The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Keep getting booted to login screen with no error at all

• Friesenberg
    @ZOS_MollyH I have submitted a ticket before, 150320-002950, but the problem is still continuing.
    Edited by Friesenberg on March 24, 2015 6:01PM
  • Friesenberg
    This is definitely related to the <<1>> error, every time I can't log in I get that error.
  • Friesenberg
    UPDATE:

This seems to subside the error for an extended amount of time; maybe this has something to do with latency issues?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rhWeL4L_pI
  • Dravecailean
    I also thought it was latency related but I deactivated some outdated add-ons and I could play fine without the annoying ¨1¨ error. Will try again after work.
  • Friesenberg
    @Dravecailean That's something a lot of people have suggested to me except I don't run any add-ons at all nor have I ever so there isn't any in the folder. And yet it still happens :/ But I did notice it happened less if I was in a less populated area.
  • Dravecailean
    It is really weird yeah. Logging out in a remote area helps, Cyrodiil being the worse. They advise me to lower down the resolution and graphics but it was happening in Minimum settings and in 4k Ultra anyway. It's definitely on their end although probably affecting weaker more high base latency connections.

• Friesenberg
    @Dravecailean Yep that's also where I'm confused at, I have a pretty stable internet connection (http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4239213518) with friends down the street that don't have this problem at all.
  • Noize
    Noize
    Hi guys,

You should try to repair your game files first. To do this, please open the launcher, click on Game Options (under the NEWS section), and select Repair from the drop-down menu. Once the repair is complete, you can try logging into the game again.

If the initial repair does not work, players should please try the following:
    • Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online for the North American megaserver or C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online EU for the European megaserver.
    • Look for the Depot folder and move it to the desktop. Players can drag and drop the folder for ease.
    • Reopen the launcher and run the repair again.

Please tell us if this doesn't solved your issue. We will be glad to help you further.

1. What I did is copied the Depot folder from my wife's PC onto mine via our network, it took about an hour.
    2. I moved my original Depot folder out and put the copied Depot folder where in. That worked!

If your able to do what I did or take your computer to someone who has a working copy or bring a computer with a working copy of the game to your place, it might be worthwhile instead of a 10hr or more download. Copying the Depot folder and replacing it, is no guarantee that it will work but I think it's worth a try.

My wife is running W7 and I'm running W8.1, maybe this might have something to do with it? It appears, for us anyway,
    that W7 seems to work better with ESO than W8.1. She never had any problems at all
    with the game in anyway.

I hope this will help in some way thanks to the idea I got of "ZOS_LenaicR"

• Dravecailean
    Still going on, was running perfectly fine until it kicked me out and can't go back in. Unfortunately I don't have a wife to use her files to fix it, so Id love to see a hotfix of some kind...
  • ginoboehm
    ginoboehm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am kicking in a me too had it twice per dsav run and multible times in cyrodil. completly reinstalled game tried with/without addons only happened till 1.6
  • Friesenberg
    @Noize I'll try your fix when I get home later today. They really need to set this as a priority to fix because it's making the game completely unplayable.
  • Friesenberg
    Unfortunately I don't have another depot folder from another computer to try this is on @Noize
  • Noize
    Noize
    @Friesenberg I was lucky that copying a working Depot folder worked. Damn if I was going to spend another 10+ hours to redownload the whole game again! ...and after the next patch..so on.
    The wife plays also and she seems to be error free, for now anyway.

Other suggestions which might help is that; if you have another hard drive try installing W10 free to download and use, it gets updated automatically. I suppose its like a beta version.
    You get to have your say how you want it to be etc.. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows-10/about
    Only install the game and see how that goes with updates, I haven't tried this yet but its just a thought.

Maybe set your PC up to duel boot with 2 of the instances of the same or different OS's 1 for every day use and the other just for the game.
    I agree they really need to get this fixed and the repair tool also, I find that just hangs.
    I hope some of this helps. Best of luck!
  • Friesenberg
    I deleted everything off of my computer that pertained to ESO, then completely re-downloaded it again. It did not fix anything.
  • Friesenberg
    One last update:

I have found a solution to this problem; either you need to connect your computer to your router via Ethernet cable or, you can update your router's firmware. Both of which worked for me. If you try this and it doesn't fix the issue, let me know.
  • Vlakna
    Vlakna
    ✭✭✭
    My PC is connected through ethernet cable. Firmware is up to date. And still getting error <<1>>
    I just keep receiving email from ZOS support and nothing helps.
    Thanks for sharing Friesenberg.
  • luisgmandavar
    luisgmandavar
    Soul Shriven
    So what is the solution? i've been having the same issue and when i saw that it had been updated as solved i came in to see what was causing the issue...i dont see the solution
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Friesenberg I've been tackling this problem since July 2014. If you don't mind me asking what kind of router are you running? I'm not saying that your router was the culprit however I've been told by Zenimax that I need to buy a new router although this is the only game that has connectivity problems.

Kind of funny or odd that they are blaming a piece of hardware that has absolutely no problems with playing through online games from a Steam library pages long.

Also, connecting directly into the router is not a solution as this error can occur even while plugged in.
    Edited by Lionxoft on March 30, 2015 5:10AM
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Hello,

Thank you all for your patience while we continue to develop a resolution to this issue. For those of you using Windows 8.1 as an OS, have you been able to try running ESO via Compatibility Mode for Windows 8 or Windows XP?

Thank you again for your patience while we continue working to get this resolved!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Friesenberg
    @Lionxoft I was using a Arris router/modem from comcast until I switched it to bridge mode and got a new router. Game runs fine now, and my connection in general got better.
  • Matt.vanelsenb16_ESO
    This keeps happening to me as well. It's not to the point of making the game unplayable, sometimes I can go for over an hour without it kicking me to the log-in screen, but it's still quite a nuisance. Just hoping that this'll get fixed soon.
  • Xepla
    Xepla
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_MollyH I see that you locked my thread and redirected me here, though my issue is quite different than the one OP describes. Being a responsible Forum user I did find this thread before creating my own, and because his problem was not the same as mine, I made a new thread.

Let's say I create a thread describing the nausea I feel after eating guar eggs. There is another ongoing thread about the nausea some people feel after eating salmon. Should our threads be combined because they both deal with nausea? Or because salmon and guar both lay eggs? I am fine eating salmon. This is lunacy.

I hope you can understand my frustration with this action, because the previous thread allowed me to be in contact with others who did have my same, exact issue. I had also meticulously documented everything I have tried and which has been, and will be, suggested here, again.

If anyone else has my specific issue, infinite requesting character load AND being DC'd with <<1>> at Wayshrines or Zone transfers, please discuss it with me on the elderscrollsonline subreddit (http://bit.ly/1HXeFDw). There, we can discuss the issue without fear of being locked or redirected.

So, here I am to discuss a totally different problem that happens to have the same "<<1>>" result. The error code may be the same, but the circumstances are different.

His game is freezing after a few seconds of play and he sometimes gets <<1>> error code? Once I am in game I can play indefinitely with no problems...

I have consistent Infinite "Requesting Character Load" AND consistent <<1>> error logouts that are triggered by zone transfers. Could you please create a new thread that focuses on the very specific issue experienced by myself, @Vlakna , and @Ged ? Thank you.

My report number is [Incident: 150218-000300].
    Edited by Xepla on March 30, 2015 5:24PM
    Those who listen at doors always wonder what is beyond them. - Mephala, the Webspinner
  • Vlakna
    Vlakna
    ✭✭✭
    Incident: 150316-002086
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lionxoft I was using a Arris router/modem from comcast until I switched it to bridge mode and got a new router. Game runs fine now, and my connection in general got better.

@Friesenberg

I run an Arris as well for my home network. Maybe Zenimax needs to purchase one of these and troubleshoot it directly? Advising the customer to buy another router is not a feasible solution.
    Edited by Lionxoft on March 30, 2015 8:02PM
  • firewatch
    firewatch
    ✭✭✭
    I get the <<1>> error code every night I play in Cyrodiil. I also experience the issue where everyone freezes while you can still walk around for a while until the game crashes. This is in additional to abilities locking requiring relog and numerous random crashes to crash report, or desktop. I had none of these issues prior to 2.0. Pretty much makes Cyrodiil unplayable.
  • Friesenberg
    @Xepla yep they have closed at least 5 other threads that had the error <<1>> but totally different problems. I was questioning it myself as well.
  • Crunch
    Crunch
    Noize wrote: »
    Other suggestions which might help is that; if you have another hard drive try installing W10 free to download and use, it gets updated automatically. I suppose its like a beta version.
    You get to have your say how you want it to be etc.. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows-10/about
    Only install the game and see how that goes with updates, I haven't tried this yet but its just a thought.

I wouldn't count on this working - I am running Windows 10 and have the same problems with crashes, freezes, infinite load screens sometimes resulting in error <<1>> if it sits long enough. I am pretty sure Win10 is based on Win8.1 framework so they would likely have the same issues if it is OS specific.

I'll try the mentioned fixes and see how it goes.
  • ginoboehm
    ginoboehm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_MollyH wrote: »
    Hello,

Thank you all for your patience while we continue to develop a resolution to this issue. For those of you using Windows 8.1 as an OS, have you been able to try running ESO via Compatibility Mode for Windows 8 or Windows XP?

Thank you again for your patience while we continue working to get this resolved!

Both did not help and would be sad if they did. I had no problems before 1.6
  • ChopGateDon1
    ChopGateDon1
    ✭✭
    +1 for me. Everytime I try to load a character I sit at the loading screen for about 30 seconds then get booted to login with the <<1>> error. Tried the steps in the knowledge base article but to no avail.
    Im on EU server (UK) running Windows 7
This discussion has been closed.