weapon sounds are missing. Horse and foot step sounds are missing or very quiet (there's a pop/hiss sometimes). Ability sounds and horse mounting whinny are working, though.
    Kitty Rainbow Dash. pick, pick, stab.
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Both actually. in an out of combat

Metal weapon/armor sounds are completely gone.
    Ability sounds are still working.
    Footsteps/walking/running/and Horse sounds are all missing (including the neighing)
    Staff sounds go missing and then come back at random points.

p.s. and thanks for this update/acknowledgement
    Edited by JJBoomer on July 5, 2016 11:59PM
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surely logging into a Mac game will show clearly what sounds are missing? We're in week 3 now with no combat, no walking/mount walking sounds.
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Footfalls of both characters and mounts are silent on dirt, stone, and wood plank undergrounds. They are audible in water at the shoreline.

Sadly, the wolf mount's howl is also silent at the moment...
    maxresdefault.jpg

Welcome back, Gina :smiley:

Edited by KhajitFurTrader on July 5, 2016 3:17PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Ok, thanks guys! We'll take a look and see what's going on, and will let you know if we need additional info.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Niastissa
    Niastissa
    ✭✭✭

Primary weapon attacks make no sounds however the grunts made by the character swinging the weapon do okay.

The audio of th mounts when in place and you press the space key do not play.

The foot steps sounds for characters and mounts do not play.

Skills do play their sounds.

I will hop back on and double check if the shield bash plays the sound.

We would be very grateful if this could be resolved ASAP. Since this is not effecting the consoles or PC it is client sided. Please don't make us wait for patch day. Issue the patch as soon as it is fixed.

Thank you
  • Niastissa
    Niastissa
    ✭✭✭
    Let me know if you need more and I can record it and put it up on YouTube.

Edit:

I went ahead and made a recording with my iMac. Pardon the horrible frame rate the game was configured for not recording and this is meant to illustrate the horrible state of the audio in the client right now. Unreal that it still hasn't been fixed and now two weeks after it's been confirmed asking about what the issue is exactly.

Which essentially means not a darn thing has been done this entire time! :angry:

https://youtu.be/8qjqULqVQ0o
    Edited by Niastissa on July 5, 2016 6:23PM
  • Niastissa
    Niastissa
    ✭✭✭
    I have posted a video of ESO from my gaming PC to illustrate what the sound should be like on the Mac. Sadly both sound nothing alike because the Mac is missing almost all of the audio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcOx4Y8FRo0&amp;feature=youtu.be
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am in game right now, and pretty much the only sound working right now is the music...this is very bad
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So interestingly the sound problem is fixed on PTS but not on Live... can they maybe just apply the fix form PTS for the sounds to Live??
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Sporvan wrote: »
    So interestingly the sound problem is fixed on PTS but not on Live... can they maybe just apply the fix form PTS for the sounds to Live??

Was just coming in here to post that! This is fixed currently on the PTS, meaning it will be addressed once Update 11 goes live in a few weeks. Unfortunately moving the fix from PTS to a live incremental patch isn't quite as easy as it sounds (no pun intended).
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • rampoob16_ESO
    rampoob16_ESO
    ✭✭
    You want that the MacPlayer play without sound for few weeks? I can't believe that :o
    Edited by rampoob16_ESO on July 11, 2016 9:19PM
  • Hot_spur
    Hot_spur
    ✭✭✭
    Come on, you guys. This should be a higher priority than "a few weeks."
  • Niastissa
    Niastissa
    ✭✭✭
    Sporvan wrote: »

Was just coming in here to post that! This is fixed currently on the PTS, meaning it will be addressed once Update 11 goes live in a few weeks. Unfortunately moving the fix from PTS to a live incremental patch isn't quite as easy as it sounds (no pun intended).

Seriously? Weeks? ..... after a month of waiting already.

You know the fix open up your GIT client and merge that section of code and get the fix live already. It's not nearly as hard as described.....
  • Iron_Ryan
    Iron_Ryan
    Soul Shriven
    Yaaaay....... Hahah at least we know when the fix will finally come out
    Edited by Iron_Ryan on July 13, 2016 5:13PM