Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Enlightenment - Does it work? I have not received anything yet

DijkeMark
DijkeMark
Okay, so a few days ago, I got to VR1 and today I got VR2. When reaching VR1, I should receive enlightenment every 24 hours. But since the moment I got VR1, I have not received any enlightenment. I understand how it works, but I got nothing so far.

Does enlightenment actually work, or is it bugged for me?
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    'E' works for me, and like you I'd have expected you to have had some, certainly if you hit VR1 "a few days ago".
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @DijkeMark,

We have a post on how Enlightenment works with a lot of the details about the system. Let us know if this helps the situation, or if you still aren't noticing your enlightenment bonuses after 24 hours of reaching VR1.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • DijkeMark
    DijkeMark
    Since the day I reached VR1, I did not get the enlightenment bonus. Everyday I had to earn 400k exp to get my champion point.

I did read a lot of the different posts and 'tutorials' on how the enlightenment should work, but I do not notice any increased gain towards my champion points unfortunately.
  • roney.jeremyub17_ESO
    Enlightenment doesn't seem to be working for me either. I have a VR2 character that I log into every day to get hireling mats from (but nothing else) and I've spent several weeks leveling a brand new character up to VR1.. which I hit yesterday. Every time I log into my old VR2 character it says I'm enlightened, but still shows 0/400,000 to gain a CP. I've no idea how enlightenment works with multiple VR characters, but my new VR1 character has gained 200,000/400,000 so far. She hasn't gained enlightenment at all in her own right, and if it's account based I don't seem to be using the several weeks worth I should have saved up while leveling her.
  • roney.jeremyub17_ESO
    Yeah.. out of curiosity I tried actually playing my old VR2 character. Gained 150k xp and it just says 150/400k. I log in and it says I'm enlightened, but I'm still not gaining them at a rate of 1 per 100k. System is borked.
  • charriss1rwb17_ESO
    I am having the issue. I am almost VR3 and have received no enlightenment yet. My leveling friend has almost double my CP but is only VR1. Has anyone had any luck with tickets to customer support? Or fixed it some how? Very frustrating....
  • Martan
    Martan
    ✭✭✭
    Enlightenment is working as intended. You can tell if you are enlighten or not by hovering with the mouse at the exp bar and check if the bar has a darker color on the back of the bar. It will still tell you that you have to receive 400,000 EXP to level up but it does indeed fill faster. They have just added a 4x exp rate on to the enlightenment exp when you are enlighten. There's nothing to worry about.
    NuRV4LZ.jpg
    Enlightenment doesn't seem to be working for me either. I have a VR2 character that I log into every day to get hireling mats from (but nothing else) and I've spent several weeks leveling a brand new character up to VR1.. which I hit yesterday. Every time I log into my old VR2 character it says I'm enlightened, but still shows 0/400,000 to gain a CP. I've no idea how enlightenment works with multiple VR characters, but my new VR1 character has gained 200,000/400,000 so far. She hasn't gained enlightenment at all in her own right, and if it's account based I don't seem to be using the several weeks worth I should have saved up while leveling her.
    Enlightenment stacks for up to 12 days and I'm pretty sure that it's character bound. The points however, is account shared. You have to use up all the enlightenment on your VR2 character by gaining EXP to benefit from it.
    Edited by Martan on April 5, 2015 9:29AM
  • DijkeMark
    DijkeMark
    Yes, although I knew it was working like this, it is good to see it actually working for someone.
    However, I do not get the message I have enlightenment as you have in your screenshot.
  • charriss1rwb17_ESO
    DijkeMark wrote: »
    Yes, although I knew it was working like this, it is good to see it actually working for someone.
    However, I do not get the message I have enlightenment as you have in your screenshot.

Same as me. not getting anything.....
  • Glierhuin
    Glierhuin
    ✭✭✭
    I will quote a very helpful post here to help clarify your situation:
    glak wrote: »
    Here is the function to use in the chat window to see your Enlightenment info. Below each function is my character's current value if you're asking.

If you do not see what you expect in the UI or the response in chat window, do this once in an area where you should be getting XP to see if that fixes it:
    /reloadui

See the entire Enlightenment Pool, you cannot see this in the UI "because it would be too confusing"
    /script d(GetEnlightenedPool())

See how much XP is required in total to attain a Champion Point
    /script d(GetChampionXPInRank())

See how much Enlightenment multiplies incoming XP if you have it
    /script d(GetEnlightenedMultiplier())

Does this character have Enlightenment available to use?
    /script d(IsEnlightenedAvailableForCharacter())
    true

Does your account have a character that has Enlightenment available to use
    /script d(IsEnlightenedAvailableForAccount())
    true
    I have approximate knowledge of many things.
  • charriss1rwb17_ESO
    My mate just turned VR2, I am 6% shy of VR3, he has double my champ points..... Its definately not working for me.
  • Tamruan01b14_ESO
    Tamruan01b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    It's obviously not working for some folk. Seems to be a small number of people. Like me and the few here. I know it's supposed to work. It's just not working for me.
  • DijkeMark
    DijkeMark
    Okay, so I tried the "/script d(GetEnlightenedPool())" command a few times yesterday and today after I logged in. No matter what, it always says 0. I am VR4 already but still no enlightenment for me.
  • charriss1rwb17_ESO
    Yep same again. Sent screenshots to CS with the script running. Had '0' as well. Anyone had a response from CS saying they acknowledge the fault or have had them fix it?
  • keresh_ESO
    keresh_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Glad to know i am not the only one :(
  • charriss1rwb17_ESO
    Anyone had a response from CS regarding this issue?
  • DijkeMark
    DijkeMark
    Besides the post at the beginning of this topic, none.
  • Tamruan01b14_ESO
    Tamruan01b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I got moved up the tree for support a few days ago, but since then nothing.
  • charriss1rwb17_ESO
    I had an email this morning saying it has been passed to a special team handling the issue. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.....
  • Tamruan01b14_ESO
    Tamruan01b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Oh hey! You got moved up the ladder like me. I got that email 3 days ago now. Still nothing. Hopes are still up though.
  • charriss1rwb17_ESO
    Hopefully it doesnt take too long and we get reimbursed the champ points we have missed out on. I couldnt imagine it would take too long to investigate and fix?
  • Tamruan01b14_ESO
    Tamruan01b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I wouldn't think it would take long. Either the champ points or enough enlightenment to cover the missing champ points. I honestly don't care which. Or give me unlimited enlightenment like some others have :tongue:
  • DijkeMark
    DijkeMark
    I am just glad if they manage to fix it.
  • keresh_ESO
    keresh_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Do you have to remain logged out of your veteran character for 24 hours to receive the enlightenment?
  • Tamruan01b14_ESO
    Tamruan01b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Tried being logged out for 72 hours to see if it triggered anything. Didn't work.
  • Glierhuin
    Glierhuin
    ✭✭✭
    I don't
    keresh_ESO wrote: »
    Do you have to remain logged out of your veteran character for 24 hours to receive the enlightenment?

No. You actually have to log IN to receive it. Staying offline for 3 days will only give you 1 day of enlightenment when you log back in.
    I have approximate knowledge of many things.
  • charriss1rwb17_ESO
    Anyone have any luck getting this bug fixed yet?
  • DijkeMark
    DijkeMark
    No, unfortunately not. Aslong as they don't put out an official patch for it, we don't get any enlightenment.
  • keresh_ESO
    keresh_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Here i was hoping this latest patch included a sneaky fix... nope.
  • miklawceb17_ESO
    I have the same problem, no enlightenment for me at all. I wrote support and submitted a bug report. At this point i'm not sure if it's even on their radar, which sucks. For every cp i get, my friends get 4... it's rather frustrating.