The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

(VIDEO) Cyrodiil is a buggy mess.

• JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One problem is that players are blaming the wrong people. This is a Zenimax problem, not a ZoS problem. Brian, Eric, Gina, and Matt Firor too, all wanted to make an awesome game for us. Problem is, Zenimax is a privately held media company that doesn't give a *** about anything except IP, digital content, and quarterly sales. You are all blaming the wrong people and when you just crap up the forums with anger against the developers it's counterproductive because it's not their fault. It just bugs me that people don't see this.
  • JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »
    frozywozy wrote: »
    For me and most of people in my guild, performances got only better, latency and fps wise. Don't talk like it is the same thing for everybody. It is not. Plenty of people admitted that they get better performances with this new DLC. If you are still getting major fps drops (under 10fps) or latency issues (above 1k ms), it is definitely not on their end.

Yes the sound bug is annoying, yes getting rooted as I spam my leap is annoying. But this is a detail compared to the overall mechanics holding this game together. There could be so much worse than that.. like meteor spam lag, permabats dk vamps, caltrops giving siege immunity or falling through the world 50% of the time when you get feared.

I'm curious how many of you guys who complain 20times a day in these forums have been forum warriors back in Vanilla Wow.. and if you have any clue of what kind of ressources it takes to make a strong mmo rolling.

You think that BDO and CU are going to be better? You make me laugh. Go play your other games for now. I understand, not everybody is patient enough to wait for a better game. But once they finally fix performances and balance, you will all be back in TESO because BDO and CU don't have the budget, the fans, the reputation and the ressources to make their game as promising as this one. Not even close.

Ah, Stockholm Syndrome at it's finest.

I reluctantly reserve hope for CU because they did not use some third party *** engine. ZoS licensed Hero Engine and then customized it. Needless to say, they don't have control over a lot of the way things work, nor the expertise. If they had intended to re-use their code in another game, like, say, NCSOFT, they would have gone completely in-house and from scratch. But this is it for Zenimax. This is their MMO. This is their cash cow. You know there will never be a Fallout MMO, although that is a somewhat different story.

Unfortunately CU has g** art and lore. Elder Scrolls is badass and it should have gone down better for ESO.
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me and most of people in my guild, performances got only better, latency and fps wise. Don't talk like it is the same thing for everybody. It is not. Plenty of people admitted that they get better performances with this new DLC. If you are still getting major fps drops (under 10fps) or latency issues (above 1k ms), it is definitely not on their end.

Yes the sound bug is annoying, yes getting rooted as I spam my leap is annoying. But this is a detail compared to the overall mechanics holding this game together. There could be so much worse than that.. like meteor spam lag, permabats dk vamps, caltrops giving siege immunity or falling through the world 50% of the time when you get feared.

I'm curious how many of you guys who complain 20times a day in these forums have been forum warriors back in Vanilla Wow.. and if you have any clue of what kind of ressources it takes to make a strong mmo rolling.

You think that BDO and CU are going to be better? You make me laugh. Go play your other games for now. I understand, not everybody is patient enough to wait for a better game. But once they finally fix performances and balance, you will all be back in TESO because BDO and CU don't have the budget, the fans, the reputation and the ressources to make their game as promising as this one. Not even close.

frozy you have really lost the plot O.O

from launch til now 2 years down the track my fps has gone from respectable levels to hardly running. my lag has gone from playable to 20v20 lag. You know what is holding the game together? Sticky tape and glue.

You do realise ZOS has had 2 years to fix fps and lag? 2 years of empty promises? CU is finally having its lighting systems put in. The game is looking great. The sheer amount of things you can do in the game and how free it is, is amazing. ZOS cant handle 40-60 people in the same area while a non optimized alpha CU can handle 800~ players in the same exact spot spamming abilities. Like open your eyes.

We arent patient enough to wait? We have been waiting 2 years...
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »

UL2cSY8.jpg?1

4 million isn't considered large budget? Especially for a small studio like CSE? (I actually don't know here)

And I'm sorry, but Zenimax's reputation is probably the worst I've ever heard of in terms of what they deliver for PvPers, and their communication skills with the community. Once they finally fix performances, we will be in 2025, and I'm probably being overly optimistic. That's simply because they don't give a crap about PvP performance, and you know why?

Because the pvp population represents less than 1% of the entire playerbase and probably less than 1% of their income.
    It's easy to figure out, look at how many campaigns there are in NA and EU, realise how few of them are poplocked, and realise that a pop locked server is probably around 400-500 people. PvP is NOT important to them, and really, at this point in time you can't blame them because there's no way in hell that investing the necessary ressources to fix PvP will be worth it for them.
    So they'll keep pumping out PvE DLCs and patches, each and every one of them will break new stuff, just like the previous 234567543 patches, and that will add on to the previous broken stuff that still isn't fixed after 6 months

To answer your question

DAOC was made on less then $4 Million

and CU is is not just 4 million..they got that from the players....Mark Jacobs put in like an extra 5-10 million with investors.

They're also not really having any PVE...which eats up a *** ton of your budget..Its also not trying to be BDO in terms of graphics but more of an upgrade to DAOCs graphics...So that budget is fairly reasonable..

Honestly I've kind of given up on Cyrodiil PvP....I'm going to sit in Imperial City which doesn't seem to lag and has decent action.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JDar wrote: »
    One problem is that players are blaming the wrong people. This is a Zenimax problem, not a ZoS problem. Brian, Eric, Gina, and Matt Firor too, all wanted to make an awesome game for us. Problem is, Zenimax is a privately held media company that doesn't give a *** about anything except IP, digital content, and quarterly sales. You are all blaming the wrong people and when you just crap up the forums with anger against the developers it's counterproductive because it's not their fault. It just bugs me that people don't see this.

While I agree that Zenimax leadership is ultimately responsible for all products under its umbrella, I believe it is also fair to hold ZOS leadership accountable as well. It's impossible for us to know what goes on behind the scenes. But whatever the case may be, part of their jobs as leaders is taking flak for problematic products and decisions for which they are directly responsible.

I did not beta test myself (aside from the open beta), but I've read the opinions of the experienced MMO players from the remnants of the old Fires of Heaven community (rerolled.org) -- which was once arguably the center of the MMO unverse. Many respected users were highly skeptical of ZOS leadership. I seem to recall they were generally considered arrogant, aloof and of questionable intelligence. Many of the problems rerolled users complained about then persist today. ZOS ignored their feedback as ZOS ignores ours today.

I don't think Gina a factor in any of our issues with the game. But Matt Firor? Every single one.

@Jdar Why do you say ESO uses a modified Hero Engine? Has ZOS ever contradicted the following?
    Matt Firor wrote:
    We started ZeniMax Online from scratch, with no employees and no technology. We had to build everything ourselves. It takes a long time to write game engines, especially MMO engines, which are inherently more complicated than typical single-player ones. So, we decided to license the HeroEngine to give us a headstart. It was a useful tool for us to use to prototype areas and game design concepts, and it provided us the ability to get art into the game that was visible, so we could work on the game’s art style. Our plan is for ESO to be a world class MMO, with the most advanced social features found in any MMO to date – so while we were prototyping the game on HeroEngine, we were simultaneously developing our own client, server, and messaging layer that were specifically designed with ESO in mind. Think of HeroEngine as a whiteboard for us – a great tool to get some ideas in the game and start looking at them while the production engine was in development.
    Edited by zyk on March 31, 2016 8:57AM
  • Horker
    Horker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Messy1 wrote: »
    The doom and gloom continues to spread. I was highly optimistic about PvP in Cyrodil and have been a loyal customer of ESO, but that optimism is being slowly eroded and now I am setiously thinking about quiting this game.

No ETA for customers, they dont give a ***, all hypocrite lies
    ROSES ARE RED, VIOLETS ARE BLUE, TRINIMAC IS DEAD, MALACATH IS TRUE
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Etaniel wrote: »

UL2cSY8.jpg?1

4 million isn't considered large budget? Especially for a small studio like CSE? (I actually don't know here)

And I'm sorry, but Zenimax's reputation is probably the worst I've ever heard of in terms of what they deliver for PvPers, and their communication skills with the community. Once they finally fix performances, we will be in 2025, and I'm probably being overly optimistic. That's simply because they don't give a crap about PvP performance, and you know why?

Because the pvp population represents less than 1% of the entire playerbase and probably less than 1% of their income.
    It's easy to figure out, look at how many campaigns there are in NA and EU, realise how few of them are poplocked, and realise that a pop locked server is probably around 400-500 people. PvP is NOT important to them, and really, at this point in time you can't blame them because there's no way in hell that investing the necessary ressources to fix PvP will be worth it for them.
    So they'll keep pumping out PvE DLCs and patches, each and every one of them will break new stuff, just like the previous 234567543 patches, and that will add on to the previous broken stuff that still isn't fixed after 6 months

They're also not really having any PVE...which eats up a *** ton of your budget..Its also not trying to be BDO in terms of graphics but more of an upgrade to DAOCs graphics...So that budget is fairly reasonable..

Well I CU there will be some pve it's just there's no progression from pve I. E not the same pve to level pvp once your done. Also imo BDO graphics aren't anything special sure the character creation had a lot of details but do you really see that when it comes to gameplay. CU s customization comes in the form of gameplay mechanics not whether someone's nose is leaning slightly to the left. That being said whether they can balance 30 unique classes which aren't mirrored on all factions will be left to be seen.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    What really bugs me is that ZOS staff such as @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_BrianWheeler won't even acknowledge major issues and apologize for inconveniencing us by introducing them.

There is no ownership of the issues, no accountability and no respect shown to us as customers.

Widespread bugs such as the 50% FPS drop bug (since 2.2) and the sound cutout bug (since 2.3) need to be treated as high priority.

Anyone angry with how we've been treated by ZOS needs to hold Zenimax accountable. Don't give them another cent. For any product. Zenimax deserves the same kind of bad press EA gets.

They dont owe you any apologies. Wow man get over yourself.
  • Minsc
    Minsc
    ✭✭✭
    It is a better use of anyone's time if you put on ignore the white knights and just focus on criticism

@ZOS_MattFiror : "Having been in MMOs for a very long time," he said, "I know and understand that community very well. And that is a very vocal community - a lot of the time vocal critics of what you're doing. But those people who take the time to pick your game apart, and sometimes they tell you things that you didn't know was wrong with the game - those are the people you want playing your game, because they're the people most invested in your game, because they care enough about it to complain.

"The worst situation for a game community to be in," he added, "is where no one posts on the boards because they don't care. If they post on the boards, they care. Even if they're not being so polite about it. But that's a fact of life: you're an internet game, you're on the internet, you have an internet community. And the internet community is always very vocal.

"So what you do is learn from it," he said. "You make sure you do the best job to deliver the best game that you can and they you go from there."

From : http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-18-the-elder-scrolls-onlines-main-story-is-100-per-cent-solo

Of course that was not the first time that he said things inconsistent with the reality that many players face(d)
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/232471/reddit-matt-firor-claims-dramatic-pvp-lag-fix-incoming/p1

http://www.engadget.com/2014/03/14/elder-scrolls-online-promises-polished-lag-free-launch-experie/

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/177knh/interview_with_elder_scrolls_online_game_director/?
    Edited by Minsc on March 31, 2016 10:18AM
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think its 2 steps forwards 3 steps back most of the time.....with an occasional 3 steps forward and two steps back.

Many of the changes for the eye candy, flora and fauna, storylines ect I welcome.
    ie the gameworld they create is second to none for me.

The problem is and always has been for the core.
    Its like seeing a neighbours car with all different coloured panels, some of which aren't even for the same car and their is odd sized wheels with one missing and one punctured tyre.
    Theres bondo and gaffa tape all over it.
    Its a total cluster*

Someone with clear GLOBAL vision needs to decide what has to be done, how it should be, create a roadmap/framework and start putting everything right and doing some cohesive repairs.
    Creating new problems to fix old problems (on an issue by issue basis) through naivety and laziness is just flushing this game down the toilet.
    Stop patching the thing piecemeal and start renovating it properly.

This game has turned into nothing more than which guild can identify the next unbalanced broken exploit first and wipe out everyone else to satisfy the desire to WIN at all and any cost. Then defending the indefensible for as long as possible to maintain their dominance. They cheese their way to victory and then shout L2Exploit L2P at everyone else. Zos has forgotten that this game was supposed to be fun for everyone. Hence the balance is so fubarred.

I now honestly believe that they are simply incapable of envisioning a truly balanced game.
    Whats worse....its deliberately designed that way.
    Embrace the bias....role the DPS...or leave is where its at.

This ship has no rudder. Do I jump off and take my chances or hope the ship doesn't hit anything else...and probably sink for good.
    Edited by Rune_Relic on March 31, 2016 10:50AM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • ZOS_MollyH
    There are already several topics regarding lag and theorizing about the future and direction of ESO. We're going to close this as it's now containing a lot of insults and non-constructive feedback. Please review the Code of Conduct at this time.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.