The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you agree with the ZoS putting a Cap on Champion Points per DLC?

GOREKIN
GOREKIN
✭✭
In the ESOLIVE Twitch they talked about putting a cap on champion points per new DLC.

Do you agree with the ZoS putting a Cap on Champion Points per DLC? 876 votes

Yes, It will allow others to catch up.
55%
KozerdokupeCNDTraeErlexGrunimElloaGlorysabresandiego_ESOLiquoriceAsia_SkylyHuggalumpfastolfv_ESOKallistaBlackheartPirhana7_ESOKikazaruGazroGilvothMasterFUNG_ESOJoy_DivisionEvandus 485 votes
Kinda, If you can still earn CP even-though you wont be able to always to use all of them.
16%
NestorZazaajiDekken_BlakeMalaVrazicaMisterJimothywayfarerxFat_Cat45k9mouseThymosKloudFisshagabahmeatshieldb14_ESOParadoxDaveMoeDeeHypertionb14_ESOSlylokThatNeonZebraAgainlifefrombelowb14_ESOmyrrrorb14_ESOAlphashado 143 votes
No, I earned all my CP and want to use them
28%
SoleyaVlorrophez_ESOrfennell_ESOMorHawkAtaraxvailjohn_ESOfallensbane_ESOLegacyDMItsMeTooXeniphGoldenjaguar_ESOTeargrantsHagbard_OMMax2497MojmirDiviniusdjnapstyb14_ESOMirra_HalfelvenJando 248 votes
  • GOREKIN
    GOREKIN
    ✭✭
    Kinda, If you can still earn CP even-though you wont be able to always to use all of them.
    I personally would hate if when the cap goes on I couldn't earn anymore CP. It be such a waste to do quests that would grant CP but since I am at the CAP i get no credit. Now when the DLC comes out to increase the CAP I will not be able to go back and do those quests to get that experience for CP.

Another way to think about it.

I give you a cookie when you good....You get a total of 5 cookies....well once you are at 5 when be good anymore. You just go do something else (like see who gives out brownies) until you can earn 10 cookies...

So if they cap and you do not earn more till next dlc it puts a stop to game

• Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well it would allow catch ups but to put a cap on use per DLC doesn't seem fair when some players already have 700+ wouldn't be fair to those who say are near the end of the cap to stop earning/useing CP while those who already passed it still have all theres.
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the cap?

Regardless what anyone says, 300 CP is a nice advantage over 100 CPs in PvP. Not even gonna worry about the poor souls with 0 CPs or the shmucks with 700+ at this point. lol
    Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • pdebie64b16_ESO
    pdebie64b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Mmo's are all about character development, ZOS brings in the champion points what is part of that but if you play to much you dont get any for a period of time, stupid idea.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Whats the Cap? I only have 40CP and I know others have over 1000 so what happens to those over the cap?
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    Whats the Cap? I only have 40CP and I know others have over 1000 so what happens to those over the cap?

That's what I'm asking cause wouldn't be fair those who are say near the cap to stop earning CP while those who have 700+ or 1000+ CP can still use theres and still have that advantage over others and it honestly still wouldn't be fair cause they can stay at the high point knowing that others won't be able to catch up to them as fast now so there all trolling around with there 300+ per constilation while the mediums are stuck with 200 or 300+ max and those all the way down there with 50+.

Like ZoS heart is in the right place but having a cap will only cause more problems cause again there are those with 700 to 1000+ and having a cap won't effect them that much cause they have that 15% or 20% or 30% plus to there stats.
  • JacksonCarter13
    JacksonCarter13
    ✭✭✭
    This is something that a lot of people are starting to be on board for. I am absolutely one of them max right now should be about 500 . Next 750. Simple
  • ItsRejectz
    ItsRejectz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally feel they should of put a cap on in the first place
    Xbox EU - GT: o69 Woody 69o

VR16 Sorc: Vlad V Impaler
    VR16 Sorc: Yes it's Woody
    VR16 NB: Prince of Wallachia
    VR16 Templar: Sir Lancelot the Brave
    VR16 DK: I'm Better Than You

• VoidBlue
    VoidBlue
    ✭✭✭✭
    zomg everyone hurry up and grind all the CPs you can before cap hits that way you will be leet until the next two DLCs
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, It's the same as just having vet levels or some other sort of levels added every patch.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think when they add the cap say 500 those with 1000 will only be able to spend 500 and then each season they will be able to just spend their banked points I guess at least thats the way it should be.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I don't agree with the CP system to begin with. Since that ship has sailed, something had to be done, especially in competitive settings, to level the playing field a bit between people with 500+ CP and others with far fewer.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    Well, I don't agree with the CP system to begin with. Since that ship has sailed, something had to be done, especially in competitive settings, to level the playing field a bit between people with 500+ CP and others with far fewer.

Uh some players have 700 to 1000+ already.
  • VoidBlue
    VoidBlue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    I think when they add the cap say 500 those with 1000 will only be able to spend 500 and then each season they will be able to just spend their banked points I guess at least thats the way it should be.

if they already have 1000, means they already spent 1000. so they would have to give a free champion point respec for they can only use the 500 and the other 500 be banked, and than once the next DLC comes they would just quickly use those CP to be beast again to hit cap with in 2 minutes lol
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the cap just applied to PVP, fine (would be better to confine instances of like-tiered CP), but to cap it for PVE is exactly the same as limiting like Veteran levels. This is a step to removing the VRs, I think.
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no answer to fix the Champion System and imbalance. This "answer" will have players playing when content drops and gone months (the year+ we waited) in between.

They could introduce a catch up mechanic via enlightenment, where certain brackets gan certain % faster the less CP they have....but the end result is everyone speeds to the end and then what? (best answer I've heard so far imo, but that means ZOS has to be working on the next "progression" plan right now).

They could split PVP campaigns into brackets from no-CP to cap. But Joe Blow has not been grinding away 10 hours a day, 7 days a week so he can only fight players on his/her level, and that doesn't solve the problem of PVE too hard for low CP and faceroll for even moderate..

We could keep bouncing ideas off the wall on how to fix the trainwreck, and I imagine ZOS does the same. No answer will solve the problem to everyone's satisfaction, nor will it be solved in a fair manner. I'm still mind boggled that they could not figure this wreck would be the end result with the way it was implemented, when even players warned this would come.

I'm just happy it's not my job to clean it up (and) I feel no need to pwn anything and PVE more than PVP, so all in all I can stand back and gawk :D
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I only have 210 also.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen people argue that having 300 CPs and good skills in PvP can compete with and beat those with way more, say 700+.

But folks are pretty quiet about effectiveness of CPs, say 200-ish or below vs. 700+.

To know the actual cap they're considering would be nice. That way I know how much to roll my eyes. lol
    Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • J2JMC
    J2JMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I vote for a cap of zero so they can focus on real balance instead of trying to place bandaids on things that might not have been broken otherwise. When full stam nightblades can perma cloak, there is a good chance that bolt escape, block and dodge roll are probably not the issue. Also for, all the complaining that goes on about sorc shield stacking, it's funny how you always see questions from viewers on streams about how to make shields strong. Always answered of course with "Put 100 points in bastion" and MAYBE a mention of increasing magicka a smidge.

Since my vote isn't an option I vote for no cap. This does nothing but make sure they keep all their early(first 2 years) customers. After 2 years, the cp cap is probably largely irrelevant to anyone joining at that time. They're still fked. Mind you I'm only vr7 with 32 cps so this may "help" me(I doubt it) personally, it is nowhere near the optimal thing to do for the sake of the game.
    Knee Jerk, L2P, Obtuse, Casual, Entitled, All The Best, unnecessary mention of CoD

Battle leveling for pve content defeats the idea of progression. Remove CP

"Apparently the players are more informed than we are"-Richard Lambert

• Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I want to clarify though that my reasons differ, as well as the suggested cap. I think there should be a cap to make your choices more carefully chosen. As far as the cap goes, the first one should be set at 360 (120 power attribute), and increase the cap by 120 (30 per attribute) with each new dlc.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Morimizo wrote: »
    If the cap just applied to PVP, fine (would be better to confine instances of like-tiered CP), but to cap it for PVE is exactly the same as limiting like Veteran levels. This is a step to removing the VRs, I think.

Agreed. Pvp appears to be wear the issue lays with CP. Cap cp for pvp, or take it right out of pvp altogether.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep anything to slow down the upcoming power gap, or keep the gap we have now from getting any worse.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Create a broken system that allows players to pull further ahead of others than intended.

Instead of fixing the system itself, place an artificial cap on it instead to slow down your most dedicated players.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

To be fair, I'm not saying that the system is perfect in any way, but this isn't the fix that should be implemented.
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do think that some regulation in regards of the CP gain is required. A Cap however doesn't seem like a good idea, as caps always force players into reaching them.

If there would be a max amount of money a person could have in RL, then every person would strive for that amount and no longer be happy with less. To know there is a maximum to reach is always bad for people, as what drives us forward is the unknown and will to improve.

In my opinion, CPs should not grant abilities and talents anyways, but character experience. A character with more CP, could own a bigger house, have more "housecarls", be able to craft more exciting items, find new recipes, have more children and be in general a bigger and more known guy / lady in Tamriel.

To me, the idea that a player who "resides 24/7" at Tamriel hits harder or gains more life seems silly and not that well thought through. However, to look up to those and their achievements, their "clan members, family, home, crafting skills, stories to tell ...." would actually impress me in some way. I always felt, that MMO experience shouldn't be reflected in being the tougher guy / girl, but the more advanced one.

Browser games tend to have such systems, players who play for 5 years have a castle and those who just joined a small barn. This is what I would like to see at a CP system, character reputation, achievements that you can actually see and not stuff that only plays a role in a dungeon or a pvp scenario.

If this could be addressed, then CP´s could finally mean something out of the box of just hitting harder, faster or more deadly than a new player.
    At this point, the whole discussion about caps would no longer be necessary, as the "disadvantages" would only be around the actual character experience and no longer the "I crit you to death because I play more" Department. It would also ease the pain for the Devs to actually create content for thousands of different CP standings, as lets face it - right now we have tons of different settings to deal with in regards of the actual NPC difficulty and it will only get worse every day.

Not sure if this is a realistic change to the CP system, especially when housing, family & reputation systems are still missing in Tamriel. However, I would definitely welcome the change.
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Death to CP grinders.
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
  • ZOS_RichLambert
    ZOS_RichLambert
    Creative Director
    /lurk
    Rich Lambert
    Creative Director - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • Tobius
    Tobius
    ✭✭✭
    Makes no sense to cap stuff. All it will do is push people away from the game when they hit the cap and have to wait months for new DLC.
    "Remember: Sometime the Dragon wins."
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tbh, i dislike CP grinders more then Bli... he who must not be named. So im all in favour for this. CP grinders will be the most powerful at the start of these seasons and we all have time to catch up. I mean by all means, they can keep grinding and be the most powerful in 2-3 seasons from now but it wont create that huge gap between those that have things to do outside of this game and grinding CP >.>
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • gimpdrb14_ESO
    gimpdrb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    im pretty sure they are putting a cap on what CP you earn not what you already have
  • Yattaq
    Yattaq
    ✭✭✭
    Tobius wrote: »
    Makes no sense to cap stuff. All it will do is push people away from the game when they hit the cap and have to wait months for new DLC.

Level caps exist in so many successful games. This means they'll also have to make content that is worth playing beyond grinding for exp, which is really appealing to me. If every 3-4 months they release patches like what's on PTS right now, they'll be in good shape.