The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Keep getting booted to login screen with no error at all

• Sreja_Bone
    Sreja_Bone
    ✭✭✭
    I saw that about the error <<1>> being a connection issue, and it seems very possible; I have less trouble at lower traffic times of day. Making that issue doubly pertinent to me is that I live in sticks; my ISP is wireless (not cellular hotspot but an actual WISP) and while they've grown exponentially in quality and speed over the last few years, there's always the possibility of hiccups in the radio signal. So, yeah, could be, and could be completely out of my hands.

Not letting anyone 100% off the hook though - Lotro, GW2, Secret World, Titanfall, BF4, COD4, Borderlands 2 coop and Farcy 3 in coop all run without a hitch.
    Mortelus' thought about the Megaserver tech is well taken, too. Every mmo I've played would not let you back in immediately after a dropped connection or a sudden closure of the game, though they usually at least tell you there's another instance of your account running on their end. The Megaserver idea is ambitious, I'll grant you, but there's a reason no one else does it. And Zos put a lot of money on that horse, couldn't back away at this point.
  • Wily_Wizard
    Wily_Wizard
    ✭✭✭
    I saw that about the error <<1>> being a connection issue, and it seems very possible

My guess is that these connectivity errors are not any of the player/clients network's problems. Since its affecting many users at once, most likely its on ESO's end. There's also a chance it could be an external network issue in the same local as the ESO servers, but that ESO has no control over. When the errors occur, I've checked the Tier 1 providers status and they weren't experiencing any issues, so most likely its ESO's ISP having bandwidth issues with their leased lines and/or QOS agreement constraints kicking in. It's well known that they have bandwidth issues as seen with the super slow download of game files, chances are these same (type)problems can bleed over to the gameplay as well. Of course this is theory, but its common sense...and ESO has yet to step up and officially address the download problem.

In all fairness to ESO though, it could possibly still be a routing issue with specific players/clients ISP's. So , for example, maybe everyone except COXCable internet users have a good route to ESO's servers. In which case COXcable gateway routers could be providing its customers with a route that traverses an internet provider with congestion issues going into the ESO server facility. This kind of problem is nearly impossible to fix, because it doesn't fall directly into the responsibility of either end party involved.

In any case, the only chance that either problem type listed above will get fixed is if ESO becomes extremely vocal with their providers and escalates to the highest possible level for some resolution...otherwise nobody will ever address or even acknowledge the issue.

Edited by Wily_Wizard on May 27, 2015 3:22AM
  • Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    I have been contacted by support and they have also told me it's because my IP isn't static, he said to change it.

So I will try this tonight, but I don't think it's work. I will try just login in as I haven't tried for a few days and they had maintenance. Maybe something fixed itself.

Others on here have also been told it's because of a dynamic IP problems. What I don't get is why has it only just started now, why wasn't it happening 3 weeks ago when I first returned from a long break?

I have my doubts as to this being the solution to the problem but I will update when I have tried it.
    Who has time? But if we never take time how can we ever have time?
  • Sreja_Bone
    Sreja_Bone
    ✭✭✭
    First thing I did was static IP and port forwarding..... 3 weeks ago.
  • Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    First thing I did was static IP and port forwarding..... 3 weeks ago.

Did you try that on your router, or ISP or both.

They suggested turning off; Port Scanning, the DoS Protection or the IGMP Proxying, I do not know if that's even enabled but will take a look when I am back home.

Just out of interest where do you play from?
  • Wily_Wizard
    Wily_Wizard
    ✭✭✭
    Mortelus wrote: »
    Gosh, I hope he was talking about router. I cant believe ESO would suggest that we all run out and get business class internet service. That could get extremely expensive.

That might just be a great idea. Maybe in all our crash posts we should include our region and ISP provider as well. Never know, it could start to give us some clues about the crashing. I wonder if anyone has the rights to post a POLL for all the people crashing, with all the ISP's listed?

• Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    Gosh, I hope he was talking about router. I cant believe ESO would suggest that we all run out and get business class internet service. That could get extremely expensive.

That might just be a great idea. Maybe in all our crash posts we should include our region and ISP provider as well. Never know, it could start to give us some clues about the crashing. I wonder if anyone has the rights to post a POLL for all the people crashing, with all the ISP's listed?

It would not be beyond the realm of ridiculousness for Zeni to ask that of us. I mean the suggested already for to turn off all my firewalls (win, comp and router) and my anti-virus.

I really do not get what has happened, it was fine, then it wasn't after patch 2.0.9 I was playing before patch 2.0.9 I logged out just before the servers went down, then after I logged in once the servers were back up, I started getting the zoning problem.

Just to let you know, I play from North China. My ping is always a pretty stable 230-250. Last night after managing to get on (turned off option on my router to stop acting as a DHCP server), I was at 215ms, lowest I have ever seen it. Then I zoned same error again. Not tried again since then.

I guess I just need to find a new game to play. Because Zeni have no idea, and I have no idea. I still think it is some confliction with their megaserver routing and my hardware or something to that effect.
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Hi @Mortelus !

After checking with support, we do see that an agent has been in touch with you regarding your error. Please be aware that maintaining a steady IP address per session is necessary for ESOTU. Your IP is showing that it changes when you go between zones, and as such the game sees it as having your userID logged in under multiple IP addresses in a single session, which disconnects you from the game.

We do apologize for the frustrations with this, and for everyone experiencing this issue please be sure to continue working with support to ensure all troubleshooting is completed!

We do know that this is an error relating to connectivity, and since it is such a broad error, it can take some time to determine where along the path from your computer to our servers that the problem is occurring. While frustrating, please know that this is being investigated, and our support agents are the best contacts for this issue to work with you and your setup directly one-on-one.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Wily_Wizard
    Wily_Wizard
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_MollyH wrote: »
    Hi @Mortelus !

After checking with support, we do see that an agent has been in touch with you regarding your error. Please be aware that maintaining a steady IP address per session is necessary for ESOTU. Your IP is showing that it changes when you go between zones, and as such the game sees it as having your userID logged in under multiple IP addresses in a single session, which disconnects you from the game.

Is there any way as a user that we can see if this happening in an ESO log or something, so we know if we need to address it?
    Do you suspect this is an ISP issue or a DHCP LAN issue? I know some ISPs require VPN tunnels directly from the modem that are seemingly passive to the end user, but I wonder if it could cause problems?
  • Sreja_Bone
    Sreja_Bone
    ✭✭✭

Router, would be nice to do ISP, but don't think that'll fly.

I live East coast, U.S. ISP is Virginia Broadband (VABB).

I've got a sneaking suspicion my ISP has some kind of router in front me, perhaps in the Ubiquiti (?) antenna on my roof. If I copy my gateway into my browser, it gives me a Mikrotik webbox login page, which I haven't touched (doesn't respond to default mikrotik passwords and wouldn't change anything without their say-so even if I could) , have a request in with them about how to proceed, but so far all I got back was " you just need a static IP".....which again, was the first thing I tried and awfully hard if there's a router in front of me I can't access. Wife works in accounting for the ISP, going to try to see if she can cut through the red tape for me ;) .

In all honesty, it has been less common in the last week, but I've been actively avoiding anything that'll give a load screen whenever possible... dungeons, fast travel, Outlaws refuge, etc. It really was no fun a couple of weeks back when nearly all my characters were trapped behind a door somewhere.

Edited by Sreja_Bone on May 27, 2015 10:11PM
  • Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_MollyH wrote: »
    Hi @Mortelus !

We do apologize for the frustrations with this, and for everyone experiencing this issue please be sure to continue working with support to ensure all troubleshooting is completed!

We do know that this is an error relating to connectivity, and since it is such a broad error, it can take some time to determine where along the path from your computer to our servers that the problem is occurring. While frustrating, please know that this is being investigated, and our support agents are the best contacts for this issue to work with you and your setup directly one-on-one.

Yeah this is what they said, static router IP didn't work. I was able to log on when I turned off my DHCP setting on my router but then still got kicked on zoning.

I guess I will need to speak to my ISP then about setting a static one. Don't know how that's going to go with a Chinese ISP company....

Thanks for you help though, appreciate any and all feed back :)
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also have been having this issue, normally about 4 time an hour, but recently had it happen around fifteen times in 10 minutes.

Sometimes on login, sometimes on travelling, and sometime in the middle of gameplay. It has resulted in repeating sections of quests, or skipping them. I never got to speak with King Emeric in the Messages across Tamriel quest :-(. I spoke the Queen Aryenn 3 times, and watched the introduction dialogue about 6 times...

Yes, I have a static IP. Ticket number 150527-001570.

I'm going to try repairing again and leave it updating overnight...

Wish me luck...

PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • Tashira
    Tashira
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried the following?

Disable your firewall for a few hours and see if it changes the issue
    Check your logs for application errors in the operating system? Windows?
    Are you using NAT?
    Does your ISP require multiple logins?
    Have tried looking at your connection/security settings in the internet connections about using the same login supplied across zones?

Just some thoughts on seeing if it could be any of these
  • Sreja_Bone
    Sreja_Bone
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, my ISP confirmed there is another router between mine and the internet and suggested putting my computer into the DMZ if the issue was on this device only, (it's not, but I'll try it first; less inputting than second option.)

Again, the way I discovered that there was another router in my network was by inputting my gateway address from my WAN info into the address bar of my browser.... when it gave me a login page , hey, presto! there's another router. (No idea what would have happened if there weren't...not that much of a power user :/ .)
    Edited by Sreja_Bone on May 29, 2015 10:34PM
  • taiji2078
    taiji2078
    ✭✭✭
    Hello again,

I managed to get the 2nd computer running the game nice and smoothly too. All addons are working fine, no errors, nothing.

It was quite simple. I have the faster computer connected to my regular router. When I want to play my same account on my second computer, I need to connect my Android smartphone with USB tethering for 3G internet sharing.

For me it seems that the security feature build in the game cannot allow the game to be played from more computers on the same LAN, using the same account.

For each computer in house, where you want to play ESO, try to provide a different ISP (in order to have a different IP, or if you have a dynamic IP, just turn off your router first and force it to renew the IP) . It works for me and now I can play my account on both computers. ( the faster computer is now the one that is being used by my daughter for gaming and projects ... so I cannot use it whenever I want to play ESO :smile: )

I'm sorry for all the troubles created with the PC hardware presumption. It seems that the only problem remains the security option that disables playing the same account on multiple machines connected to the same IP. That presumption actually costed me money, since I bought 8gb RAM for the 2nd coumputer too :smiley:
    Edited by taiji2078 on May 30, 2015 8:27PM
    Magicka Pet High Elf Sorcerer , Magicka High Elf Nightblade, Magicka High Elf Templar, Imperial Warden Tank
  • Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, my ISP confirmed there is another router between mine and the internet and suggested putting my computer into the DMZ if the issue was on this device only, (it's not, but I'll try it first; less inputting than second option.)

Again, the way I discovered that there was another router in my network was by inputting my gateway address from my WAN info into the address bar of my browser.... when it gave me a login page , hey, presto! there's another router. (No idea what would have happened if there weren't...not that much of a power user :/ .)

Well this is definitely my problem as well.

Here's my results from the game consultant;

0 10.0.0.2
    0/ 1 = 0% |
    1 0ms 0/ 1 = 0% 0/ 1 = 0% 10.0.0.1 - My gate way
    0/ 1 = 0% |
    2 17ms 0/ 1 = 0% 0/ 1 = 0% 172.20.1.235
    0/ 1 = 0% |
    3 5ms 0/ 1 = 0% 0/ 1 = 0% 221.129.77.89
    0/ 1 = 0% |
    4 --- 1/ 1 =100% 1/ 1 =100% 172.20.12.34
    0/ 1 = 0% |
    5 --- 1/ 1 =100% 1/ 1 =100% 123.150.213.129
    0/ 1 = 0% |
    6 4ms 0/ 1 = 0% 0/ 1 = 0% 172.16.3.5
    0/ 1 = 0% |
    7 --- 1/ 1 =100% 1/ 1 =100% 10.1.1.1 - Is it normal to be router through another private router or not???
    0/ 1 = 0% |
    8 6ms 0/ 1 = 0% 0/ 1 = 0% 172.28.28.13

Anyway, Zeni have said its an issue with my IP changing too often as shown above, 172.xxx.xxx.xxx

What's silly is that this issue is only on their game, I get having security measures, but if you cannot even play with two PC's on the same IP and I cannot connect after zoning seems a bit too stringent for me.

Also, if it is a connection issue, why does it only log me in after a complete reinstall?
  • Sreja_Bone
    Sreja_Bone
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I don't get it, seems odd. Mine seems to be fine now; the DMZ option didn't work for me (and frankly made me nervous, even though I was still behind their router), however they gave me the info to setup a static IP on my WAN. That seems to have cleared it right up *knocks on wood*.
    7 --- 1/ 1 =100% 1/ 1 =100% 10.1.1.1 - Is it normal to be router through another private router or not???
    0/ 1 = 0% |

Anyway, Zeni have said its an issue with my IP changing too often as shown above, 172.xxx.xxx.xxx
    After struggling through this and seeing all the people with the same or nearly the same problems, I'm guessing there are a lot of people out there double-routered by their ISP (or maybe landlords even) that don't realize it. I mean, how would you know unless something started acting funny and you went digging?

What I really don't get is why the IP's are changing fast enough to cause continuous problems, is that normal behavior? And what is it that makes this game so sensitive to it when others are not? If it is normal ISP behavior, wouldn't it be accounted for during development? I don't remember having this particular issue during beta with the same network,pc, and ISP.

Anway, hope you get cleared up, Mortelus - the rest of you as well. And let everyone know how if you do, 'cause if mine screws up again I'll be back looking at this first ;) .

Luck, everyone.

• Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I don't get it, seems odd. Mine seems to be fine now; the DMZ option didn't work for me (and frankly made me nervous, even though I was still behind their router), however they gave me the info to setup a static IP on my WAN. That seems to have cleared it right up *knocks on wood*.
    0/ 1 = 0% |

After struggling through this and seeing all the people with the same or nearly the same problems, I'm guessing there are a lot of people out there double-routered by their ISP (or maybe landlords even) that don't realize it. I mean, how would you know unless something started acting funny and you went digging?

What I really don't get is why the IP's are changing fast enough to cause continuous problems, is that normal behavior? And what is it that makes this game so sensitive to it when others are not? If it is normal ISP behavior, wouldn't it be accounted for during development? I don't remember having this particular issue during beta with the same network,pc, and ISP.

Anway, hope you get cleared up, Mortelus - the rest of you as well. And let everyone know how if you do, 'cause if mine screws up again I'll be back looking at this first ;) .

Luck, everyone.

That's awesome you got yours sorted out :)

I don't think I will have such luck, My ISP is some 4th rate Chinese ISP. I asked about getting help, they sent a guy round who didn't even know what the details in CMD prompt were showing him so I had to explain, he was useless.

They won't be of any help to me and I doubt they would ever let me know their network details to do what you did.

I will change ISP's to a more popular company later towards the end of this year.

I don't get it either because like I said, my game ran fine for the first 3 weeks after I returned to the game. No problems at all, and this problem only started immediately after patch 2.0.9 installed, and I mean immediately, because I was playing right up until the servers went down perfectly fine, and then logged in after they came back up then I had the issue. So either it was some bizarre coincidence that my ISP did something between the hours of 8pmand 10pm Chinese time, which I doubt, or it was some new security thing Zeni installed because my ISP didn't change and being the rubbish company they are I doubt they updated anything either.
  • vladimilianoub17_ESO1
    vladimilianoub17_ESO1
    ✭✭✭✭
    same issues.After tamriel unlimited the only issue i had was that the game freez and stop responding but it only happens once avery 2 or 3 game sessions.

Now,4 days ago i started getting the <<1>> error.Sometimes when loading to another zone and sometimes everything freez but not me I can just walk around but cant interact after a few mins it send me to the log screen.

I have tried a few of the things mentioned here(like the depot folder,I swear i wont try that again,it just made me download the whole game and it didnt solve the issue)I will try afew more things if notthing solve it then is goodby to this game,the game always has been a mess regarding performance b ut lately its been worse.I had played many MMOs and this one is the one with more issues,the longer the game continues the worse it gets.

What gets me is that it wasnt like this before and im playing since beta.For the 2nd time the game has become unplayable for me(first time was several months ago where the game have a sound issue that was making mobs and stuff not appear on the screen) so its becoming unplayable again the difference is this time i loose all my hopes.What a way to damage such a good game desing.
  • vladimilianoub17_ESO1
    vladimilianoub17_ESO1
    ✭✭✭✭
    So,any news? Still getting the errors and crashes after trying many of the "fixes"
  • Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    The only news I got from support were they are unable to help me with my problem.

They told me my IP keeps changing and highlighted the changing IP address. Problem is, those IP's they highlighted have remained exactly the same for the last two weeks since they told me about them.

I don't get what this security measure is all about anyway... So what if my IP changes from when I logged in, as long as I have not logged off and back in again it shouldn't matter.

No other game does this to me, Christ I can even play PSN online games without a problem.
  • Tashira
    Tashira
    ✭✭✭
    IP address leases is either a 24, 48, or 72 hour lease by default. Be it from your router or from your ISP by default..

This is just another diversion by ESO when they don't know what the issues in my opinion
  • Sreja_Bone
    Sreja_Bone
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, I'm going to necro this. Switched routers since my last post, first time re-entered the info my ISP had given me, just in case this issue had not been fixed. Things worked fine, then best as I can figure, my provider changed their network (my internet went completely until reset router to factory default; the old info from ISP causes connection failure when re-entered). Default settings on router work fine with everything under the sun....except ESO.

Really, ZOS? Over 2 years, and this is still a thing? I don't so much care that it is, but please offer a cogent explanation as to why I must have static IP settings on my WAN for THIS GAME ALONE. Please. I really want to understand.

Error now is "An error occurred Try again in a few minutes" :s

Edited by Sreja_Bone on July 9, 2016 2:26AM
  • Hemaka
    Hemaka
    ✭✭
    They won't answer here, and they won't answer via customer service. All they can do is copy-paste autoresponses that are not even on topic. Good luck solving your issues.
  • snoogadooch
    snoogadooch
    ✭✭✭
    Came here to post about this issue. I regularly am kicked to log in with no errors displayed.
  • NoRagret
    NoRagret
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting kicked as well I haven't received a response from customer service
  • Alexium
    Alexium
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. Almost. Some of my "gray" IP addresses are bad for ESO servers. I can't make "white" (direct) IP address. My provider not provide this service. And I must sometime rebooting router until it fix. It is roulette. :(
  • Marcomazzo
    2017...started to have this problem 3 weeks ago...i tried all the eso support suggested me plus redownloading the game but the problem still exist for me..
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    This thread has been necro'd from March 2015 where some things mentioned are outdated now. You are welcome to start a new thread if you are experiencing getting booted back to the login screen. We also suggest going through the troubleshooting listed in this help article.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.