Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Celebrate Black Fredas with Big Sales"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Celebrate Black Fredas with Big Sales. Enjoy!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some nice deals!

Maybe grab some crowns to buy that glass motif.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oooooh! Nice! May need to buy some things I think :)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Black Fredas"? ...

No words. :expressionless:
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Enodoc wrote: »
    "Black Fredas"? ...

Oh come on, it's fun. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • vyrusb23
    vyrusb23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it! I'll be purchasing some Crowns this weekend!
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Celebrate Black Fredas with Big Sales. Enjoy!

@ZOS_GinaBruno .. Soo.. the link leads to an ad for Orsinium. that you click on to learn to buy the expansion. Hitting the BACK browser leads to the page you really want.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • CJohnson81
    CJohnson81
    ✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno .. Soo.. the link leads to an ad for Orsinium. that you click on to learn to buy the expansion. Hitting the BACK browser leads to the page you really want.

The link took me directly to the blog article.
    Huor Melwasul - Archdemon, The Demons of Light - Warlock, Hufflepuff House - ADXB1 - NA
    I'm only updating this because we're commenting on a thread about signatures. Give me awesomes!
  • vyrusb23
    vyrusb23
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Click the big "X" in the corner of the ad, and it goes away.
    Edited by vyrusb23 on November 23, 2015 5:00PM
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno :

Black Fredas means "Black Friday", right ? And in the US it's the common symbol for the day after Thanksgiving where people supposedly start their Christmas shopping.

But... here in France... it refers now to... something that is just over a week old.

If I were you I would change that on the french-speaking pages, at least. Really.

• JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black Fredas.

What would Lawrence say??? :wink:
    Edited by JD2013 on November 23, 2015 5:10PM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • MrGrimey
    MrGrimey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might just buy the crowns... but not using them until we get a real PvP DLC, or maybe race change

You win Zos... kinda
  • HaphazardAllure
    Will the green narsis guar mount be available on its own as well, or do you have to buy the black fredas pack to get it? I'm fine with it either way, I just don't really want the other stuff in the pack, so I figured I'd ask. :)
  • Dedhed
    Dedhed
    ✭✭✭
    Will the green narsis guar mount be available on its own as well, or do you have to buy the black fredas pack to get it? I'm fine with it either way, I just don't really want the other stuff in the pack, so I figured I'd ask. :)

+1 *nods*
    "This is like talking to breakfast cereal" -- Fredericks in Otherland talking about Wicked Tribe. Also a great description of zone chat.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Initial reaction.. "OOOOHHH.. goodies..." >:)

/gets on soapbox

HOWEVER, looking deeper, I am less happy, sorry. Gonna be blunt here.(and long winded apparently).. this is a concerning trend.
    ZOS_ wrote:
    Beginning on Wednesday, November 25th, we'll be offering a Black Fredas Special for 1,900 crowns on PC, Mac, Xbox One, and PlayStation®4. This bundle will include the following items:

Green Narsis Guar Mount
    10 Crown Experience Scrolls
    10 Crown Riding Speed Lessons
    10 Crown Riding Capacity Lessons
    10 Crown Fortifying Meals
    10 Crown Soul Gems
    50 Crown Tri-Restoration Potions

This bundle is valued at over 8,100 crowns and will only be available until Tuesday, December 1st at 10:00am EST. Note that this bundle is limited to one purchase per account.

The mount.. will get a lot of non-subs to toss money your way. And, subs will spend the Crowns...

5ec7360c35e81564c23114992e80e792.jpg

I know you guys consider the rest of the package "convenience items" to "help those who don't play every day for hours."

However, is making players out level areas and not do entire zones really a good thing? (XP scrolls)
    Maybe if you have many alts...Most of us would most likely consider these to be pay to win items.

The meals and pots? Yeah.. its so easy to get from the Crown Store? Guess what.. give a global auction house and people could just as easily get player made food/drinks/pots.

The riding scrolls and the gems.. yeah.. those are just in game gold and time sinks.. so nice bonus there, if people want to spend RL cash instead of gold.
    ZOS_ wrote:
    In addition, the 5 pack of Crown Experience Scrolls will be discounted by 50%, making them available for just 500 crowns. These are not limited, so you can purchase as many as you'd like until Tuesday.

SIGH... are we REALLY rushing people to hit the 501 CP cap, so they have one more reason to NOT play the game..

However, THIS is the biggest problem...
    ZOS_ wrote:
    CROWN PACKS
    Starting this week, we'll be discounting the following ESO Crown Packs on account.elderscrollsonline.com/store and Steam on Wednesday 11/25, the PlayStation®Store on Thursday 11/26, and the Xbox Games Store on Friday 11/27:

750 crown packs will be 25% off (this is only available for PC, Mac, and PlayStation®4)
    1,500 crown packs will be 25% off
    3,000 crown packs will be 33% off
    5,500 crown packs will be 40% off
    This offer is only available until 11/30 for Xbox One, and 12/1 for PlayStation®4 and PC, so don't delay!

ESO GAME
    Finally, beginning on Thursday, November 26th, The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited will be on sale for 60% off through Steam, the Xbox Game Store, the PlayStation®Store, and our store at account.elderscrollsonline.com/store. This includes both the Standard Edition and Imperial Edition of the game, and is only available until Monday, November 30th!

Right now.. subs pay:
    Monthly sub 14.99 month / billed 14.99 (+1500 Crowns)
    3 Month Sub 13.99 month / billed 41.97 (+4500 Crowns)
    6 month sub 12.99 month / billed 77.94 (+9000 Crowns)

ESO Plus members get access to DLCs and .. the ESO Plus char buff.. which are cool, plus 1500 Crowns a month, granted in bulk the day of the sub renewal. HOWEVER, to look at it another way.. compare it to an Orsinium pack...

Orsinium, not discounted, is 3000 Crowns, or two months of sub, except you dont have to buy it. However, if you cancel your sub, you will need to keep 3000 Crowns if you want to access it in F2P , meaning you dont own it, you are just renting it from ZoS with a sub.

So, for Orsinium, subs pay:
    Monthly sub 29.98 USD
    3 Month Sub 27.98 USD
    6 month sub 25.98 USD

Now, factor in the Crown Discounts...

Crowns Original/Discounted
    750 crowns 7.99/5.99 USD
    1,500 crown 14.99/11.25 USD
    3,000 crown 24.99/16.65 USD
    5,500 crown 39.99/23.99 USD

Orsinium costs NON-subs, on the holiday discounts:
    750 crowns 31.96/23.96 USD
    1,500 crown 29.98/22.50 USD
    5,500 crown 21.81/13.08 USD

Plus, they have access without the regular bank draft. Each of them, except the 750 crown regular price, is the same as or cheaper than the cash subs pay. HECK with the discount, the big bundle is HALF what subs pay.

@ZOS_MattFiror , @ZOS_RichLambert

Are you guys ACTIVELY trying to discourage subbing to the game? I know we were promised some goodies for subbing, but, since they are not here.. they are looking less attractive daily.

Those who got thru the GWT, thanks for listening.

/gets off soapbox
    /waits for rotten fruit and turkey to be thrown
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • LaucianNailor
    LaucianNailor
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

As you're discounting both versions of the game by 60%........any change you'll also discount the upgrade to Imperial Edition in the Crown Store for existing Digital Standard owners? I'd spend some of my ESO+ crowns for that.

Go on, you know you want to :*
    Mac/PC EU Server

Lots of alts....561+ CP
    Inside Trade Guild
  • robeauch
    robeauch
    ✭✭✭
    As long as none of the merchant NPCs have to work on Turdas to support this sale, I'm in favor.
  • captainwolfos
    captainwolfos
    ✭✭✭✭
    So when you say "limited to one purchase per account", does that mean I'll be able to buy it on both the NA and EU servers (PC), or will I have to choose wisely?
    Enemy of Boob Plates
    For the Covenant! For the High King!
    Solo Player | PVEer | Not caring about PVP since 1992
    Spill some blood for me, dear brother
  • MrGrimey
    MrGrimey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Initial reaction.. "OOOOHHH.. goodies..." >:)

/gets on soapbox

HOWEVER, looking deeper, I am less happy, sorry. Gonna be blunt here.(and long winded apparently).. this is a concerning trend.
    ZOS_ wrote:
    Beginning on Wednesday, November 25th, we'll be offering a Black Fredas Special for 1,900 crowns on PC, Mac, Xbox One, and PlayStation®4. This bundle will include the following items:

Green Narsis Guar Mount
    10 Crown Experience Scrolls
    10 Crown Riding Speed Lessons
    10 Crown Riding Capacity Lessons
    10 Crown Fortifying Meals
    10 Crown Soul Gems
    50 Crown Tri-Restoration Potions

This bundle is valued at over 8,100 crowns and will only be available until Tuesday, December 1st at 10:00am EST. Note that this bundle is limited to one purchase per account.

The mount.. will get a lot of non-subs to toss money your way. And, subs will spend the Crowns...

5ec7360c35e81564c23114992e80e792.jpg

I know you guys consider the rest of the package "convenience items" to "help those who don't play every day for hours."

However, is making players out level areas and not do entire zones really a good thing? (XP scrolls)
    Maybe if you have many alts...Most of us would most likely consider these to be pay to win items.

The meals and pots? Yeah.. its so easy to get from the Crown Store? Guess what.. give a global auction house and people could just as easily get player made food/drinks/pots.

The riding scrolls and the gems.. yeah.. those are just in game gold and time sinks.. so nice bonus there, if people want to spend RL cash instead of gold.
    ZOS_ wrote:
    In addition, the 5 pack of Crown Experience Scrolls will be discounted by 50%, making them available for just 500 crowns. These are not limited, so you can purchase as many as you'd like until Tuesday.

SIGH... are we REALLY rushing people to hit the 501 CP cap, so they have one more reason to NOT play the game..

However, THIS is the biggest problem...
    ZOS_ wrote:
    CROWN PACKS
    Starting this week, we'll be discounting the following ESO Crown Packs on account.elderscrollsonline.com/store and Steam on Wednesday 11/25, the PlayStation®Store on Thursday 11/26, and the Xbox Games Store on Friday 11/27:

750 crown packs will be 25% off (this is only available for PC, Mac, and PlayStation®4)
    1,500 crown packs will be 25% off
    3,000 crown packs will be 33% off
    5,500 crown packs will be 40% off
    This offer is only available until 11/30 for Xbox One, and 12/1 for PlayStation®4 and PC, so don't delay!

ESO GAME
    Finally, beginning on Thursday, November 26th, The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited will be on sale for 60% off through Steam, the Xbox Game Store, the PlayStation®Store, and our store at account.elderscrollsonline.com/store. This includes both the Standard Edition and Imperial Edition of the game, and is only available until Monday, November 30th!

Right now.. subs pay:
    Monthly sub 14.99 month / billed 14.99 (+1500 Crowns)
    3 Month Sub 13.99 month / billed 41.97 (+4500 Crowns)
    6 month sub 12.99 month / billed 77.94 (+9000 Crowns)

ESO Plus members get access to DLCs and .. the ESO Plus char buff.. which are cool, plus 1500 Crowns a month, granted in bulk the day of the sub renewal. HOWEVER, to look at it another way.. compare it to an Orsinium pack...

Orsinium, not discounted, is 3000 Crowns, or two months of sub, except you dont have to buy it. However, if you cancel your sub, you will need to keep 3000 Crowns if you want to access it in F2P , meaning you dont own it, you are just renting it from ZoS with a sub.

So, for Orsinium, subs pay:
    Monthly sub 29.98 USD
    3 Month Sub 27.98 USD
    6 month sub 25.98 USD

Now, factor in the Crown Discounts...

Crowns Original/Discounted
    750 crowns 7.99/5.99 USD
    1,500 crown 14.99/11.25 USD
    5,500 crown 39.99/23.99 USD

Orsinium costs NON-subs, on the holiday discounts:
    750 crowns 31.96/23.96 USD
    1,500 crown 29.98/22.50 USD
    5,500 crown 21.81/13.08 USD

Plus, they have access without the regular bank draft. Each of them, except the 750 crown regular price, is the same as or cheaper than the cash subs pay. HECK with the discount, the big bundle is HALF what subs pay.

Are you guys ACTIVELY trying to discourage subbing to the game? I know we were promised some goodies for subbing, but, since they are not here.. they are looking less attractive daily.

Those who got thru the GWT, thanks for listening.

/gets off soapbox
    /waits for rotten fruit and turkey to be thrown

You forgot to factor IC and future DLCs
  • Conquistador
    Conquistador
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't think there would be all this crying already in the thread.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

We don't have any plans to sell the Green Narsis Guar separately - he's special for this bundle.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Lynnessa
    Lynnessa
    ✭✭✭✭
    robeauch wrote: »
    As long as none of the merchant NPCs have to work on Turdas to support this sale, I'm in favor.

We should probably hire a bunch of Fighters Guild muscle to stand by at the busiest mercantiles.
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

We don't have any plans to sell the Green Narsis Guar separately - he's special for this bundle.

So that's a brand new mount then? It's hard to tell, I'm at work and can't remember what my guar mounts are, I never use em...
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Toorlokviing
    Toorlokviing
    ✭✭✭
    i look in game at the bundle and everything is not what it says on the page. no narsis gaur and the potions have been reduced to 20 instead of 50 everything that was 10 is now 5. i was really hoping to grab the narsis gaur because thats all i wanted out of the bundle but its not there.
  • Toorlokviing
    Toorlokviing
    ✭✭✭
    i look in game at the bundle and everything is not what it says on the page. no narsis gaur and the potions have been reduced to 20 instead of 50 everything that was 10 is now 5. i was really hoping to grab the narsis gaur because thats all i wanted out of the bundle but its not there.

nvm didnt read the whole article enough it seems T_T. says 25th. i feel dumb now.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    "Black Fredas"? ...

Oh come on, it's fun. :)

can you "Please" extend this sale untill the 3rd of dec. instead of the 1st of dec.?
    i get my paycheck on the 3rd and i want this stuff but i am broke till the 3rd.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So when you say "limited to one purchase per account", does that mean I'll be able to buy it on both the NA and EU servers (PC), or will I have to choose wisely?

@captainwolfos I don't actually know for sure, but I would guess it means you can buy it once on NA and once on EU... the crown store see's them as separate for everything else.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • HaphazardAllure

Thanks for the response. :)
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Are you guys ACTIVELY trying to discourage subbing to the game?

Yes, I think they are.

I'm not subbed personally (anymore), but I must admit I'm considering it again since the updates seem to be regular and they are talking about a sub only crafting bag.
    I probably spend a little less in crowns than I would on the sub but that's only because there are not enough items on the store to lure me, I buy the stuff I want. And then I buy the DLCs.

So my best guess is that ZoS is making more money off me non-subbed than subbed, especially if it goes like this: IC comes out at 3k crowns, Wroth at 3k, TG, DB, Murk all at 3k.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    he's special

From that picture he does look like he might ride on the "special" bus to school.