Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

How to Blame Sorcs

• Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    Ezareth wrote: »
    biggest difference is I'm running around with 3000 magicka regen, otherwise I could only bolt 8 times and 11 times.
    Thats why a magica regen penalty is needed too. According to your numbers. It means that you have a free bolt escape every 2 seconds. You can bolt escape 3-4 times in a row. Then you are out of reach and you can recast shields and you wait 10 seconds and you have 15k magica back. Funny right?

No. Stop foaming at the mouth about Sorcs for one freaking minute and look at the big picture. Sorcs have no better efficiency options than any other class. *Every* class in the game right now can build for unlimited resources. It has nothing to do with Sorcs.

Fix *that* issue then see how it changes everyone....then if you still see what you think is a "sorc" problem make a case for that then.
    Makkir wrote: »
    EJ forums have always been my goto for WoW information. Everyone crazed over Noxxic but I always thought they were the Walmart Supercenter for information.

I don't know Noxxic as I quit WoW a long time ago but it is really a shame that this game can't support a public forum of similar quality to EJ. I would abandon this forum as I did the WoW forums in a heartbeat. I don't gladly spend my time debating children.
    Edited by Ezareth on April 21, 2015 2:42PM
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Laerwen wrote: »
    ToRelax wrote: »
    biggest difference is I'm running around with 3000 magicka regen, otherwise I could only bolt 8 times and 11 times.
    Thats why a magica regen penalty is needed too. According to your numbers. It means that you have a free bolt escape every 2 seconds. You can bolt escape 3-4 times in a row. Then you are out of reach and you can recast shields and you wait 10 seconds and you have 15k magica back. Funny right?

And how is that a Sorc problem again? Roll dodging or Dark Cloak don't just cut down your regen, do they?
    Dark cloak is easily countered by detection potions. Roll dodge is countered by CC timing, but I can admit that it is annoying and I will be happy if it is nerfed a little bit too.

Free bolt escape. Lol. Kinda like how you shadow cloak and wait 10 seconds. Funny right?

There IS a regen penalty, its just not in the tooltip anymore. You should really get your facts straight.
    I read that the regen penalty is applied only when you are out of combat. I will test it tonight with my vr1 sors.
    Bolt escape is countered by every single gap closer and cc in the game. *** you already have on your bar anyway. I have to slot stuff I wouldnt normally use to find a dark cloak spamming NB. MAYBE. You have no argument.

It is an out of combat penalty.
    In theory every gap closer is considered as BE counter. In practice it is not and if you don't see it you should try to play any other class and try to counter a BE sors by yourself.
    If the regen penalty is when you are out of combat why you bother to mention it. It is irrelevant in PvP.

No. Stop foaming at the mouth about Sorcs for one freaking minute and look at the big picture. Sorcs have no better efficiency options than any other class. *Every* class in the game right now can build for unlimited resources. It has nothing to do with Sorcs.
    Wait. The infinite resources are not so big problem as the BE is. In order to prevent the Sors to spam this ability their resources should be reduced while they spam it. If you don't spam BE you will have the infinite resources.
    Fix the BE spam and lets see how many shields Sors can stack. I bet if BE is nerfed that everybody will realize that the shields are not the problem and the problem is BE.
    Edited by Bashev on April 21, 2015 3:00PM
    Because I can!
    Options
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »
    @Ezareth I don't want to complain, and I won't, because I've given up the argument. But.

Exhibit A = DC Sorcerer, can't remember his name.

I encountered him fighting a group of EP, so I killed the EP first, during the fighting, he was bolting around, firing Mage's Wrat, Curse, typical fighting, once all the EP were dead, I turned to said Sorcerer, andbefore I could even get a crushing shock off what I saw in the distance was 6 balls of light.

He could fight that long and still maintain a high enough magicka pool, through pots or not, to bolt 6 times in a row.

That's broken mechanics in my honest opinion, not that I cared at that point in time during hte game, but you just shouldn't be able to do that so easily, NB cloaks have a ton of counters, dodge roll has counters, the only counter to BoL is to spam a gap closer and pray to jeebus he doesn't drag you so far out from the group then turn around and wreck face.

I do two things when I encounter Sorcerers running around in Cyrodiil now.

Completely ignore them.

Do what they do, turtle behind shields, and walk back to my Keep/Outpost/Resource, secretly laughing at their pitiful damage output. :wink:

Says the forum blade who can enter and exit combat AT WILL. There is no 50% cost increase for Shadow Cloak. There is no HALVIG of your out of combat regen either. You can spam that *** and teleport around like a goddamned eso god. Cry me a river.

@Laerwen L2DetectPot.......................?

In my opinion they broke the game for PvP when they removed softcaps, that kept everyone on equal playing boards, now it's just crazy what people can do if they focus solely on one stat.
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

And how is that a Sorc problem again? Roll dodging or Dark Cloak don't just cut down your regen, do they?
    Dark cloak is easily countered by detection potions. Roll dodge is countered by CC timing, but I can admit that it is annoying and I will be happy if it is nerfed a little bit too.

Free bolt escape. Lol. Kinda like how you shadow cloak and wait 10 seconds. Funny right?

There IS a regen penalty, its just not in the tooltip anymore. You should really get your facts straight.
    I read that the regen penalty is applied only when you are out of combat. I will test it tonight with my vr1 sors.
    Bolt escape is countered by every single gap closer and cc in the game. *** you already have on your bar anyway. I have to slot stuff I wouldnt normally use to find a dark cloak spamming NB. MAYBE. You have no argument.

In theory every gap closer is considered as BE counter. In practice it is not and if you don't see it you should try to play any other class and try to counter a BE sors by yourself.
    If the regen penalty is when you are out of combat why you bother to mention it. It is irrelevant in PvP.

Wait. The infinite resources are not so big problem as the BE is. In order to prevent the Sors to spam this ability their resources should be reduced while they spam it. If you don't spam BE you will have the infinite resources.
    Fix the BE spam and lets see how many shields Sors can stack. I bet if BE is nerfed that everybody will realize that the shields are not the problem and the problem is BE.

Why do you have a problem with the spammability of Bolt Escape but besides that infinite resources are ok? I mean, in that case we'll never be able to agree on this topic, but history tells us, you think like ZOS.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Why do you have a problem with the spammability of Bolt Escape but besides that infinite resources are ok? I mean, in that case we'll never be able to agree on this topic, but history tells us, you think like ZOS.
    Dont get me wrong. I wrote that the infinite resources (only one pool) is not the reason that sors are OP. The reason is BE.
    Because I can!
    Options
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Ezareth I don't want to complain, and I won't, because I've given up the argument. But.

I encountered him fighting a group of EP, so I killed the EP first, during the fighting, he was bolting around, firing Mage's Wrat, Curse, typical fighting, once all the EP were dead, I turned to said Sorcerer, andbefore I could even get a crushing shock off what I saw in the distance was 6 balls of light.

He could fight that long and still maintain a high enough magicka pool, through pots or not, to bolt 6 times in a row.

That's broken mechanics in my honest opinion, not that I cared at that point in time during hte game, but you just shouldn't be able to do that so easily, NB cloaks have a ton of counters, dodge roll has counters, the only counter to BoL is to spam a gap closer and pray to jeebus he doesn't drag you so far out from the group then turn around and wreck face.

Completely ignore them.

Do what they do, turtle behind shields, and walk back to my Keep/Outpost/Resource, secretly laughing at their pitiful damage output. :wink:
    How is that any different than someone using roll dodge dozens of times? It's possible with the recent popularity of regen builds. There are reflects from shields and RS, gap closers, fears, high damage spells like radiant destruction and many other things to use again sorcerers. It should be embarrassing to come onto the forums and complain that you can't manage to kill a single player with a group. Certainly not something I would admit to.
    :trollin:
    Options
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's already an incredible drain on magicka. Anyone who plays a sorc knows this and they plan accordingly. Those that are complaining about it just don't get what's involved in playing one. But I suspect it doesn't matter, you are not going to be happy till it has a 5 minute cooldown.

Edited by eventide03b14a_ESO on April 21, 2015 3:26PM
    :trollin:
    Options
  • Laerwen
    Laerwen
    ✭✭✭

Dont get me wrong. I wrote that the infinite resources (only one pool) is not the reason that sors are OP. The reason is BE.

How you forum blades can sit there under your shadow cloak and cry about bolt escape is beyond me. Mind blowing!

I tell you what, take away bolt escape and give us shadow cloak. Think about that for a minute. Let it sink in. You'll be BEGGING ZOS to give us bolt escape back. Lol.
    Options
  • Laerwen
    Laerwen
    ✭✭✭

Completely ignore them.

Says the forum blade who can enter and exit combat AT WILL. There is no 50% cost increase for Shadow Cloak. There is no HALVIG of your out of combat regen either. You can spam that *** and teleport around like a goddamned eso god. Cry me a river.

@Laerwen L2DetectPot.......................?

In my opinion they broke the game for PvP when they removed softcaps, that kept everyone on equal playing boards, now it's just crazy what people can do if they focus solely on one stat.

L2GapClose? L2CC? Really dude? You have a gap closer and a cc on your bar ANYWAY. Use them. I have to spend gold or slot othrwise useless *** to even TRY to counter your bull****. I dont complain, I just do it.
    Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif

Sorcs...the QQ topic that just never dies....no matter how many times it gets beat down...

Edited by RinaldoGandolphi on April 21, 2015 4:24PM
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone who says Gap Closers are a counter to Bolt Escape...Clearly haven't played a class with a Gap Closer yet against a Sorc.

Options
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

How you forum blades can sit there under your shadow cloak and cry about bolt escape is beyond me. Mind blowing!

I tell you what, take away bolt escape and give us shadow cloak. Think about that for a minute. Let it sink in. You'll be BEGGING ZOS to give us bolt escape back. Lol.

I am a DK. I counter NB with detection potions. It is really easy. The fear is broken but not OP (really nice skill). Just buggy and I hope it will be fixed.
    Because I can!
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone who says Gap Closers are a counter to Bolt Escape...Clearly haven't played a class with a Gap Closer yet against a Sorc.

That's news to all the people who kill me with them all the time....
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • Laerwen
    Laerwen
    ✭✭✭
    Sorc and Night Blade are anti zerg classes. We can skirt your zergballs, pick off stragglers and weaklings, then gtfo. That really pisses you off. If you stop nuthugging your templar long enough to chase us down, you die in a ball of fire because well, youre not nuthugging your templar. Your tears are delicious.
    Options
  • ZOS_ArtG
    Hello everyone,

In order to consolidate discussions on this topic, we're going to close this thread and ask that further discussion be posted in this larger thread about Sorcerers.

Thanks for understanding, and of course, for your feedback!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.