The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[EN/DE/FR] Our project ESO-LFG.com

• Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In order to shorten the time, here's another screenshot of the project. And of course it will be translated totally :smile:

We'll open it for all of you approximately at 10 or 11 p.m.(MESZ) today.

esolfg_group_en.PNG
    Edited by Chufu on June 9, 2015 2:59PM
    Options
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Our project is now released!

You'll find it at www.eso-lfg.com.

We're happy to see your group-searches. Have fun with our site :smile:

A small hint: The possibility to login with an eso-database-account or an eso-skillwerkstatt.de-account will be programmed in a few days. Some other features will be added too in the next days, stay tuned.

sekt.png
    Edited by Chufu on June 9, 2015 8:37PM
    Options
  • stojekarcub18_ESO
    stojekarcub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a wonderful idea and many thanks for the effort put forth in creating and maintaining this. I hope it is successful and adopts many users. I will certainly give it a shot.
    Options
  • RunAway
    RunAway
    ✭✭✭
    Lol. If I was ZOS I'd be slightly embarrassed by this...
    Options
  • parpin
    parpin
    ✭✭✭
    i remember gw2 had no in game lfg system so people had to use fan sites like this to find group..but after anet added lfg..i dont think anyone using it anymore..the irony is eso has in game lfg but it is so bad that players had to make their own lfg system..developers should check this post out and think about how bad of job they did.
    Options
  • yoco007
    yoco007
    Chufu wrote: »

A small hint: The possibility to login with an eso-database-account or an eso-skillwerkstatt.de-account will be programmed in a few days. Some other features will be added too in the next days, stay tuned.

sekt.png
    Why can't I open the page with Chrome? It gives me this error: "eso-lfg.com

Die Domain eso-lfg.com hat noch keine Inhalte

Die angeforderte Domain www.eso-lfg.com wurde eingerichtet, es wurden aber noch keine Inhalte hinterlegt."

I can open it with Firefox just fine!
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can open it with Chrome just fine...

Congratulations guys ! looks great !

I have a concern regarding the "language" box. How does it matter if "voice" is unchecked ? And would you consider making it multi-checkable ? For instance, many german players speak (at least some) english and should be able to check both german and english and should not be forced to reduce their grouping opportunities by having to choose one or the other.
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @anitajoneb17_ESO It matters for text chat as much as for voice chat.

I second the request for multiple language selection. Awesome project, btw. Now we just need to spread the information...
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thnx for doing this. Using it to meet ppl primarily but it's still a good tool to find groups
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yoco007 wrote: »

sekt.png

Die angeforderte Domain www.eso-lfg.com wurde eingerichtet, es wurden aber noch keine Inhalte hinterlegt."

Is it now okay for you on chrome? Maybe you should delete the cookies for eso-lfg.com. :smile:

Btw I would be very happy if you could tell other people of this site. The more it will be used the more you can find groups there.

@anitajoneb17_ESO: We'Il talk about it in the next few days, there's a lot of features we plan to implement: private messages, and more. Stay tuned!

Options
  • Naivefanboi
    Naivefanboi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bumpin on uup, any DC lfg for pvp chilrend NA message me for psn :)
    Options
  • michaelb14a_ESO2
    michaelb14a_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭
    This bad boy needs a stickie!
    Options
  • Rioht
    Rioht
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to see this has migrated from destiny.

Worked great there, hopefully this catches on here as well to find groups for pledges/VDSA/PVP
    Options
  • Naivefanboi
    Naivefanboi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any DC pvpers? Ps4 NA
    Options
  • yoco007
    yoco007

sekt.png

Is it now okay for you on chrome? Maybe you should delete the cookies for eso-lfg.com. :smile:

Btw I would be very happy if you could tell other people of this site. The more it will be used the more you can find groups there.

@anitajoneb17_ESO: We'Il talk about it in the next few days, there's a lot of features we plan to implement: private messages, and more. Stay tuned!
    Works fine now! Maybe one suggestion. Make so we can delete the post after group is full?
    Options
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Works fine now! Maybe one suggestion. Make so we can delete the post after group is full?
    I think we'll implement an extra-site for the post. Means: If you are clicking on a group, p. e. fungal grotto, you'll go to the post, where you can read the full text (at the moment we have the problem if somebody put toooo long textes in the group, you can't read the rest of the text) and where you can edit your group.

We think about implementing a "delete" or "mark as full" option. Stay tuned!

Edited by Chufu on June 10, 2015 8:50PM
    Options
  • yoco007
    yoco007
    Good to know! Wish you best of luck! :)

And if any of ESO devs are reading this thread, remove your LFG tool and make one like this one. I beileve this kind of tool is far better than what they have. Even GW2 eventually realized after fans created a site for finding groups easier!
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there! Sorry to ask instead of check (but I am at work) is this up and running? Ran into a few threads today that I think a better answer to them would have been a link to this thread/site. It seems to be asked about mostly for console.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Hey there! Sorry to ask instead of check (but I am at work) is this up and running? Ran into a few threads today that I think a better answer to them would have been a link to this thread/site. It seems to be asked about mostly for console.

Hi MissBizz,

yes the site is up and running since 06/09/2015. You can find it here: eso-lfg.com
    Options
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Today we've implemented a small update on eso-lfg.com:

Changelog (06/12/2015)
    • You can now login with an ESO-Skillwerkstatt (soon be translated in EN/FR) or an ESO-Database Account.
    • You can choose the timezone when you register yourself. If you are not registered, the timezone will be set by language:
    • - English => America/New_York
    • - German => Europe/Berlin
    • - French => Europe/Paris
    • All times will be shown in the seleted timezone.
    • The timezone will be shown below the filters on the "Home"-site.
    • The language-filter is now working correctly.
    • The language-filter was displaced to the left-hand side and the checkboxes one line below (will not wrapped anymore on smartphones)

Soon we will be implement another update:
    • Lost password
    • Edit profile
    • Add terms of use

We'll working hard for following updates and we would like to see your group searches!
    Edited by Chufu on June 12, 2015 9:24PM
    Options
  • stojekarcub18_ESO
    stojekarcub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very happy to see this is being used by A LOT of people already! Just checked it and a massive list to browse through for groups! Really, it's a shame we have to resort to external sources to form a group in game, but since we do, I'm thankful that it is being widely embraced and being wonderfully maintained! :)
    Options
  • ZOS_Racheal
    ZOS_Racheal
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings Everyone,

This post has been moved from the General forum to the Community Creations forum.

Please share all info about fan sites, player streams, created art, and screenshots in this forum. Thanks!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Moderation Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oooh I actually already checked it out. Had a couple questions..

What about timezones? Looks like you fixed that up already ;)

When making a guild recruit "group" that is for a cross-faction guild, should I make 3 individual postings, each one under each alliance, or will it show up under all 3 alliances if I don't select any alliance when making 1 post?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • infraction2008b16_ESO
    infraction2008b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    parpin wrote: »
    i remember gw2 had no in game lfg system so people had to use fan sites like this to find group..but after anet added lfg..i dont think anyone using it anymore..the irony is eso has in game lfg but it is so bad that players had to make their own lfg system..developers should check this post out and think about how bad of job they did.

While gw2lfg was great and prompted the devs to create an actual in game tool, it did have problems in particular run selling and elitism.

I'd be much more in favor for a group finder with still hard set options rather than the type what you want in a box method that gw2 adopted, but the biggest issue with the current group finder (and most other group finders in other mmo's) is knowing how many players are queuing and what roles they are. It's what lets down the in game tool the most as you have no visual feedback of the players you are queuing with, we really need to be able to see the number of tanks, heals and dps that are queuing for each specific dungeon in real time so people know exactly why the queues are going slow and whether they can fill specific roles.
    Options
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Today we've implemented another Update:

Changelog (06/14/2015)
    • Your group can be edited or deleted by yourself
    • When you create/edit a group, the date- and timeformat will be shown for the language (p. e. in EN: 12/20/2015 and 10:50 AM)
    • Some adjustments to the design and corrections were implemented (Confirmation-site, forms, headlines)

We're happy about your group-searchings and also when player found eachother with our site :smile:

P.S.: When you visit our site www.eso-lfg.com, you can register yourself or login with your ESO-Skillwerkstatt.de-Account or ESO-Database.com-Account for post a group-search!

esolfg_en_1.pngesolfg_en_2.png
    Options
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We published another update on friday on www.eso-lfg.com. The most important thing is, that you are now able to create groups without registration! We will implement soon some comfortable features for registered users.

Changelog (06/19/2015)
    • You can now create groups without registration
    • The icons of the groupsearch will now show their description in the tooltip
    • The veteranmode and hardmode are now two different independent functions
    • The icons of Voicechat, Veteranmode and Hardmode were replaced by the ingame-icons
    • When you filter the groups, a loading-notification will be shown
    • A notification will be shown, when no groups were found
    • The size of the description-text was adapted to the size of the other textes
    • A Social Media Button for (Twitter) was added
    Options
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hello yoco007, since the update of 06/14/2015, you can edit or delete your group. So if the group is full, you can delete it, if you want :smile:

esolfg_edit.png
    Options
  • sloppy_O_Shot
    Hello yoco007, since the update of 06/14/2015, you can edit or delete your group. So if the group is full, you can delete it, if you want :smile:

esolfg_edit.png

It would be very helpful if we can select the level we are looking for. At the very least make it so we can check a box for VR levels. Great start!

Options
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

esolfg_edit.png

It would be very helpful if we can select the level we are looking for. At the very least make it so we can check a box for VR levels. Great start!
    Thanks for your idea, we've put it on our wishlist and will implement this soon. :smile:

Options
  • NightsKnight
    Thank you so much for taking time out of your schedules IRL to make this tool, it's community members like yourselves that keep the blood flowing in games and the excitement coming.
    Options