The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Patch download speed question..

Caligamy_ESO
Caligamy_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Is there any way to get patch files for this game from another location? Currently downloading at 130 kbs on a 50 mbps line.. >.<
love is love
  • arena25
    arena25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any way to get patch files for this game from another location? Currently downloading at 130 kbs on a 50 mbps line.. >.<

Be thankful that it's actually patching at that speed, because the game is a mess.

Just so you're aware...
    If you can't handle the heat...stay out of the kitchen!
    Options
  • BalgusFlinn
    BalgusFlinn
    ✭✭✭
    I just don't understand why this hasn't been done yet. If we could download it and run the. exe.
    Any good reasons?
    Options
  • Monetsmuse
    Monetsmuse
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah, I agree with you all, 26 hours and 13 GBs this is just taking the absolute ***, I thought when it took 15 hours to download the initial game that it was bad but this is just outrageous, they've had years to organise this and either they don't care or maybe it's just console gamers that they don't care about, either way I'm not prepared to put up with this every time they decide to "Patch" the game.
    Options
  • Nyghthowler
    Nyghthowler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monetsmuse wrote: »
    Yeah, I agree with you all, 26 hours and 13 GBs this is just taking the absolute ***, I thought when it took 15 hours to download the initial game that it was bad but this is just outrageous, they've had years to organise this and either they don't care or maybe it's just console gamers that they don't care about, either way I'm not prepared to put up with this every time they decide to "Patch" the game.

Every time I read a statement like this I shake my head. ZoS has pretty much ignored the PC community for the last half year while getting the console version pushed out the door. Every one has **** poor download speeds. Educate yourselves and do a forum search.
    I'm not prejudiced; I hate everyone equally !
    Options
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My speed downloading patches for this game can fluctuate depending on time of day or night. Generally though my speed is around 1mb per second. I'm in the Oceania region playing on ADSL, so the speed is not too bad considering.
    Downloaded 26g DA inquisition game the other day & the speed never went above 445kbps. Took about 8 hours I think (approx). Wonder if isp's or game servers throttle speeds at certain times of day/night?
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
    Options