Maintenance for the week of June 3:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 3, 2:00AM EDT (6:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Xbox One - unable to connect to game server

• Jacobcus
    Jacobcus
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Maintenance is complete, and you can now log back into the game. Thanks so much for your patience, everyone!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • LoneDrkWolf
    LoneDrkWolf
    ✭✭✭
    IS BACK
    Options
  • Jacobcus
    Jacobcus
    Maintenance is complete, and you can now log back into the game. Thanks so much for your patience, everyone!

A meme to bring a smile to you for your hard work!
    Options
  • Shadowjones
    Shadowjones
    ✭✭
    ZeGermanJa wrote: »
    ZeGermanJa wrote: »
    Snoopsy wrote: »
    We should be wrapping up maintenance in less than an hour. Again, we'll let you know as soon as everything's good to go.

I will reiterate what everyone else has been saying;:

1) doesn't maintenance infer that you planned this, and shouldn't we have been notified?

2) with as many outages as zos has had, and all the money and time we have put into this game, shouldn't there be compensation on your part? I know the answer, but others are still putting it out there.

Hotfixes are common in ESO. They don't have to tell you they're going to do a maintenance before they do it.

They should if they want me to continue Paying them. The whole industry depends on customers, why shouldn't they put us first and give us the courtesy of a heads up. "Hey guys we've noticed all the lag and glitching you guys are experiencing so we're going to shut down the server to get these problems resolved as quickly as possible. Thank you for you patience." Is that too hard?

MMOs can do without the likes of yourself. Good day, Sir!

Why? Because I'm asking for better customer service? I've been playing MMOs for 10yrs and will continue to play them because I love the style of game play. I've seen my fair share of good and bad services and have made it a point to give my opinions on both. Some of which resulted in improvements. So tell me again why me trying to improve everyone's gaming experience is unwanted. Did I say something offensive?

Please enlighten me to how this is poor customer service in comparison to other MMOs you've supposedly played over the last ten years? Also, how does an MMO that is running through third party servers to first party servers compare when this is a console issue most assuredly caused via XBL?

ZOS acknowledges any error, they respond to twitter and Facebook posts on top of providing moderately sufficient forum support spanning 3 platforma, 4 if you include Mac.

If you hadn't noticed, theses issues all occurred whilst XBL was having issues, and still are as their services are still shotty.
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

For someone who has played MMOs in the past, you should be MORE than understanding to these sorts of issues. Anyway, see you in game, servers are back.

Thanks ZOS, and all you're terrible support, so says some guys.

Keep up the horrible work?
    Options
  • UGAxDIRKS
    UGAxDIRKS
    Hold up
    Edited by UGAxDIRKS on July 27, 2015 1:37AM
    Options
  • Carterboy254
    Carterboy254
    ✭✭
    Still not able to boot game up from dashboard just goes right back to dashboard any body know a fix?
    Gt on Xbox One: OhMyItsSlim www.twitter.com/OhMyItsSlim www.twitch.tv/OhMyItsSlim

Hello My fellow Gaming brothers && sisters I host gameplay of all kind of games such as ESo, Battlefront, Rainbow 6 siege, 2k, COD, and many more While streaming I offer gameplay hints and tips on anything your heart desire such as combos, money making tips, fast grinds etc. I will answer all questions and absolutely love all my viewers. All I ask is that you come watch me stream from time to time and tell your friends to come watch and follow my Twitch and twitter.

Options
  • AnimaDeMachina
    Still can't launch ESO from home screen how sad :(
    Options
  • UGAxDIRKS
    UGAxDIRKS
    I don't think I read this right...
    Options
  • Lordklinger

I'm in. Thank you for keeping us updated, Gina.
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    For those of you who cannot login, did you happen to purchase ESOTU digitally?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Greywolf_McGrowler
    yes, I bought it digitally and can't get past the first screen
    Commander Greywolf34 PR of The Accursed Legion
    Options
  • Lordklinger
    I purchased mine digitally and currently have access. Although, I might be one of the lucky ones to get in.
    Options
  • HUxSOLDIER
    HUxSOLDIER
    Soul Shriven
    For those of you who cannot login, did you happen to purchase ESOTU digitally?

I cannot connect and I bought it digitally.
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    According to the Xbox Live Status page, there are still some outstanding issues with titles (such as ESOTU) that were purchased digitally. You can keep an eye on the page here for the latest updates.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Options
    Staff Post
  • HUxSOLDIER
    HUxSOLDIER
    Soul Shriven
    I'm able to connect now.
    Options
  • UGAxDIRKS
    UGAxDIRKS
    According to the Xbox Live Status page, there are still some outstanding issues with titles (such as ESOTU) that were purchased digitally. You can keep an eye on the page here for the latest updates.

I couldn't access my Xbox video movies either, it all makes sense now

Options
  • ouijacom
    ouijacom
    I cant connect.
    Veteran Rank 14 (Stamina Templar) (XBOX 1)
    Options
  • rzj386
    rzj386
    Soul Shriven
    Same problem - still won't connect
    Options
  • rzj386
    rzj386
    Soul Shriven
    rzj386 wrote: »
    Same problem - still won't connect

And I did not buy digitally

Options
  • schrodinger_the_Khajiit
    Finally got this reply from ESO support

Hi,

Thank you very much for getting back to us with those steps, my name's Lloyd, and I've just had your case escalated to me. I'm deeply sorry for the delay in getting back to you, we're very busy at the moment and this has pushed back our response time.

Unfortunately, I can't say from what you've provided what might be the cause. The best people to reach out to at this point would be Xbox Support, as they're the experts in console based connection issues. You can contact them here: http://support.xbox.com/en-gb/contact-us

I'm sorry I can't offer more, and thank you again for going to such lengths to test your workaround. I hope you have a nice day, and please don't hesitate to contact us again if there's anything else in-game or account related we can help you with.

Warmest regards,
    Lloyd
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Team

This is despite me telling them I'd contacted Xbox Support twice already and both time them telling me the problem is not my Xbox or my connection. Luckily I have a workaround that allows me to play for about 4 days uninterrupted until the problem starts again. After that I have to apply my fix all over again.
    Options
  • Novachichis
    Novachichis
    Soul Shriven
    Please share your workaround I hate getting disconnected every ten minutes
    Options
  • WingNutDude
    I can't play the game.

I have made my character, I select play and it says "requesting character load". Then I wait a few minutes and it comes up with a message saying " unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection". I have an Internet connection and my nat type is open. I am able to play other games online.

What is the problem? Can anyone help me play the game?
    Options
    It's a pain mind but it works every time I do it. Maybe you don't need to do all the steps I don't know.
    1. Remove your Xbox profile (setting > remove account)
    2. Delete the game (this is the part that makes it such a nightmare)
    3. Clear your persistent storage (settings > DVD & Blu-Ray > clear persistent storage) hit the option several times
    4. Clear Mac settings (settings > network > Alternative MAC > clear)
    5. Xbox will then tell you it needs to restart. So do that and unplug all the cables (including power box)
    6. Go and reset your router wait about 5 minutes then plug everything back in and turn on Xbox
    7. Re-add your user profile
    8. Reinstall the game (But do it offline then online for update MUCH quicker)

This lasts me about a week. I still get booted but once ever few hours so it's manageable. It might work without uninstalling the game but I've never tried, will do next time. Also a friend of mine having the same issue found he solved it but just blocking all voice communications in settings so that's worth a try first. Still I'm pretty p***ed off I paid £50 for a game and I have to go through this every week...
    Options
  • Kissmeplz
    Kissmeplz
    Thats alot of steps the best fix I have found is to buy a pre-paid connection from another company, and swap connections, the problem goes away for a little while, when it comes back I just swap to my normal network connection again.

Its almost like a bad relationship, "Oh honey your fine for now"
    "I'm not talking to you anymore I think we should try other people"
    "Oh I want you back please come back"

and again, and again, and again...
    Options
  • krakaclub
    krakaclub
    Soul Shriven
    I'm still having trouble trying to log in to Xbox One European Megaserver. I even got the patch and it still won't let me on!
    'Nanas!
    Options
  • adamt88yep
    I'm having the same issue, downloaded the patch but the Euro megaserver is still unavailable :(
    Xbox One [ EU ]
    Gamertag - Adamt88yep
    Stamina Nightblade - Dark Elf - EP
    Stamina Templar - Argonian - EP
    Magicka Sorcerer - High Elf- EP
    Magicka Templar - Breton - EP
    Magicka Dragon Knight - Dark Elf - EP
    Magicka Nighblade - Breton - EP

PC [EU]
    Adamt88yep
    Magicka Templar - Breton - DC
    Options
    They expect it to be back up around 5pm
    Options
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Downloaded something, but it still says it's down for maintenance as of 4:30pm.
    I have it on disc, so it's not a digital issue.
    Options
  • BigMac_Smiley
    BigMac_Smiley
    ✭✭✭
    Usually the Patch will be come available before they finish maintenance, so while you still have to wait at least when it does come online you will be ready to go.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.