The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

A message from Zazeer - Hacking

• Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry man,but any honorable man would have never stained their own name. We can only report things, do what we can within the rules ZOS has set for us. When you used the cheats you became one of the cheaters.

Maybe ZOS should work with the community with designated days where the devs work with players who purposefully attempt to hack the game? So ZOS can identify and fix things.

You fell into darkness. Look at the consequences. ZOS had enough (and rightfully so). They are allowing people to post names and show proof. The video did you in. You destroyed your name, embarrassed all those associated with you, made Rylana cry irl, negated every post Briizz made about you and the guild..... But worst of all, YOU CAN NEVER BE ADDED TO THE ESO HALL OF FAME BECAUSE OF THE ASTERIKS BY YOUR NAME OF CHEATING, STEROIDS, AND OF FIXING BETS WITH GUILD vs GUILD MATCHUPS!

But personally you disappointed me as well. In my epic forum stories I always built you up to be this powerful warlord pushing the COVENANT to its limits! I failed at properly vetting the subject of my story. I probably deserve a ban for that alone!

• Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1507v7.jpg
  • Myrcy
    Myrcy
    ✭✭
    proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.fjcdn.com%2Fpictures%2FSuperman_227d10_2033631.jpg&hash=ac645ecca0cb5fea952df34b9bdd792b
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    Minno wrote: »
    Thanks for bringing 3rd programs to the forefront. But it's a misguided sense of vigilantism. Here's why:

-you actually don't care for the well being of the game. If you did, you would have done a close test on one toon and sent video to zOS or actively sent them the link to download it.
    - In fact your actions above and by other hackers suggest you want the game to die. Week before a major patch, it's no rocket-science you know ZOS would be understaffed to tackle this issue. Why wait for this week to do it? Why not after DB? It's painfully obvious why it was done in this timeframe.

I expect AD and EP to follow DC's example in all guild leads to G-tick any individuals seen using these hacks. I expect the perfection in this community, so rise above it.

And I expect full bans from ZOS. Streamer, casual, or guild lead it doesn't matter.

AD and DC should follow EP's example actually. He was in DR, an EP guild, and he is no longer. We have also adopted a zero tolerance policy, any users of this cheat will be removed and reported, no appeal or questions asked.

Guys, don't turn this into an alliance argument. I suspect that NONE of the serious PvP guilds would tolerate these exploits. So let's not make this about who acted first and which faction is the most honorable.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »
    Thanks for bringing 3rd programs to the forefront. But it's a misguided sense of vigilantism. Here's why:

-you actually don't care for the well being of the game. If you did, you would have done a close test on one toon and sent video to zOS or actively sent them the link to download it.
    - In fact your actions above and by other hackers suggest you want the game to die. Week before a major patch, it's no rocket-science you know ZOS would be understaffed to tackle this issue. Why wait for this week to do it? Why not after DB? It's painfully obvious why it was done in this timeframe.

I expect AD and EP to follow DC's example in all guild leads to G-tick any individuals seen using these hacks. I expect the perfection in this community, so rise above it.

And I expect full bans from ZOS. Streamer, casual, or guild lead it doesn't matter.

AD and DC should follow EP's example actually. He was in DR, an EP guild, and he is no longer. We have also adopted a zero tolerance policy, any users of this cheat will be removed and reported, no appeal or questions asked.

Guys, don't turn this into an alliance argument. I suspect that NONE of the serious PvP guilds would tolerate these exploits. So let's not make this about who acted first and which faction is the most honorable.

Well im pissed off that one of the AD guild leaders in this thread is throwing trash at Zaz for what hes done, but has people in his group doing it now too. Its hypocrisy.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • BossTuggles
    BossTuggles
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree with the guy. Ask yourselves how many times you have bug reported or reported some random guy for speed hacking. This game has been going down the shitter for a long time we all know it. WE HAVE brought up the issues WE HAVE pointed out bugs/exploits/whatever you wanna call em. They have fixed NOTHING. *** from beta is still broken in this game. So now someone grows a pair and makes it UNAVOIDABLE for ZOS, UNABLE to sweep under the rug. Yea they are forcing ZoS' hand on the issue but nothing would be fixed if this wasn't going to be brought to the public. Not turning the guy into a martyr or anything but lets be real. This is the only type of thing that'll make that needle move.
    Like a Boss!
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was unaware EP was already G-baning players. Major applause!

DC will continue to do this. Personally if I'm leading an Guard raid, I will not work with any DC players/guilds seen hacking and won't attack keeps where hackers are seen at.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zazeer, I understand completely why you did this. But here's why you and your choice of methods are wrong:
    1. Vast (99%+) majority of the playerbase were ignorant of CheatEngine
    2. There is no easy fix coming from ZoS -- otherwise it would have been done two years ago.
    3. Now everyone knows about it.
    4. Some (not all) will follow the logically fallacy of "if he's [Zazeer, next guy] doing it so will I." OR the MMO maxim, "Exploit early and often." It honestly doesn't even matter how many. Once a few adopt, everyone will have to do it. For reference, see past examples: Emperor siege, WoE/Purge, Lag/Ulti bugs, etc.
    5. The integrity of PvP is basically shattered. And it was barely healthy anyway. This in a PvP game with a declining playerbase, declining level of competition, and no additions in two years -- what are the odds of a full recovery? A huge patch is incoming with lots of content and balance changes.
    Azrael01 wrote: »
    the hackers are now panicking
    No they're not, they're laughing. Hackers, by definition, do not care about the integrity of the game.
    Jules wrote: »
    And long into the wee hours of Monday morning you continued to "raise awareness" with your cheating manipulations long after it was already clear the point had resonated with the community. Why did you do this? Attention. Just like you say. But not for the community. For your own selfish intents and notoriety. You did it because you were having fun killing everyone. You did it because you liked the power of being unstoppable, though realistically, you were much easier to kill even with infinite resources and ultimate than any decent player would have been.

@Jules, gets to the crux of the matter. If you were truly, altruistically, benevolently trying to help the community you would have created a controlled environment, demonstrated all the hacks, and posted the video. Instead, you decided to go out "in style" and selfishly exploited a ruined PvP environment for EVERYONE ELSE IN THE GAME. Grow. Up.

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally agree with the guy. Ask yourselves how many times you have bug reported or reported some random guy for speed hacking. This game has been going down the shitter for a long time we all know it. WE HAVE brought up the issues WE HAVE pointed out bugs/exploits/whatever you wanna call em. They have fixed NOTHING. *** from beta is still broken in this game. So now someone grows a pair and makes it UNAVOIDABLE for ZOS, UNABLE to sweep under the rug. Yea they are forcing ZoS' hand on the issue but nothing would be fixed if this wasn't going to be brought to the public. Not turning the guy into a martyr or anything but lets be real. This is the only type of thing that'll make that needle move.

He could of done that two years ago . Or when ever he found the cheat engine

I've fought him several times and always believed people when I was suspicious that it was "lag" or I needed to get gud ... So maybe it's Poetic Justice ...
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Certainly you are right; it needed to be unavoidable. But during the last stretch of patch time when zOS is at their most stressed? Why not a month ago? 3 months ago, or after DB hits.

It was dropped to deliberately sabotage ZOS and the DB patch. All the words won't hide that intent.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Ommy71
    Ommy71
    ✭✭✭
    Daymond wrote: »
    Could you not have just done this on the pts and make a video? Still would of showed how bad cheats can mess with the game but not mess the live servers up so much?

This.
    ommyy - Stamblade - Brigadier - Master Angler - Former Emperor - All trophies Done - Stormproof - 27400 Achievement Points....
    PC-EU
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All I'm going to say is PAUL SAGE said it!!! He wanted APIs closed! He understood the consequences! He wanted ESO to have as many shields up around it as possible in this day and age! But no! The crying and whining! "WE NEED ADDONS ZOS!" We need the map to show us where all the lore books and sky shards are without exploring and following the achievement clues! We need to see numbers flying across the screen even though many of us don't have the eye sight or math skills to make use of those numbers!

I remember you Paul Sage! I remember you! You knew all along the consequences!!
    Edited by Publius_Scipio on May 30, 2016 3:59PM
  • diskiukas
    diskiukas
    ✭✭✭
    I am not saying that it was done properly and this whole ordeal makes me depressed, but if you remember like 2 months ago there was video of sorc spamming Atronach in PVE? Not many cared much and ZOS simply, my guess, ignored. Maybe something like this was the only way to get ZOS attention ( though we dont know yet that they going to do something about it, besides banning people) IDK.
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »

Well im pissed off that one of the AD guild leaders in this thread is throwing trash at Zaz for what hes done, but has people in his group doing it now too. Its hypocrisy.

Anasazi also claims AD doesn't zerg on Haderus. He's irrational. Everyone knows DR as honorable a guild as you're going to find in this game. Just ignore the crazy people and focus on the bigger issues.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Lyar09
    Lyar09
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am so relieved that I took a break from eso until DB launch. All of this non sense has just solidified my unwilling desire to not play eso right now.

As for Zaz, I don't buy your message. You and a lot of your guildies were always the forerunners of using the latest and greatest exploits that eso had to offer. I am not surprised that you decided to blow up eso because you were done with the game.
    PC/NA | twitch.tv/ohhlyar | youtube.com/lyaryt
  • Akgurd
    Akgurd
    ✭✭✭
    Well if anyone thinks ZOS can save the world TWO DAY before major update, in middle of holiday weekend... You should really stop leeching on your dad and mom and work.
    Aknight
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    Lol, look at this scrub trying pass himself off as some kind of messiah on a crucifix. There's a reason vigilante justice is illegal in the real world. So idiots like you who think they know best don't end up causing causing irreparable damage that they can't even comprehend. But what do you care? Looks like you were gonna quit anyways. So I don't buy your story for a second, and even if I did, it's irrelevent in light of the damage you've caused.

You have always been and always will be trash in my eyes.

Pretty much. Now that his name is out there and people are aware of his actions now he puts out a statement about how he was doing it for the community. Im sure a few will buy it because theyre the ones thats been spreading that narrative since this news broke. Giving every hacker a potential defense to use. Not that itll amount to anything. This is something to be banned over.

If he was doing this for noble reasons. Youd think he'd turn a ticket in, make a thread announcing his plans and highlighting whats actually going on and then asking the community to keep an eye out for it. But no, hes saving face now that his reputation is dirt. When hes been outted for the cheater that he is.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    We're locking this thread as good-bye threads are not permitted on these forums and there are already ample discussions regarding the prevailing issue.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.