The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

Thinking of building a stamplar

Lightninvash
Lightninvash
✭✭✭✭✭
I started playing the game again recently to see how it flows and seems like most of the issues I had were fixed in the game. That being said I was thinking of making a stamplar. I love the Templar class currently have almost vet14 healer based Templar. I was wondering what would be a good combo of weps. I was thinking 2h maybe bow for the distance attacks. I know some of the Templar class abilities are ranged so would it be better to go DW or sword &shield instead of bow? So I can have some defense and attack capabilities as well as Damage with the 2H. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. what would be a good attribute allocation for a stamplar because I know Hp will be required as well as stamina but not 100% on how the average user allocates. Also not looking for build just ideas to see which would suit me best :)

Thanks,

Lightninvash
Edited by Lightninvash on December 16, 2015 4:06PM

Best Answers

• mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ranged abilities from templar are all magicka based, so you won't be doing much damage with them if you're stamina based. Focus on the bow abilities for ranged.
    For melee, use puncturing strikes and morph to biting jabs.
    Use repentance from the restoring light tree to regain stamina after kills.
    Most of the other abilities will be from your weapons as most templar attacks are magicka based.
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • Swen_von_Walhallion
    well for PvE for dps is best choce DW for stamplar, you get much more wpn dmg then with 2h. only reson use 2h is momentum with major brutality, its onyl reason i have 2h in ofhand ( 2h execute skill sux its beter spaming bitting then use execute for stamplar) and as imperial i have no atribute in healt and still siting on 19k hp and over 38k stamina. and for pvp well you it one of worst pvp clases most of aedric sper pasives are wehn you have eqviped or using aedric spear abilites, which mean if you go for WB 2h spam build you throv all oyur aedric pasives out or you will be using biting which are easy avoidable (and are much beter with DW then with 2h).
    Adraria Argentum Draco - imperial Stamplar
    Bevdyen Tus Ntxhuav - Orc Stamplar
    Celestun Ira Dei- Imperial Tankplar
    Halldis Rautt Höfuð- Nord Tankplar
    Misawa Yoshike - Breton Healplar
    Lae'ozhael - Dunmer Magplar
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mr_wazzabi thanks for the info on that :)
    Edited by Lightninvash on December 16, 2015 5:56PM
    Options
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bow for ranged attacks can be veeery handy during some fights in certain dungeons, it is not required though. But for instance the Planar Inhibitor in veteran White Gold Tower can be "problematic" to handle, if you don't have a ranged skill to quickly take out distant portals.
    - I have seen both magicka and stamina templars do this melee, however they had to reaaally work for it, compared to anyone with a ranged skill slotted during that fight. Personally I wouldn't be able to pull it off melee, ever..... I'm too lazy to l2p that good.

2Handed is very good for single target, however most templars use Biting Jabs as their main attack, as it provides a bit higher damage. Templar is blessed/cursed with having higher damage with class abilities :3 However 2handed has an execution skill that might come in handy. I don't know if it pays off for templars to use or if continuing to spam Biting Jabs is better.

Dual Wield is great for AoE. Biting Jabs is sort of an AoE cone, but it's best used in fights with 1-3 enemies, any more than that and Steel Tornado from Dual Wield is a much better option.
    Edited by failkiwib16_ESO on December 16, 2015 6:20PM
    Options
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nooooooooooo. Don't do it. Kidding of course as my main is a stamplar and I love him. However I feel I must let you know, as far as high end pve like vet MA, we are not in a great spot atm. Actually, we're probably dead last on completions and first in level of difficulty. The build advice given by the others is sound though and will serve you well for most content. I feel we're terrible in pvp right now as well but I'm personally not good enough at pvp to state such claims as fact.
    Options
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They say it is the hardest thing to play. I play it since I started the game, but I can't really judge, because I have very little comparison. But at least when you kill somebody it gives you a good feeling that it wasn't thx to your OP class.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
    Options
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bow for ranged attacks can be veeery handy during some fights in certain dungeons, it is not required though. But for instance the Planar Inhibitor in veteran White Gold Tower can be "problematic" to handle, if you don't have a ranged skill to quickly take out distant portals.
    - I have seen both magicka and stamina templars do this melee, however they had to reaaally work for it, compared to anyone with a ranged skill slotted during that fight. Personally I wouldn't be able to pull it off melee, ever..... I'm too lazy to l2p that good.

2Handed is very good for single target, however most templars use Biting Jabs as their main attack, as it provides a bit higher damage. Templar is blessed/cursed with having higher damage with class abilities :3 However 2handed has an execution skill that might come in handy. I don't know if it pays off for templars to use or if continuing to spam Biting Jabs is better.

Dual Wield is great for AoE. Biting Jabs is sort of an AoE cone, but it's best used in fights with 1-3 enemies, any more than that and Steel Tornado from Dual Wield is a much better option.

on my healer when doing solo stuff I tend to use a lot of radial sweep which is the other morph of biting jabs so I know how useful it can be. to fight off mobs. I wanted to use 2h because of rally mostly for a stamina heal that and vigor. I had seen a few pe4ople using sword n shield as well but I feel if I use that then ill be short aoe and ranged attacks
    Nooooooooooo. Don't do it. Kidding of course as my main is a stamplar and I love him. However I feel I must let you know, as far as high end pve like vet MA, we are not in a great spot atm. Actually, we're probably dead last on completions and first in level of difficulty. The build advice given by the others is sound though and will serve you well for most content. I feel we're terrible in pvp right now as well but I'm personally not good enough at pvp to state such claims as fact.

I know my healing Templar is sub par for pvp minus healing. I can still take on the other classes, when I use my heavy armor only, because I can take a few hits and radial sweep(jabs) that heals as well.
    Jura23 wrote: »
    They say it is the hardest thing to play. I play it since I started the game, but I can't really judge, because I have very little comparison. But at least when you kill somebody it gives you a good feeling that it wasn't thx to your OP class.

I started as a magica Templar and made the other classes but never got into them like I have with Templar. but only having the one that is magica based I have little to no experience on how a stamina based class works haha
    Options
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I started as a magica Templar and made the other classes but never got into them like I have with Templar. but only having the one that is magica based I have little to no experience on how a stamina based class works haha

I would say, you lose your heals (!) and some of your class options (like Radiant Destruction for example), but you have better options among weapon skills than magicka templar.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
    Options
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jura23 wrote: »

I would say, you lose your heals (!) and some of your class options (like Radiant Destruction for example), but you have better options among weapon skills than magicka templar.

well I was thinking of using the ult heal for oh crap moments and redemption if needed in dungeons or snywhere that are a lot of corpses on the ground. but im sure I could prob get 1 or 2 bol in if I needed a heal. which would be ok but wouldn't be as effective. or something.
    Options
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lightninvash
    Puncturing Sweep that is the magicka version of Biting Jabs, Radial Sweep is the low cost melee ranged ultimate :D

It's a very good skill for killing, if you grind alone, the more mobs the less your health goes down. Blazing Spear is a much better AoE, but doesn't keep me alive :/ Biting Jabs don't heal you though, only the magicka morph does.

1handed and shield is good for tanking and pvp, you will not need it if you intend to play pve as a damage dealer. In the end, for sake of survival and maybe future nerfs/buffs try to lvl up bow, dw and 2handed on that char, it will probably become handy in the future.

Options
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lightninvash
    Puncturing Sweep that is the magicka version of Biting Jabs, Radial Sweep is the low cost melee ranged ultimate :D

It's a very good skill for killing, if you grind alone, the more mobs the less your health goes down. Blazing Spear is a much better AoE, but doesn't keep me alive :/ Biting Jabs don't heal you though, only the magicka morph does.

1handed and shield is good for tanking and pvp, you will not need it if you intend to play pve as a damage dealer. In the end, for sake of survival and maybe future nerfs/buffs try to lvl up bow, dw and 2handed on that char, it will probably become handy in the future.

oops got them mixed up haha at least you knew what I meant haha.
    Options
  • edorfeus
    edorfeus
    ✭✭✭
    you could take 2H and Sword&Shield. 20 health 44 stamina.
    Options
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edorfeus wrote: »
    you could take 2H and Sword&Shield. 20 health 44 stamina.

I was thinking of doing that so I have the survivability and damage combo. being an imperial idk if I will need that much into hp though but only time will tell
    Options