The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Launcher freezes and game doesn't recognize password

Lars1091
Lars1091
Soul Shriven
So since the game went ftp I decided to try it again (haven't played since early acces).
I installed the game, had all the updates and clicked play. Instead of launching the game, the launcher freezes and doesn't do anything anymore.
I tried launching the game by going into the game folders and launching eso.exe and that worked, but then the game didn't recognize my password. I can login into the site, so I changed my password to something new and am pretty sure I entered it correctly, but still the game doesn't recognize my password.

So to recap, two problems:
1: The launcher freezes when hitting the play button.
2: The game doesn't recognize my password, but the website does.

I am on the North American servers, by the way.
Does anyone know how to fix these problems?

Many thanks in advance.

Lars1091
Edited by Lars1091 on March 30, 2015 7:56PM
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your ingame ID is not your e-mail.
  • Lars1091
    Lars1091
    Soul Shriven
    I know that. It had actually remembered my ID from early access and to be certain I made sure it was the same as what was on my profile on the website. It was the same. The problem really is with the password.
  • intrimazz
    intrimazz
    Do you have a firewall installed or a router with built in firewall? I am having the same issue until I disabled my firewall and just requested some help because I really am not comfortable with having my firewall turned off (just happened after this Tuesday's maintenance) but maybe this will help you.

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9179/kw/firewall names
  • Lars1091
    Lars1091
    Soul Shriven
    I disabled my virusscanner (AVG) at one of the attemps to launch the game, it didn't make any difference.
    As far as I know, that's the only virusscanner I have.

I did notice last night though that the game eventually did start when I left the launcher to do it's thing without me closing it through task manager, but that was after an hour or so.
    Edited by Lars1091 on March 31, 2015 8:42AM
  • intrimazz
    intrimazz
    Lars1091 wrote: »
    I disabled my virusscanner (AVG) at one of the attemps to launch the game, it didn't make any difference.
    As far as I know, that's the only virusscanner I have.

I did notice last night though that the game eventually did start when I left the launcher to do it's thing without me closing it through task manager, but that was after an hour or so.

Doe it take an hour or so to start every time or was it just that one instance?

• Lars1091
    Lars1091
    Soul Shriven
    That was the only time I let it on for that long, but I do think it will last that long everytime.
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    intrimazz wrote: »
    Do you have a firewall installed or a router with built in firewall? I am having the same issue until I disabled my firewall and just requested some help because I really am not comfortable with having my firewall turned off (just happened after this Tuesday's maintenance) but maybe this will help you.
    If you have a router a software firewall is largely redundant for most people and more trouble that it's worth IMO.

• ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Lars1091,

If the game is not up to date through the launcher, you may run into an issue where your credentials aren't recognized. What is the version number that is displaying in the bottom-left corner of the login screen?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Lars1091
    Lars1091
    Soul Shriven
    My game shows the version number as:
    eso.live.2.0.3.1140430
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotcha, thanks @Lars1091!

We checked into your account and it appears that you have a beta key and an early access key applied, but not a game key.

If you purchased the game from a third party retailer back in the pre-order days, it is likely that you received multiple keys; one for the game itself, one for the Explorer's Pack, and one for the 5 day early access period. If you happen to have the other keys in your email, you can apply them to your account on the account site and you'll be able to hop in to the game.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Lars1091
    Lars1091
    Soul Shriven
    Ah oke, I though since my profile showed I had early acces, that meant I also could get into the game after early access.
    I just looked however and I've got only two codes. I tried entering the one from the third party retailer where I bought it, but it said that the code is invalid (probably entered back with early acces). The other one is the beta key.
    As far as I know, I don't have any other keys. It might have gotten lost however, since I have moved and started living on my own last year.

If there is someway I can find out what the key was that I have probably lost or get a new key to get back into the game, that would be greatly appreciated!
    I can prove I bought the game last year, since I still have the confirmation of the third party retailer (it is in Dutch though).

Many thanks for all the help!
  • intrimazz
    intrimazz
    intrimazz wrote: »
    If you have a router a software firewall is largely redundant for most people and more trouble that it's worth IMO.

I said or I didn't say and - please lay off my posts and threads. You criticize and nitpick in places where it is not necessary and you don't offer any positive help to the OPs or don't read the posts correctly. I am beginning to think you just troll and stalk the forums.

@Lars: I am glad an Official Zenimax Admin got to your situation :) good luck!
    Edited by intrimazz on March 31, 2015 3:56PM