The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Servers back up but I have to download 15.851GB file!!!!

zzdavlan
zzdavlan
Is this an error or are you just trying to use my whole Internet quota for the month with this game, I only bought it a week ago and it's already used 15gb and now it wants to use another 15gb, come on 30gb, what the hell are you stupid code monkeys doing?
  • jcollinson10preub18_ESO
    seriously! it says my game file is already 55gb before this 15 gb repatch. Is this an issue with psn causing redownload. Should we let it download again?
    Options
  • john.dale.gunningb16_ESO
    Same 15.851 gb patch downloading Wtf is going on with this game
    Options
  • zzdavlan
    zzdavlan
    Well glad it's not just me but a little insight from someone would be great, like should we waste our quota on this or will it be fixed soon? It's very annoying when the patch takes longer to download then the time the servers were down for the maintenance.
    Options
  • OTFrog
    OTFrog
    Soul Shriven
    On the ESO subreddits someone is saying it's a Sony issue that has effected other games too like The Witcher, Warframe Destiny.

Apparently it's a PS4 problem where a pack of all patches is pushed instead of just the latest one.

Sounds like it's not Zenimax's fault if so.
    Options
  • zzdavlan
    zzdavlan
    I call ***, if this was true then it would be a problem for more than just 3 other games.
    Options
  • eastwood72
    eastwood72
    Soul Shriven
    Same here, I thought the previous 15g was deleted. This is crazy we have to do it again.
    Options
  • Marco0798
    Marco0798
    well prior to launch they said there was going to be a day 1 15gb patch but that didnt happen so mabe this is it.
    Options
  • reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Marco0798 wrote: »
    well prior to launch they said there was going to be a day 1 15gb patch but that didnt happen so mabe this is it.

There was a 15gb patch on day 1 and everyone had to download the day 1 patch. you couldnt play without it.
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)
    - Playstation 4 (Since 2015)

- Known for Trading & Guilds
    Options
  • zzdavlan
    zzdavlan
    I already had my 15gb patch so I'm not sure what your playing but it isn't the same as the rest of us.
    Options
  • Heathenpride
    Heathenpride
    ✭✭✭
    There is already a thread on this topic.

Looking like a Sony balls-up that affects more than one game.
    Looking for a good NA PS4 guild that offers a bit of everything? New to the game and lost? Need some guidance and help?
    Look no further, Ebonheart Guild of Shadow has been here since launch and we got you!
    PSN message Heathenpride for an invite.
    Options
  • Mefromnorway
    Mefromnorway
    ✭✭✭
    OMG!!!!!!!!! this game start to suks almost only had problem with this game since i buy it, after meainteance u need to full downlaod game again omg ..............................................................................
    Have fun and dont be rude. Im Norwegian so im sorry for my spelling, but hope u understand.

Grand Master Crafter.
    5 chars full 9 traiter.
    3 chars Flawless
    2 chars Stormproof.

Total 13 chars, evryone got full gold armor both roles.

PS5 Europe.
    Options
  • zzdavlan
    zzdavlan
    There is already a thread on this topic.

Looking like a Sony balls-up that affects more than one game.

YAY in general, exactly where I look for PS4 technical support!!!

Options
  • Heathenpride
    Heathenpride
    ✭✭✭
    zzdavlan wrote: »
    YAY in general, exactly where I look for PS4 technical support!!!

On the Sony site but it may well be prudent to wait and see if there's any official word from the big Z before committing to 15gb.
    Looking for a good NA PS4 guild that offers a bit of everything? New to the game and lost? Need some guidance and help?
    Look no further, Ebonheart Guild of Shadow has been here since launch and we got you!
    PSN message Heathenpride for an invite.
    Options
  • Tiyamel
    Tiyamel
    ✭✭✭
    someone from ZOS just confirmed patch is 15.9GB in other thread
    Guild Master of Lost Prophecies, small group of friends playing in Ebonheart Pact, recruitment only accessible through playing with us and making a good impression.
    Want to know more on how to increase forum stars and achievements, check my guide here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/62438/forum-badges-list
    Can't seem to level Werewolf or its abilities? check this:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/108490/werewolf-effective-levelling-of-skill-line-and-abilities-warning-spoilers-may-be-included
    If it helps then please Insightful/Agree/Awesome or even Lol me :)
    Options
  • psufan5
    psufan5
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think its more the fact that its downloading horribly slow.

Surgical Incision
    Former Emperor
    USPS4
    Options
  • paul.chattertonb16_ESO
    I agree that it's the download speed that's more of a problem than the size of the patch. My connection is about 90 Mbps (measured rather than theoretical) and it's saying that it's going to take 27 hours to download. I'm guessing that the problem is that, unlike when downloading a game for the first time, when a patch of this size is released, everyone is forced to download it at the same time, and the servers just can't handle the volume. If the download was going at the full capacity of my connection, it should be done in less than half an hour, which would be an acceptable timeframe for a patch, but 27 hours is not acceptable.

I just hope I am going to be able to download in chunks because I can't leave my PS4 for 27 hours in a single session, doing nothing but downloading.

Now, time to see if my PC copy is also going to need more than a day to patch.
    Options
  • paul.chattertonb16_ESO
    Took about 3 minutes to patch on my PC.
    Options
  • zzdavlan
    zzdavlan
    15gb is unacceptable, if Zenimax thinks we will put up with this everytime they are mistaken, they can either lay the blame at Sonys feet and work with them or they can hire better staff and work with the system like other publishers have.
    Options
  • zzdavlan
    zzdavlan
    Tiyamel wrote: »
    someone from ZOS just confirmed patch is 15.9GB in other thread
    Can you link it so we can see which employee they threw in front of the bus.
    Options
  • ZOS_ArtG
    Hello, folks.

Though we do understand that many of you may be experiencing issues with your update whether it is download speeds or errors, but the discussion has an extremely similar thread already opened titled 15 GB Patch on PS4.
    Please head to the above thread to continue this discussion.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.