The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Report Player fails on Mac

agegarton
agegarton
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I wonder if anyone else has had this issue?

Twice I have had the need to report players for crappy conduct. On both occasions, the Report Player option simply crashes, leaving a blank (black) box and nothing to select. Reloading didn't help either - I suspect this feature just does not work.

(FYI, both players were going to be reported for selling items in zone chat, then sending cod emails with inferior or fewer items - it's a growing problem; arguably it's easy to check before you send, but if you trade a lot you'll eventually get stung by simply accepting the cod.....unfortunately there's not a hell of a lot you can do about it, especially if you can't even report the "player").
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds pretty serious, so I'd submit a support ticket for that one with any evidence if the report thing isn't working in game. Still good that you brought it up here so the bug can be looked into anyway
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    By the way, the main scam to look out for - know a few people who have fallen for this and I will admit it is the one I fell for too - is when you buy Tempering Alloy. The seller can send a COD email, but send Citrine instead. At a glance you'll think you got your Alloys, because the icon for Citrine is identical. The value, however, could not be more different!
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On the live, 32-bit client, this has been a known issue ever since the introduction of OS X 10.10 Yosemite. The cross-platform, third party HTML library that's used to display the Customer Support section within the UI broke down as Apple had changed APIs with the newer OS, and apparently the manufacturer of said library did not provide compatible updates .

On the PTS, within the new 64-bit client, this issue has been fixed (presumably by replacing the HTML library in its entirety with another one, which also supports 64-bit code), and the Customer Support section works just fine. ;)
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you reached the ignored player cap of 100 people? Reporting people basically just puts them on ignore and sends your complaint into the trash can. Very rarely are player reports actually substantial enough for action. I do have to admit that this sounds like a buyer beware problem.
    Edited by nordsavage on February 20, 2016 6:21PM
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • ZOS_CoriJ
    ZOS_CoriJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there,
    While I cannot address this issue directly, we wanted to move this discussion to the Mac Technical forum where the discussion can be addressed by other Mac users. We hope that this helps to gather some more attention for the issue.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

No longer available to take PMs or messages: Please defer to another Moderator
    Staff Post
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks all. I agree it's a "buyer beware" problem at the root - an annoying scam nonetheless. I have sent a ticket to the folks in support both to report the player and the notify them of the tech issue.

Good to know that the long-awaited 64bit client should fix some of these technical issues.