The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Dungeon finder seems broken today

Buffout
Buffout
I have been looking for a group using dungeon finder for 2 hours already. Im also queued as a healer. Yesterday before DB everything was ok. But today, after DB and after i completed main story it just refuses to find people.

Anyone got same issues or is it just me?
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was queued for almost 3 hours last night before giving up. 1 hour 15 min so far today. Asking in guilds and in Stormhaven and Gold Coast zone chat, not one person has reported getting a group through the tool.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • mistermacintosh
    mistermacintosh
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm... it might be because there's less people grouping.

I was up till 3 last night and still haven't finished gearing and specing my characters because I'm drowning in gear right now, trying to put together good sets from all the stuff I saved for the update.

Hopefully it's not broken again.
    Legalize Nirnroot!

Mac User, NA Server (CP810+, PVE focused):
    Magicka Templar Ra the Everlasting (Level 50 - Main Character)
    Stamina Sorcerer Khazaka-ri (Level 50 - Crafter)
    Dragonknight Tank Skalda Flamewreath (Level 50)
    Pet Sorcerer Hellias Ocume (Level 50)
    Magicka Necromancer Socelon (Level 4)

Templar Healer Mends-Through-Panic (Level 50)
    Stamina Nightblade Adanna-daro (Level 50)
    Stamina Warden Marely Sprigs (Level 50)
    Stamina Dragonknight Ursula Trollcalmer (Level 50)
    Stamina Necromancer Daengeval (Level 4)

Stamina Templar Cornellus Graves (Level 50)
    Warden Healer Pays-For-Luxury (Level 50)
    Magicka Sorcerer Sophia Flash (Level 50)
    Magicka Dragonknight Cinvalo Aloavel (Level 50)
    Magicka Nightblade Esmerelda the Cruel (Level 50)
  • hollywood
    hollywood
    ✭✭✭
    Tried it last night , queued as a healer. 1 hour and nothing , figured that everyone was doing the new content and decided to try again today. Two hours and nothing , so I think there's something wrong. Maybe the new group kick mechanic?
    Arkos Fortune - Kaor - Koras Fortune - Delaia - Leorio - Niota - Nyraele - Karos Fortune - Elara Fortune - Penélope - Frolics-in-the-swamp - Arynael - Sarovius - Eranyel
  • keiyla_ESO
    keiyla_ESO
    ✭✭
    It's broken. Dev tracker says someone is looking into it.
  • GamerNoob16
    Tried grouping today and couldn't, spent almost 2 hours looking for one. Hope they get it fixed soon.
  • Targir
    Targir
    Only 3 hrs and you guys crying already. I waited for more than 4hrs. I requeue atleast 3 times in 8 hrs
  • skullandbonesband
    skullandbonesband
    Soul Shriven
    Not worked for me too, since the update. I tried with different Characters, Vet and non vet.
  • Illijixz
    Illijixz
    Soul Shriven
    still not working, any updates?
  • jeppyboi
    jeppyboi
    Takes ages to find a group.. Even as a tank... Use to take 2mins or less
  • mildlylucid
    mildlylucid
    ✭✭✭
    Also sometimes when you find a group for a dungeon it's more than 4 people.
    Another day, another deathtrap.
    PC | NA | CP: 690+
    Main: Littlewill (50) - Khajiit Dragonknight Tank
    Alts:
    Bajzhli-do (50) - Khajiit Stamina Dragonknight DPS
    Tlanir Dro'flayn (23) - Dunmer Magicka Nightblade DPS
    Morgayne Dalodrel (21) - Breton Magicka Templar Healer
    Tumande Stormwatch (20) - Altmer Magicka Sorcerer DPS
    Tamdril Merilyn (5) - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight DPS
    Bjorngrim Ingensen (5) - Nord Warden Tank
    Gwynereth Bonecrusher (4) - Bosmer Stamina Warden DPS
  • xlWASP
    xlWASP
    keiyla_ESO wrote: »
    It's broken. Dev tracker says someone is looking into it.

Any link to a dev reporting this? Looks like something I might like to follow. Thanks.
    Templar, Champion 130+ PC NA
  • iandgls88b14a_ESO
    iandgls88b14a_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Max I've waited in the queue has been over 1 1/2 hours (many times) and I have tried many different role combinations, different dungeon queues, changed leaders, etc. It will ONLY queue (and instantly at that) when you have a full group of 4 people with the correct roles. This has only started since the DB patch.
    Edited by iandgls88b14a_ESO on June 7, 2016 12:01AM
  • Kozai
    Kozai
    ✭✭✭
    Also sometimes when you find a group for a dungeon it's more than 4 people.

I've used it twice in the last 2 days, in both cases in a group of 3 we were paired with 2 others for a "large group" of 5. Thus not everyone could enter. Worse, even though in each case someone nicely bowed out so the other 4 could get in, we had one person of the 4 not get the bonus random dungeon XPs. In one case at least I know the 2 others were already teamed, but the group finder should account for that.

This is a pretty bad bug, long waits are bad but forcing someone to quit, after which they probably have that 15 minute cooldown, and having someone who does get in not even get credit are both nasty.
  • Meneleas
    Meneleas
    ✭✭
    The timer still seems broken, way over an hour queuing for random as tank / dps and it never popped. Teamed up in a group in the end.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    The hotfix yesterday did not fully fix the ongoing issues with the Grouping Tool. We have additional fixes we're working on - sorry for the frustrations, everyone.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • mildlylucid
    mildlylucid
    ✭✭✭
    Another issue I found with the group finder... Me and 2 mates were queuing for a dungeon and then it told me the party had disbanded while my 2 mates got put with 2 randoms. The group finder literally kicked me from a group. (Kinda ironic)
    Another day, another deathtrap.
    PC | NA | CP: 690+
    Main: Littlewill (50) - Khajiit Dragonknight Tank
    Alts:
    Bajzhli-do (50) - Khajiit Stamina Dragonknight DPS
    Tlanir Dro'flayn (23) - Dunmer Magicka Nightblade DPS
    Morgayne Dalodrel (21) - Breton Magicka Templar Healer
    Tumande Stormwatch (20) - Altmer Magicka Sorcerer DPS
    Tamdril Merilyn (5) - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight DPS
    Bjorngrim Ingensen (5) - Nord Warden Tank
    Gwynereth Bonecrusher (4) - Bosmer Stamina Warden DPS
  • Sleep
    Sleep
    ✭✭✭✭
    i didn't notice any fix from the patch
  • Meneleas
    Meneleas
    ✭✭
    The hotfix yesterday did not fully fix the ongoing issues with the Grouping Tool. We have additional fixes we're working on - sorry for the frustrations, everyone.

Thanks for updating us - fingers crossed.
  • Targir
    Targir
    Please give us back the dungeon queue scripts before you guys make any changes. You changed from good to bad.
    I'm a tank and waited for 2 hrs. I hate to beg for group or have to run to big city to get a group.
    I'm so afraid of patches. I requeued and it's now 52 minutes and counting.
    Please take your time and do it right. My programming teacher always said. "Fast is slow". When rushing and one wrong mistake will take 10 times the amount of time to find it.
    Thank you for listening.
  • Makovorn
    Makovorn
    ✭✭
    Yep, it's very much still broken. It's really killing a large part of the game I enjoy very much. LFG in chat is an option, but it's a schlep. Before DB, I would queue as a healer/DPS and on average, my waiting time would be around 3 to 5 minutes. Now, it's basically indefinitely.

I queued yesterday evening - left it on for the whole night. By the time I was done playing, I STILL haven't found a group through the tool. I'm thinking of just moving on from ESO until they fix this. It's really annoying.

Take your time to fix it right, but please, please, keep the communication channels open on this one.
    Edited by Makovorn on June 11, 2016 7:57AM
  • xlWASP
    xlWASP
    I've finished the main story line, fighters/mages guild, DB, & working on Thieves guild. So many times I just want to queue up for a dungeon and work my Undaunted but CAN'T. I would actually run random dungeons back-to-back if I could. I spend a lot of time solo so the grouping is nice to have as a break from quest grinding.

I quit playing two years ago, a month after launch, because of game-breaking glitches. Here I am again, bc of my love for the Elder Scrolls franchise, and the game STILL has issues (like all game, I know).

I love that ESO even exists. I have no code experience.
    But... two years, still, you guys have issues with breaking the game bc of updates. Even initially this game launched with massive amounts of glitches. Lol.

Done ranting.

Fix the Dungeon Finder please. Love, WASP.
    Templar, Champion 130+ PC NA
  • MarXmaN1776
    MarXmaN1776
    ✭✭
    Please make fixing this group finder a priority. I don't know how it is supposed to work but I have three toons at level 14 and I cannot get queued for the few dungeons that are appropriate for me.

I used to play Firefall that had a very powerful LFG addon that would allow you to find groubs for the content you wanted at the appropriate level. Such a LFG browser is one of the most important in an MMO because even though you might be in a guild, people usually have different goals in any single day and different levels most of the time anyway. So hate me for saying it but PUGGING plays a key role in MMOs. Maybe not so much for guild tailored endgame raids (which technically should be pugable too) but for the path of levelling TO GET THERE.
  • keiyla_ESO
    keiyla_ESO
    ✭✭
    Can it at least get rolled back until fixes are done? This is becoming game-breaking.

You can only get into a dungeon if you have a pre-made group.

If one person leaves the group, gets kicked, or goes offline then gets kicked, the group is still considered "full." This means you can't invite a 4th from outside the dungeon, nor can you queue back into the group finder to find a replacement. For all intents and purposes, the second one person leaves the group for any reason, the entire dungeon is forfeit, and everyone now has to disband, take the penalty, and try again.

My friend and I tried for 2 hours, and the best we had was one group. After that, we've get a group, join, the tank bails because it's ICP or something, and we're back to square one, because there is literally no way to fill his place. The group finder still thinks he's in the group. We've tried passing "party leader" around, everyone leaving the dungeon and coming back, the leader leaving and coming back.. there is just no workaround once someone leaves a group.

One time we looked for a replacement, and got 2.. group was too big with 5. The game wouldn't let me go to the dungeon. However, the leader couldn't vote to kick anyone (it said he'd already voted, even though he didn't), so even though I had been in the original party, I had to leave the group and wait for them to finish.

I haven't played the game but 3 days in two weeks because of this broken group finder- it's broken the ability to even do a dungeon, not just the ability to find a group-- and I'm about done.
    Edited by keiyla_ESO on June 13, 2016 10:05AM
  • Zeholipael
    Zeholipael
    Soul Shriven
    Man, this issue is really taking a long time to fix :/
  • Shaloran
    Shaloran
    ✭✭
    Can you ever put anything into this game without breaking the group finder EVERY SINGLE TIME!?!?!?!?!?!?

I AM DONE! I'VE *** HAD IT WITH THIS ***!!!
  • Shaloran
    Shaloran
    ✭✭
    IT'S ALWAYS THE GOD DAMN *** GROUP FINDER YOU IDIOTS *** UP!! ALWAYS!!!!
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    It been over a week now, any further news on this bug, incredibly frustrating to be half way through a dungeon having someone leave, then have to start an new group and start from the begining again.

Everyday people are unable to use the GF increases the risk that people stop using it even after you fix it.
  • Makovorn
    Makovorn
    ✭✭
    What I don't understand, is how do you guys even get IN to a dungeon through the grouping tool in the first place? Honest to gods, I've been firing up the LFG tool for the last few weeks and I've never left a play session where I got in ... ever. And I'm talking 1 to 5 hour play sessions.

It seems to be malfunctioning 100% for me.
    Edited by Makovorn on June 16, 2016 11:04AM
  • velocidad
    velocidad
    ✭✭
    Makovorn wrote: »
    What I don't understand, is how do you guys even get IN to a dungeon through the grouping tool in the first place? Honest to gods, I've been firing up the LFG tool for the last few weeks and I've never left a play session where I got in ... ever. And I'm talking 1 to 5 hour play sessions.

^Same here

but still not a single word from ZOS. This should be 100% priority after the cheat engine issue.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    velocidad wrote: »
    Makovorn wrote: »

^Same here

but still not a single word from ZOS. This should be 100% priority after the cheat engine issue.

Cheat engine issue seems to have been dealt with, using a smokescreen and a blind eye (and reinstatement of most banned players). Time to fix the grounder now.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche