The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

*Warning* ZOS the group finder is not finished. Issues and problem solves enclosed.

Justice31st
Justice31st
✭✭✭✭✭
As a player who uses the group finder every day in order to get the daily pledges done, I have noticed some issues that needs to be immediately changed to ensure the longevity of the group finder. @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_AnaP @ZOS_AidanF @ZOS_AJ @ZOS_AjanJ @ZOS_AlexTardif

Here are my issues to the current state of the group finder.

1. Being teleported into a dungeon when there is only 3 players found.
2. DPS queing as all three roles to get a faster que time, then trolling the group.
3. Lower levels being kicked because they are not v16.
4. Cross alliance friends trying to que using the group finder and kicking other people out of the group if it is formed without all their friends.
5. Low experience gained in dungeons when trying to level using the group finder.
6. People queing and then leaving the same group multiple times.

And here is how to solve the issues of the current state of the group finder.

1. A random pug group 3 ppl is not all that is needed to do veteran City of Ash, Imperial City Prison, or WGT.
2. World of Warcraft solved this problem by checking your current build before you qued as a role.
3. ZOS can fix this by hiding player levels while using the random group finder instead of supporting level discrimination.
4. ZOS can fix this issue by adding a vote kick system with a time limit on reusing the vote kick system.
5. Just because it was talked about being incorporated doesn't necessarily mean it will be added to the game, and it needs to be comparable to curent Cyrodil delve grinding.
6. ZOS can fix this last issue by following what World of Warcraft did and add a deserter debuff which would prevent a reque to random group finder for a certain time limit.

In addition, many of these issues cause longer que times. Feel free to add more to the list if you have noticed anymore issues yourself.
"The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better. I was in que for over four hours seperate times two days ago on USPS when the Daily Gold was Banished Cells and never got a group.

It is better then before but it still needs a lot of work.

And consoles need a text chat feature like 4 months ago.
    Options
  • Oldmanlawlor
    Oldmanlawlor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was booted at the final boss, moments before the boss was about to die while using the group finder tool. And the group leader laughed about it and insulted me as I was being returned to a previous location so I wouldn't get rewards or a quest completed.

I couldn't file a report on Xbox because it kept saying 'error'. so I asked a mod here for help making a complaint. And the mod told ME I could get banned from the forums forever for bringing a problem here.
    Options
  • Alec508
    Alec508
    ✭✭✭
    acw37162 wrote: »
    Better. I was in que for over four hours seperate times two days ago on USPS when the Daily Gold was Banished Cells and never got a group.

USPS ? You were at the United States post office ? Tell me more..
    Options
  • Alec508
    Alec508
    ✭✭✭
    I was booted at the final boss, moments before the boss was about to die while using the group finder tool. And the group leader laughed about it and insulted me as I was being returned to a previous location so I wouldn't get rewards or a quest completed.

I couldn't file a report on Xbox because it kept saying 'error'. so I asked a mod here for help making a complaint. And the mod told ME I could get banned from the forums forever for bringing a problem here.

Sounds like that mod is specially challenged
    Options
  • Hookgrin
    Hookgrin
    ✭✭✭
    I've noticed with the last update they removed the ALL option and now when you choose a dungeon, the display defaults to the first entry, which used to be ALL, but is now Fungal Grotto. I wonder if a lot of players think it is broke and don't use it. I have found it still sends you to the correct dungeon even though it is not displaying it.

Searching on a single dungeon lowers the chance of a match. Would be great if the drop down was abandoned and replaced by a list with boxes next to each dungeon so you could check off all the ones you need. Would increase the chances of matching other players and result in more using the tool.
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a player who uses the group finder every day in order to get the daily pledges done, I have noticed some issues that needs to be changed. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert

2. DPS queing as all three roles to get a faster que time, then trolling the group.
    4. Cross alliance friends trying to que using the group finder and kicking other people out of the group if it is formed without all their friends.
    5. Low experience gained in dungeons when trying to level using the group finder.

Many of these issues cause longer que times. Feel free to add more to the list if you have noticed anymore issues yourself.
    Most of the issues you list are issues with player behavior, not with the group finder. Actually, the only one that's specifically an issue with the group finder is #1. I don't disagree that those can be problematic, but most of those things can't (or shouldn't) be addressed by ZOS changing the group finder.

Here's my take on the issues you list:
    1. Yup, this is definitely something in the group finder that needs to be fixed.
    2. Not a group finder issue - this is a player honesty issue. You could change the group finder to only let people queue for one role, but then what about people like me who swap out gear and skills to do whichever of the 3 roles is needed?
    3. Also not a group finder issue - this is a players being jerks issue.
    4. Also not a group finder issue - this is an issue that can only be fixed by ZOS introducing cross-faction grouping by invitation. When people can invite friends and guildies from other alliances manually, this issue goes away.
    5. Also not a group finder issue - this is just an issue with group dungeon XP being generally low, such that leveling through doing group dungeons isn't really viable compared to other methods of leveling.
    6. Also not a group finder issue - this is a players being jerks issue.

That definitely didn't happen. There are no rules against asking for help with a problem on the forums (although it's not always the best place to go for that help - sometimes contacting CS directly is the preferred option), and no mod would have ever threatened you with a ban for it.

I guarantee that this is what actually happened:

You were mad about getting kicked from the dungeon group. You came here and posted a thread about it (you didn't ask a mod directly). Your thread included the name of the person who kicked you, which is against the forum rules for naming and shaming. The mod came in, moderated your thread (either removing the name, or simply deleting the post and/or thread), and warned you that naming and shaming is against the rules and can result in a ban.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a player who uses the group finder every day in order to get the daily pledges done, I have noticed some issues that needs to be changed. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert

Many of these issues cause longer que times. Feel free to add more to the list if you have noticed anymore issues yourself.

1. 3 ppl is all that's needed to do a dungeon...go for it, no reason to wait
    2. ZOS can't fix ppl :smiley:
    3. ZOS can't fix ppl :smiley:
    4. ZOS can't fix ppl :smiley:
    5. I know they are addressing this in a future update. I can't wait
    6. ZOS can't fix ppl :smiley:

Yes These can cause greater issues and longer times....I guess they could offset some of this once VR is removed as long as CP's are not displayed and not how NPC's are shown.

-PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes These can cause greater issues and longer times....I guess they could offset some of this once VR is removed as long as CP's are not displayed and not how NPC's are shown.

@ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_GinaBruno @NewBlacksmurf

1. Actually in a random pug group 3 ppl is not all that is needed to do veteran City of Ash, Imperial City Prison, or WGT.
    2. Actually World of Warcraft solved this problem by checking your current build before you qued as a role.
    3. Actually ZOS can fix this by hiding player levels while using the random group finder instead of supporting level discrimination.
    4. Actually ZOS can fix this issue by adding a vote kick system with a time limit on reusing the vote kick system.
    5. Actually, just because it was talked about being incorporated doesn't necessarily mean it will be added to the game.
    6. Actually ZOS can fix this last issue by following what World of Warcraft did and add a deserter debuff which would prevent a reque to random group finder for a certain time limit.
    :smiley:
    Edited by Justice31st on December 14, 2015 7:48PM
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
    Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^This. Another example on why the vote kick system is desperately needed. @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Alex
    Edited by Justice31st on December 14, 2015 8:50PM
    Options
  • Takuto
    Takuto
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect that no pug put together by the grouping tool has completed vet white gold tower or vet imperial prison.

I feel like I would use the tool more of there was an option for "Any vet dungeon EXCEPT WGT/ICP".
    Eternal Destiny (PC/NA)
    Dead Wait (PC/NA Haderus AD)
    Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know players (especially on the PC) never use the group finder to find a group for the dallies or dungeon loot drops but us 99% do and are still having a tough and frustrating time with it. These issues should not go unaddressed.
    Edited by Justice31st on December 14, 2015 8:47PM
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_GinaBruno

1. Actually in a random pug group 3 ppl is not all that is needed to do veteran City of Ash, Imperial City Prison, or WGT.
    2. Actually World of Warcraft solved this problem by checking your current build before you qued as a role.
    3. Actually ZOS can fix this by hiding player levels while using the random group finder instead of supporting discrimination.
    4. Actually ZOS can fix this issue by adding a vote kick system with a time limit on reusing the vote kick system.
    5. Actually, just because it was talked about being incorporated doesn't necessarily mean it will be added to the game.
    6. Actually ZOS can fix this last issue by following what World of Warcraft did and add a deserter debuff which would prevent a reque for a certain time limit.

Item 1

-You and others shouldn't have much issues doing Veteran dungeons with 3 ppl to start with. And no certain bosses would "require" 4 ppl so its definitely easier but it doesn't make any sense to make 3 ppl wait who are capable or willing to progress and or complete the dungeon. Ppl die all the time during fights so by design 3 can do any dungeon, but it may require less errors.

item 2...
    Personally I really enjoyed World of Warcraft from closed BETA up until 2013

I even played last year for 2 months when taking a break from this prior to console launch but this isn't WoW and I've found the game to be more open than WoW as far as roles.
    I've also found that when playing any class, effective PvE players should all have balanced builds so while I do not queue for all roles, its very likely that I will queue for two of three based on having all my Templar and Sorc class skills enabled and leveled up as well as certain weapons so that DPS and Healing is very easily possible. Some people based on gear can effectively hold three classes so item number 2 is not resolved by a "checking of someone build" because unlike WoW, no one should have a locked in build. They may choose only to use and level certain skills, and wear certain gear or equip certain weapons but that what you describe is a behavior concern and not a game system failure.

I understand the concept of only allowing a role to be selected based upon gear and skills in slot but hopefully you and your group members are adding and removing skills and or weapons/items based on each encounter and not based on an entire dungeon. I'd not want a locked role either due to using this updated system

Item 3
    Why do you think that you are getting kicked due to your Vet rank? (You suggest you're Vet something based on the comments in #1)
    Why do you think people are kicking you based on your non-vet rank?

Item 4

How does this help others, it only hurts everyone. Now instead you will have ppl sit and wait on the timer.
    If you get kicked, just re-queue and go....I've not been kicked yet on any pre vet or Vet 1- VR 16 characters of mine.

I guess it happens to you a lot...not sure why

Item 5
    -Please watch ESO live, they specifically say it is being added but it wasn't in the last update.

item 6
    This isn't a problem, its just that people don't want to be in that group for whatever reason. Its O K
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on December 14, 2015 8:58PM
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NewBlacksmurf

I think it's completely unrealistic to expect a PUG group who does not know each other and likely has no means of voice communication (on PC for sure, could even happen on console) - which may consist of 1 or more (maybe all 3) people who have never visited that dungeon prior - to complete a group dungeon with only 3 people.

ESPECIALLY Vet WGT or IC.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_GinaBruno

3. Actually ZOS can fix this by hiding player levels while using the random group finder instead of supporting discrimination.
    6. Actually ZOS can fix this last issue by following what World of Warcraft did and add a deserter debuff which would prevent a reque for a certain time limit.

Item 1

-You and others shouldn't have much issues doing Veteran dungeons with 3 ppl to start with. And no certain bosses would "require" 4 ppl so its definitely easier but it doesn't make any sense to make 3 ppl wait who are capable or willing to progress and or complete the dungeon. Ppl die all the time during fights so by design 3 can do any dungeon, but it may require less errors.

item 2...
    Personally I really enjoyed World of Warcraft from closed BETA up until 2013

I even played last year for 2 months when taking a break from this prior to console launch but this isn't WoW and I've found the game to be more open than WoW as far as roles.
    I've also found that when playing any class, effective PvE players should all have balanced builds so while I do not queue for all roles, its very likely that I will queue for two of three based on having all my Templar and Sorc class skills enabled and leveled up as well as certain weapons so that DPS and Healing is very easily possible. Some people based on gear can effectively hold three classes so item number 2 is not resolved by a "checking of someone build" because unlike WoW, no one should have a locked in build. They may choose only to use and level certain skills, and wear certain gear or equip certain weapons but that what you describe is a behavior concern and not a game system failure.

I understand the concept of only allowing a role to be selected based upon gear and skills in slot but hopefully you and your group members are adding and removing skills and or weapons/items based on each encounter and not based on an entire dungeon. I'd not want a locked role either due to using this updated system

Item 3
    Why do you think that you are getting kicked due to your Vet rank? (You suggest you're Vet something based on the comments in #1)
    Why do you think people are kicking you based on your non-vet rank?

Item 4

How does this help others, it only hurts everyone. Now instead you will have ppl sit and wait on the timer.
    If you get kicked, just re-queue and go....I've not been kicked yet on any pre vet or Vet 1- VR 16 characters of mine.

I guess it happens to you a lot...not sure why

Item 5
    -Please watch ESO live, they specifically say it is being added but it wasn't in the last update.

item 6
    This isn't a problem, its just that people don't want to be in that group for whatever reason. Its O K
    MissBizz wrote: »
    @NewBlacksmurf

I think it's completely unrealistic to expect a PUG group who does not know each other and likely has no means of voice communication (on PC for sure, could even happen on console) - which may consist of 1 or more (maybe all 3) people who have never visited that dungeon prior - to complete a group dungeon with only 3 people.

^This. @NewBlacksmurf I can tell by his post that he does not pug or use the random group finder tool much lol.
    Options
  • Olen_Mikko
    Olen_Mikko
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's what you get for letting people know that this game has it's faults.

You should feel ashamed!
    NB enthusiastic:
    1. Woodhippie stamblade - DW hard-hitter / PvE
    2. Know-it-all elf Magblade - Healer / PvE & PvP
    3. Hate-them-all elf Magblade - Destrostaff AoE monster / PvE
    4. Cyrodiil-Refugee stamblade - Stamina Tank / PvE

Go dominion or go home

Nightblade-Hipster. I played Nightblade before it was cool - from 1.5 onwards.
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NewBlacksmurf

Interesting....Maybe I have more confidence in myself and others.
    Also willing to work with others....PUGs aren't bad they are just not with friends or guild members. Its the same people
    Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NewBlacksmurf

Also willing to work with others....PUGs aren't bad they are just not with friends or guild members. Its the same people

Tell that to the Flesh Atronachs in Imperial City Prison bruh.
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NewBlacksmurf

Honest question....before you queue, do you watch videos to know to some extent how you think you'd like the play your role(s)

Do you assume others go in blindly or do you also believe that they've watched videos?

*I know there are prob more that don't so for consoles, we just have to talk it out. on PC, type it out but its just being patient.

Its not a speed run.
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NewBlacksmurf

PUGs are not that bad at all, that I do agree with - although that's not what I was trying to convey.

You won't have the group chemistry you would with a group you regularly run with, you may lack voice communication - which really means pretty much - lack any communication while in a fight (I don't recommend stopping everything to write something in chat during a boss battle). There is a variety of reasons why pugs are not as "easy" to run with (I'm lacking a better word).

Yes, SOME pugs that are filled with experienced players with proper gear and understanding of the dungeons may be able to complete a dungeon with 3 people, I won't argue that; but I think it's unrealistic to expect everyone to be able to. If ZOS expected everyone to be able to do it with 3 people - they would be 3 man dungeons.

It's good to have confidence in yourself and others - but I think being expected to run a veteran dungeon you have never even done before with only 3 people is a bit much. As well, from experience, due to the auto teleport thing, the big problem with it finishing a group with 3 people is that it doesn't even allow to make the tool keep searching and continue doing whatever you were doing. You are stuck in that dungeon waiting for a 4th, or attempting to do with 3 manned and ruining you gear.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NewBlacksmurf

PUGs are not that bad at all, that I do agree with - although that's not what I was trying to convey.

You won't have the group chemistry you would with a group you regularly run with, you may lack voice communication - which really means pretty much - lack any communication while in a fight (I don't recommend stopping everything to write something in chat during a boss battle). There is a variety of reasons why pugs are not as "easy" to run with (I'm lacking a better word).

Yes, SOME pugs that are filled with experienced players with proper gear and understanding of the dungeons may be able to complete a dungeon with 3 people, I won't argue that; but I think it's unrealistic to expect everyone to be able to. If ZOS expected everyone to be able to do it with 3 people - they would be 3 man dungeons.

It's good to have confidence in yourself and others - but I think being expected to run a veteran dungeon you have never even done before with only 3 people is a bit much. As well, from experience, due to the auto teleport thing, the big problem with it finishing a group with 3 people is that it doesn't even allow to make the tool keep searching and continue doing whatever you were doing. You are stuck in that dungeon waiting for a 4th, or attempting to do with 3 manned and ruining you gear.

To be clear....
    *I'm suggesting you "can" go ahead and start the dungeon with three people while in queue.
    If you run into a spot that you can't progress or in situations where no one can support each other due to a missing role or just missing elements, then you would pause until the group is filled.

To be frank and honest, this game is not that difficult. Vet is definitely harder than non-vet but its just as easy to suggest watching a video via text chat or to watch a video via voice chat on console or PC. I think this conversation is taking things to extremes and also not addressing that some people aren't ready to run a particular dungeon but that's not a problem with the system but a personal problem or behavior that needs to change.

There will always be situations where a group cant progress or finish something regardless of its it is a PUG, Guild or a group of friends.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on December 14, 2015 9:48PM
    Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NewBlacksmurf

Honest question....before you queue, do you watch videos to know to some extent how you think you'd like the play your role(s)

Do you assume others go in blindly or do you also believe that they've watched videos?

*I know there are prob more that don't so for consoles, we just have to talk it out. on PC, type it out but its just being patient.

Its not a speed run.

No before I que I read written guides. Most video guides show speed runs overlapped with music. I assume that if you are v16 you have a basic knowledge of the boss mechanics. Hence why I stated that lower levels usually get kicked from groups. (I don't get kicked on my v16 but my alts I do a lot.) Since there is no other form of communication than voice chat on console, there is a less chance of people communicating on console in between the vet dungeon boss fights.
    Edited by Justice31st on December 14, 2015 9:59PM
    Options
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alec508 wrote: »
    acw37162 wrote: »

USPS ? You were at the United States post office ? Tell me more..

United States Play Station server some days the load screens are like being in a line at United Staes Post Officer

Options
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just because lowbies are "battle leveled" to match the level of the dungeon, DOES NOT mean that they are as good as someone who is actually of that level...which is why lowbies get kicked from PUGs sometimes. Also, if you get kicked from a group because the members of the group want their friends in the group then who cares? They're using the grouping tool for one purpose and one purpose only...so they can play with each other, so you should just "suck it up, buttercup" and re-queue (and I really don't see how a vote-to-kick system with a time limit can fix this...what'd be the point of the time limit?). I will agree the teleportation thing sucks...badly.

Honestly this is all chopped up to: Zenimax can do some things to fix their grouping tool, but you can't fix people.
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
    Options
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. I can get on board with not porting you till you have 4, the annoyance is understandable. While many players can easily 3 man dungeons there are a great many who cant.
    2. WoW has an effective way to identify roles because you are locked into specific 'specs' that have designated 'roles', it is not so easy for ESO as the design for ESO was for fluid role options.
    3. Hiding level would fix this, is it really that big of a issue though? Or have you just had bad luck finding groups?
    4. This can be fixed easily by letting people cross faction invite, you still wouldn't be able to see those players outside of a dungeon but you could group with them.
    5. Farming mud crabs is also lousy experience. You shouldn't be using one single area of the game to level, dungeons are small instanced area's they are not zones and they are not meant for leveling.
    6. Not that big a deal, if they are getting in your group often its likely that there is no one else to put in the group.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NewBlacksmurf

Its not a speed run.

No before I que I read written guides. Most video guides show speed runs overlapped with music. I assume that if you are v16 you have a basic knowledge of the boss mechanics. Hence why I stated that lower levels usually get kicked from groups. (I don't get kicked on my v16 but my alts I do a lot.) Since there is no other form of communication than voice chat on console, there is a less chance of people communicating on console in between the vet dungeon boss fights.

O K, so its good that you read and or watch the videos but never assume others have. Ask before each boss or pull and this way you have opportunities to communicate and have better success.

Being VR16 does not and should not cause you or anyone to assume they have any understanding at all. Getting to VR16 only requires exp...

I doubt many people unless they played prior to grouping tool issues have any understanding of Vet dungeons. Some have understandings of some normal but even still, their ideas may not work for the group as this game isn't a cookie cutter nor pre-defined strategy. It does have necessary things like moving, or reacting situation mechanics but its really all better to go in every-time assuming ppl aren't going to do things they way you think they will.

As far as getting kicked...again...I've not had those experiences so if its happening as soon as you join before you do anything that's one thing and there isn't much you can do other than re-queue. If you're getting kicked after doing things, its definitely related to how you are playing.
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NewBlacksmurf you're going to need to post videos of you finding 3-man PUGs using the group finder and with those PUGs successfully completing vet CoA, vet WGT, and vet ICP. And you can't use the same group of 3 for all of them - it has to be a brand new PUG formed with the LFG tool for each. Until you do that, nobody will take your "you should be able to easily three-man all the vet dungeons with a PUG" comments seriously, and rightly so.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    @NewBlacksmurf you're going to need to post videos of you finding 3-man PUGs using the group finder and with those PUGs successfully completing vet CoA, vet WGT, and vet ICP. And you can't use the same group of 3 for all of them - it has to be a brand new PUG formed with the LFG tool for each. Until you do that, nobody will take your "you should be able to easily three-man all the vet dungeons with a PUG" comments seriously, and rightly so.

Why? There are many vids out there already
    I use any...and whatever I get, we work through it. Very often we start any group with three but by the first boss we usually have 4. Also someone dies very often and may or may not get fezzes during boss fights.

Just know how to win each dungeon and realize sometimes you're going to stop short. Exit re-queue and keep enjoying meeting new ppl while killing stuff. If you really have or aren't experiencing completing dungeons with 3 ppl then start on all normal and work your way through them all before vet

Craft or buy set gear upgraded and use food buffs
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on December 15, 2015 2:36AM
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I use any...and whatever I get, we work through it. Very often we start any group with three but by the first boss we usually have 4. Also someone dies very often and may or may not get fezzes during boss fights.

Just know how to win each dungeon and realize sometimes you're going to stop short. Exit re-queue and keep enjoying meeting new ppl while killing stuff. If you really have or aren't experiencing completing dungeons with 3 ppl then start on all normal and work your way through them all before vet

OK, then I (and everyone else) will continue to not believe a word you're saying about this. If you can't post videos proving you've 3-manned those dungeons with a PUG found through the group finder, then nobody believes you.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OK, then I (and everyone else) will continue to not believe a word you're saying about this. If you can't post videos proving you've 3-manned those dungeons with a PUG found through the group finder, then nobody believes you.

You and the community are free to join me in Xbox One but unfortunately we can't post or record an entire video because they max out on Xbox one way short of the time it takes to complete a dungeon.

It's why I commented that others have posted videos which are either from PC or via and external recording device.

Regarding you believing me...that's your choice. It's your free time and so do as you please.
    As far as others....I'm sure you don't speak for them as each week that passes, I've been a part of at least one run where we didn't start with 4 or where we lost someone during the dungeon and even where a fourth never was added prior to finishing.

But that's up to you all....if you are needing to see people do it, serious just go to YouTube. That's what I do or go onto the ESO game hub on Xbox one and watch people's posted vids that are shorter but show mechanics of one boss or parts of dungeons often.
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We had always stated that the improvements to the Grouping Tool in the most recent update was just the first step. We do have more systematic improvements and bug fixes coming to this tool in the Thieves Guild DLC!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post