Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

FTC vs AUI

Xinz'r
Xinz'r
✭✭✭
Please give your opinion about your preference between these two similiar Add-ons, and maybe even explain why you chose that one.

FOUNDRY TACTICAL COMBAT VS ADVANCED UI
Edited by Xinz'r on August 26, 2015 10:08AM
▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
JOIN BLACKROSE CARTEL!
▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬

FTC vs AUI 193 votes

FTC
56%
dokupeGrunimSirAndykrashwire_ESOc.p.garrett1993_ESOwdunlap98_ESOkrees28b14_ESOOmnisoullookinojib14_ESOnick59349b14_ESOpat_eggersb14_ESOTheBullwoodgolemb14_ESOpjwb16_ESOs0kr4t3sTaonnorMadyLordKelsierJeckllIruil_ESO 109 votes
AUI
43%
Moiskormoimivizionblind_ESOAsia_Skylybarachiel.angel_ESOMojmirBungViekangGreevirDirtySmeegs33SLy_Kytimechengr7JahoelKhivas_CarrickVendrathBlendscoolmodiApokhMyrdhinnbealdwineb16_ESOalexschrijversb16_ESO 84 votes
  • Groggpuffar
    You chose FTC. Why?
  • Xinz'r
    Xinz'r
    ✭✭✭
    FTC
    Simply bcs of nicer UI, but I'm interested in some better answers.
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    JOIN BLACKROSE CARTEL!
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Where is the option for both. AUI for group frames, Azurah for own frames and enemy frames, FTC for dps meter and numbers in combat.
  • Xinz'r
    Xinz'r
    ✭✭✭
    FTC
    Never heard of Azurah. Must check it out!
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    JOIN BLACKROSE CARTEL!
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • mateoz
    mateoz
    ✭✭✭
    AUI
    AUI for group frames and regrouper
  • Kobaal
    Kobaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer LUI Extended over FTC or AUI. I have used all 3. I find that LUI Extended has all the things I really want. (more customization of the units frames, damage meter, info bar, buff tracking, better combat cloud than ftc in my opinion)

LUI is just much more customizeable than FTC.

The ONLY thing I think FTC does better than LUI is the raid / group frames.
    Edited by Kobaal on August 28, 2015 6:17PM
    Kobaal - VR16 Dragon Knight - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Kobaal Shadowborn - VR16 NightBlade - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Kobaal Stormborn- VR3 Sorcerer - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Fat Old Templar - lvl 19 Templar - PC [NA] BwB
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ggframes

and aui for the grp frames

with azurahs to place base elements where i like to have them.
    Edited by Tankqull on August 31, 2015 4:29PM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »
    ggframes

and aui for the grp frames

with azuras to place base elements where i like to have them.
    Is ggFrames alive again? All I have seen there is an author taking over and having posted nothing but "I'll get to it" over the past year.
  • Daveheart
    Daveheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm nuts, FTC for the combat meter and results, Healer Group Frames for raid/group frames, AUI for mini-map and quickslots, and LUI for personal/enemy frames, buff tracking, and combat text.
    Daggerfall Covenant (PC-NA)

The Order of Mundus | Nightfighters
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FTC for Attribute Bars, Combat Text, and Damage/Healing Reports, AUI for Group Frames, Quickslots and Minimap, and CLS for combat statistics on the fly.
  • Mitchblue
    Mitchblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kobaal wrote: »
    I prefer LUI Extended over FTC or AUI. I have used all 3. I find that LUI Extended has all the things I really want. (more customization of the units frames, damage meter, info bar, buff tracking, better combat cloud than ftc in my opinion)

LUI is just much more customizeable than FTC.

The ONLY thing I think FTC does better than LUI is the raid / group frames.

I just started using it the past couple days, mostly because it was updated sooner, and I like it quite a bit.
    Anyone else rooting for Molag Bal?
  • Jovaras
    Jovaras
    ✭✭
    LUI extended
  • Rescorla_ESO
    Rescorla_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used FTC from launch but gave AUI a try after IC Patch while waiting for FTC to update. I like AUI's integration of a quick slot bar, minimap, and unit frames. One thing I did not like about AUI is how I would constantly get spammed with Crystal Frag procs even though I was not playing a sorcerer. Turned it off for my NB but that meant no more proc messages for abilities Merciless Resolve. I turned it back on when playing my sorc and then it became a problem of not knowing which Crystal Frag proc was mine so I had to disable proc messages except for when I'm soloing.

FTC was updated this weekend so I took a a previous posters suggestion and combined the best features of both FTC and AUI. I have the AUI Combat module disabled. Unfortunately I am no longer getting proc messages like Crystal Frag in FTC like I did prior to IC patch. Next time I play going to completely disable AUI to see if having it active at same time as FTC is creating a conflict with instant/proc scrolling text.
  • ZOS_Julien
    Hi,

Thread moved in Add-Ons & UI Mods section.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Moderation Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Jeckll
    Jeckll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FTC
    I use the Minimap, Potion Bar and the Group Frames from Advanced UI,
    the Unit Frames, Scrolling Combat Text and Damage Meter from FTC.

For Buff Tracking, I prefer Srendarr and Combat Cloud for Combat Announcements.
    Jeckll has quit the game. Thanks for the great time.
  • AkeGamer
    AkeGamer
    ✭✭
    AUI
    I too moved to LUI during the most recent expac update since FTC wasn't updated for over a week.

So neither.
  • Bjornensen
    Bjornensen
    Soul Shriven
    FTC
    @Kobaal Mhhh.. LUI looks quite good. I need to give it a try. I played with FTC and AUI, and right now i'm using FTC.
  • Cadelay
    Cadelay
    ✭✭✭
    AUI
    AUI hands down. I uninstalled FTC right after I saw what AUI offered. An instantly beautiful UI that I didn't have to tweak and still be unsatisfied by.

FTC I messed with forever and the buffs were still being cut off and the UI was overlapping my chat box and I couldn't find a way to fix it no matter what I did.

I don't use the minimap in AUI but it gave me everything I wanted and more.
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xinz'r wrote: »
    Please give your opinion about your preference between these two similiar Add-ons, and maybe even explain why you chose that one.

FOUNDRY TACTICAL COMBAT VS ADVANCED UI

I use both, why was this not an option.
  • Apokh
    Apokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AUI
    AUI offers the much better package. Also I never understood how ANYONE (installing AddOns) can accept this short tiome buff timer of FTC, which accepts 1 (in words "one") timer. It i simpossible to have 2 taunts up with different timers with that thing. The scrolling combat text is awful at both addons, take LUI ext. instead.
    Legenden
    Play@Feierabend mit der legendärsten Feierabendgilde.
    Besuch uns.
    Es ist besser zu schweigen und alle glauben zu lassen, man sei dumm, als den Mund aufzumachen und alle Zweifel zu beseitigen.
  • gen_reynard2050
    gen_reynard2050
    ✭✭✭
    AUI
    i use aui... clean & no crash...
    "What the lion cannot manage to do, the fox can".
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AUI
    I am a huge fan of the aesthetics of AIU, but sadly it gives me huge FPS drops in PvP, so I have swapped to LUI extended.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• LiquidZ
    LiquidZ
    ✭✭✭
    I use both. I use FTC for the health and unit meters and AUI for damage output and input because it is more custom. I also really like the minimap in AUI more than the other minimap addon that's out.
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FTC
    I am a huge fan of the aesthetics of AIU, but sadly it gives me huge FPS drops in PvP, so I have swapped to LUI extended.

Do you know if LUI Extended will show the health of walls and doors in Cyro like FTC does?

Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I chose Great Taste over Less Filling.
  • AkeGamer
    AkeGamer
    ✭✭
    AUI
    Grunim wrote: »

Do you know if LUI Extended will show the health of walls and doors in Cyro like FTC does?

I can see wall/door health when I target it and I use LUI. Not sure I understand the question.
  • nothing2591
    nothing2591
    ✭✭✭
    FTC
    FTC because that group damage meter is what this game always needed
    VR16 nb rank 28 svampenn
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FTC
    AkeGamer wrote: »

I can see wall/door health when I target it and I use LUI. Not sure I understand the question.

FTC shows you the health of walls and doors in actual numbers, does LUI do the same?
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• AkeGamer
    AkeGamer
    ✭✭
    AUI
    AkeGamer wrote: »

FTC shows you the health of walls and doors in actual numbers, does LUI do the same?

I know I can see percentages of door and wall health. Didn't realize that was from LUI. I'll try to swap between the two tonight in Cyr so I can see the difference.

Thanks.